Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Flag Dying

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 18, 2011
Since some of us don't like our original fags as we go into the later game, I was wondering if it was possible to dye our flags. We could pay a fee in crowns so that it would only be something that people use only if they need to. Just an idea I got from my original character who has really bad colors.

Two-Faced Griffin Yellow fish level 65
Merciless Marcus Mizzen level 24
Ambitious Jacob Eastwick level 43

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheTsunami on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
Since some of us don't like our original fags as we go into the later game, I was wondering if it was possible to dye our flags. We could pay a fee in crowns so that it would only be something that people use only if they need to. Just an idea I got from my original character who has really bad colors.

Two-Faced Griffin Yellow fish level 65
Merciless Marcus Mizzen level 24
Ambitious Jacob Eastwick level 43
If you read the Producer's Letter for June, he gives a teasing hint using the word 'dyeing', many believe this refers to flag dyeing, keeping my fingers crossed that this is so!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
if you change your color of the flag it'll change the color of your companions clothes i have orange and white i hate it i agree with this

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Mostly i quite like the colors I chose... although my original witchdoctor's pink and black has led to some grumbling from certain members of the crew. But I think the ability to alter your flag and colors is a good idea, and I do agree that there are recent hints that it is coming.

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I would also like this. I let my brother make a character on one of my subsidiary accounts, and although I love my brother to death, his color choice was -- peculiar. My goal of sucking him into the game worked, so I hate to delete the bait pirate. OTOH, I'd love to be able to alter his color choice to something I'm not quite so embarrassed to run about with. That's a pirate who deserves to progress beyond Skull Island.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
I would also like this. I let my brother make a character on one of my subsidiary accounts, and although I love my brother to death, his color choice was -- peculiar. My goal of sucking him into the game worked, so I hate to delete the bait pirate. OTOH, I'd love to be able to alter his color choice to something I'm not quite so embarrassed to run about with. That's a pirate who deserves to progress beyond Skull Island.
May one inquire as to the 'peculiar' color choice, is it that gruesome?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Mustard yellow and magenta that would be, Anecorbie.

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
May one inquire as to the 'peculiar' color choice, is it that gruesome?
Not so gruesome, no. Just more 'designer color' than visually pleasing. Mustard yellow (I'm sure it was marketed as gold) and a magenta-ish. At the moment I've dyed his outfit, but the crew are still suffering...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Not so gruesome, no. Just more 'designer color' than visually pleasing. Mustard yellow (I'm sure it was marketed as gold) and a magenta-ish. At the moment I've dyed his outfit, but the crew are still suffering...
Oh lol, that is so close to what my WD has: Magenta and yellow! And I like her colors! ROFL

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
After the Pink-and-Black witchdoctor incident (and I will let you imagine what el Toro looks like in his pink spandex) I developed the habit of testing color choices on a secondary account before committing myself on the main account.

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Oh lol, that is so close to what my WD has: Magenta and yellow! And I like her colors! ROFL
Fortunately we all like different things or the world would be a much less colorful place.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Indigo Ring on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
After the Pink-and-Black witchdoctor incident (and I will let you imagine what el Toro looks like in his pink spandex) I developed the habit of testing color choices on a secondary account before committing myself on the main account.

-Indigo
*winces* ooh, El Toro that isn't a good combo for ya, my friend. Well, my companions are in white and blue due to a misunderstanding of color in the flag colors I picked. I have the flag design where there is sort of a curving line going horizontally through it. Of course, that wavy line is the BASE color and not the trim. -_- I assumed at the time that the background of the flag would be the base, which makes logical sense. But no, it's the trim, and all of my companions now run about with grey-ish white base colors and blue trim. I am somewhat annoyed by it, but now I don't really care. I've actually come to like it.

My other pirates have decent colors, and my Musketeer actually has brown and green for his flag. It doesn't look all that bad in my opinion. Of course, sometimes I think he and Bonnie Anne look like a pair of trees.

I wouldn't dye the flags of any of my Pirates simply because I like them the way they are. But if I did have something that looked ridiculous, I'd definitely change it. Ah, that image of El Toro in pink is still haunting me...

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Yes, the pink and black Toro is a haunting image. My brown and white Toro that runs with him is much more sedate. But imagine the terror of the enemy when that pink behemoth comes swinging through the air at them. He unnerves them so much (or they're giggling so hard) that it's easy for the rest of the crews to put 'em down.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
If you read the Producer's Letter for June, he gives a teasing hint using the word 'dyeing', many believe this refers to flag dyeing, keeping my fingers crossed that this is so!
Yeah if you read closely into the producers letter you will find he gives hints as to what will come in future updates the three that I saw and was interested in were the Grizzleheim possibility of being a world that will come soon, trading with other player (like in wizard101 with trading the gold cards sorry I forgot what they are called), and the flag dyeing was the last thing I noticed him hinting at so most likely those are the features that will come soon in an update

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It's almost here! I experimented in the Test Realm yesterday, and it works very well and the crown price (100) is quite reasonable. I do like that with the upgrade you will be able to see what your first mate will look like with the colors chosen. Well, at least that is true when you are changing colors... hopefully true when first starting a character as well.

In my test I changed Brynn's Pink-and-Black to Black-and-Dark purple, which didn't affect how the actual flag appeared much (I have always been happy with the flag itself) but looked much better on the crew. El Toro was very, very pleased. A night-black outfit with a flapping purple cloak is much more his style than the pink spandex with the black cape was.

Thanks, KI!

-Indigo

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Indigo Ring on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:
It's almost here! I experimented in the Test Realm yesterday, and it works very well and the crown price (100) is quite reasonable. I do like that with the upgrade you will be able to see what your first mate will look like with the colors chosen. Well, at least that is true when you are changing colors... hopefully true when first starting a character as well.

In my test I changed Brynn's Pink-and-Black to Black-and-Dark purple, which didn't affect how the actual flag appeared much (I have always been happy with the flag itself) but looked much better on the crew. El Toro was very, very pleased. A night-black outfit with a flapping purple cloak is much more his style than the pink spandex with the black cape was.

Thanks, KI!

-Indigo
Yep the price is definitely affordable :D in fact you can change your flag colors once a day if you manage to get a high enough score on the KIgames trivia pages

Ensign
May 18, 2011
Yeah I tried it out in the test realm as well. I like how they added new emblems to choose from. Some of the new ones look awesome.