Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what do you love about MB?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
i personally love the night sky, its one of the only places in the spiral you can sit back and see the stars. plus theres allot of clockworks to bash to so what do you love about marlybone?

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
I love the starry sky as well. I also like the skyway music. Sometimes I even catch myself saying a word or two with some kind of U.K. accent by accident and wonder, "Did I seriously just talked like that?" Though, I don't necessarily call it a bad thing. Sinking ships is my favorite hobby... sinking armada ships is even better... sinking armada ships with a fleet of fellow pirates is downright awesome! All the explosion graphics from Beachhead to Rooke's ship was beautiful and cool to look at. The little orphans walking around were so adorable I wanted to take a few in my ship and sail the skies with me. Of course I won't let them in combat and work for the rest of their lives like some of the members of my crew *ahem* (Nurse Quinn). I just want them to live on my wondrous galleon where I'll be sure they're well taken care of. I want to turn their frowns upside down!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Everything, this is a perfect conceptionalized world. All the music, sights, story came together for this world, it SHOWS the careful crafting of KingsIsle.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
If I stood in one spot and spun in a circle, where ever my face was facing when I stopped I could say "I love that". Although a particular favorite is the one place you can look at the full moon. Just lovely.

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
Ok, let just say that Marleybone is my favorite world EVER. It has amazing art, an incredible storyline, and wonderful new companions. The night sky was beautiful, I loved how the fog was everywhere, how there were so many people walking around, foxes, frogs, dogs, cats.. Beachead was my favorite thing to do, it was epic and the new puppet show insightful. Gracie was great, and always talks about these strange things like pistons and pressure. Lieutenant Springer is great, and I cant wait to get Catbeard. The mention of our parents was interesting too. Not to mention the riveting war quests. Congratulations Kingsisle.
Clever Sam Jones

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
If I stood in one spot and spun in a circle, where ever my face was facing when I stopped I could say "I love that". Although a particular favorite is the one place you can look at the full moon. Just lovely.
You've mention that before, and I've tried to find it. Just where is it that you can see the moon?

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
just got there and already to second beachhead dungeon I love mostly the dogs and foxes and every other animal wearing clothes

Romantic Nicole Underwood level 53 Swashbuckler Duelist

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
You've mention that before, and I've tried to find it. Just where is it that you can see the moon?
The Admiralty headquarters, or the war room. Look out the windows. They were really sneaky with that one.

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
I'm almost surprised Blind Mew hasn't responded yet (at the time I typed this.) Marleybone is his favorite, as he's mentioned several times.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Oh, I have finally gotten to Marleybone and I love, love, LOVE IT! I can't possibly pick a favorite thing about it, the world is flawlessly made and is now my favorite world in the Spiral. I have just started Marleybone, and I have only gotten as far as rescuing Nigel Swidget from the gang in the sewers. One thing I do have to say, though, is that the orphans are soooo cute! I just want to hug one, but alas, it is impossible...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I am a dog lover so I really enjoy all of the canine noises that can be heard throughout Marleybone. And I thoroughly enjoy the "industrial and modern feel" of Marleybone. Most of the other worlds have more of a primitive, untamed and/or fantasy element that is wonderful in it's own right. But Marleybone is the first world that really introduces more culture and modern industrialization, which was a nice change of pace. Valencia has some of this as well but it is nothing like the detail and thriving, bustling atmosphere that is Marleybone. Plus, the outfits and clothing are pretty darn swell. They definitely add to that Dickens/Oliver Twist vibe that Marleybone imbues.

Also, I don't know why but I really like that street sweeping frog or toad that walks around with the broom. For what is surely a "thankless job", he has quite a pleasantness about him. Just a simple little addition to the Marleybone nightlife that adds to it's charm, real-worldliness and already wonderful character.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
The Admiralty headquarters, or the war room. Look out the windows. They were really sneaky with that one.
Ooh! *waves hand excitedly* I saw it!!

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I simply love Marleybone, especially how you can see Marleybone City just over the horizon.

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
I like everything. From the battles to the clothes, to the places. EVERYTHING.