Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What Class should I do?!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 06, 2013
Hello fellow Pirate friends and other people!

I have a following request for you guys. I have been struggling for 2 months now what class to do!

I am tied between all classes.

If you could help me pick a a class that would be great!

Thanks!
ColdRoPlay

Buccaneer or
Musketeer or
Swashbuckler or
Privateer or
Witchdoctor or

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Coldroplay on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:

I have a following request for you guys. I have been struggling for 2 months now what class to do!

Thanks!
ColdRoPlay

Buccaneer or
Musketeer or
Swashbuckler or
Privateer or
Witchdoctor or
I have all classes, they are ALL fun to play and present different challenges. I know this doesn't help you, but why not create a different pirate for each class and try them out to at least level 10, then decide which one you like best.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Coldroplay on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:

Thanks!
ColdRoPlay

Buccaneer or
Musketeer or
Swashbuckler or
Privateer or
Witchdoctor or
The great news is you don't have to choose. There are 5 classes and you can make 6 pirates. Enjoy the game a unique way with each one. I highly recommend all of them.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
All of these classes are really fun to play as. My personal favorite is the Privateer because of all of its buffs. Though the privateer only gets one Epic ability so far, and they get it really late in the game. Being a Buccaneer fun because you are a huge tank who has a lot of Epic abilities like Blade Storm. I would choose Swashbuckler over Buccaneer because Swashbuckler also has a lot of Epic abilities and they also can hide from the enemy and do massive damage. Musketeers have a lot of traps and Epic abilities, but I've never liked using a spark shooter just my opinion though. Witchdoctors are nice because they get an entire arsenal of spells to attack with. They have a lot of AoE attacks and can summon minions to fight alongside them.

If you want the game to be not that challenging choose Privateer because I could have soloed the entire game with it. It does take some honing of strategy to get it right but once you do that it's smooth sailing. I'd say that being a Buccaneer would be one of the most challenging to play as, but I say that solely on what I have seen, because I have not yet played as one.

As I said earlier, all of the classes are fun to play as and I would just go with the class that appeals to your personality. Privateer looked best for me because I find myself in real life as a person who is a good leader and likes to support others.

Hope this helps! Lvl 65

Ensign
May 22, 2011
Well, I go with how I am in real life. Because I quite strong and love charging without a plan, I am a buccaneer. It's like this:

-Strong, don't really need a plan for battle
-People look up to you
-Like being alone and hunting
-Skinny and fast
-Antisocial

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
As others have said, they are all fun and you have enough slots to run one of each (with a spare slot).

However, if you are debating which to start first and push enthusiastically, here is a little decision tree that might help (without the ability to draw, you know, the actual tree).

Would you prefer (a) charging forward into battle, swinging your sword/axe/club/broom with enthusiasm and leading your troops from the front, or (b) hanging back in the rear and harassing the enemy while your crew engages the enemy in melee?

If you chose (a), then you want a swashbuckler or a buccaneer; if you chose (b) you want a privateer, a musketeer, or a witchdoctor.

If you went with (a) for the original question, would you prefer (c) extra hit points and better armor (the buccaneer) or (d) more speed and maneuverability (the swashbuckler)?

If you chose (b) on the original question, would you prefer to win by (e) buffing your crew - enhancing their combat effectiveness, or (f) by directly attacking the enemy from your nice safe position in the rear ranks? If (e), you want a privateer; if (f) you want either a musketeer or a witchdoctor.

If you chose (f) in the previous question, would you prefer attacks that (g) do a moderate amount of damage to multiple targets (musketeer) or (h) do more substantial damage to single targets (the witchdoctor).

-Indigo

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I know how i feel when I first created each class,each have it's own strength and weakness.This are some of the recommended character build when comes to each class below. Just pick witch class that seems to be the easiest to work with.

Buccaneer- Strong both in physical power and defense,but low on speed how ever this class can take a lot of hits in dueling.In my opinon this class was the easiest to work with, I gave her the born in Moo Shu trait,to off set her low speed,that make her faster then the typical Buccaneer.

Witchdoctor- Strong in magical power and defense,but prone to physical attacks.To me this was the most challenging class to work with,but she get stronger along the way with light armor talent to off set some physical damage she receive.

Musketeer- A long ranged attacker high accuracy is a must for this class.With light armor talent and born in Marylebone talent, this give it extra defense and give it extra long range attack. Make this class even better marksmen.

Swashbuckler- A speedy class strong physical damages and other awesome talents, with walk in the wind from the Musketeer class and Mighty charge from the Buccaneer class,this is one class force to reckon with.

Privateer- A heavy armored class with lots of healing and buffing powers,a great class when comes to group battle,perfect with Buccaneer's mighty charge and big choppy talents and Swashbuckler's sneak attack,as well as some witchdoctor skills and the born in Girzzlehim talent to boost her health points.

I hope this help and see you at the spirals.