Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

App version of the game

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
I want see here how many of you guys want to have an app version of the game itself
If you guys want help ingame my name in the game is eager moorgrim rakes level 57 witchdoctor my ship is a massive marleybone galleon named the admirable adventure
See ya in the game!

Ensign
Oct 28, 2013
japenese battle ya... on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
I want see here how many of you guys want to have an app version of the game itself
If you guys want help ingame my name in the game is eager moorgrim rakes level 57 witchdoctor my ship is a massive marleybone galleon named the admirable adventure
See ya in the game!
YES!!!!! Genius idea!!!!!!! many emoticons

Leo, Lvl 65
Trustworthy Cody, Lvl 11
Flint Jones, Lvl 7

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
See ya in the game!
I think that will be way to hard to make the entire game as an app. However something like Grub Guardian (Hint hint Grub Guardian 2) would work

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
well it would be hard for KI but if they did make it that would be awesome.

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
This would make such things so much easier:
1. Traveling with an iPad or iPhone would be easier than taking a giant computer
2. More people will see an app then would see a commercial (especially ppl crazy for pirates :))
3. People would play more often
4. It would revolutionize the world of mmos
Please consider this!!!!!!!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
You have to consider a lot of technical things in the case of making an App Version game of this.

Firstly, Pirate101 requires a good chunk of processing power. Playing the game alone takes up a good chunk of CPU usage. Computers are designed to be powerful pieces of technology capable of doing things 10-20x more powerful than apps played on an iPad, maybe even more. Even the top phones today, like HTC or Note 3 would not be capable of handling this game. It's not only CPU, video cards come into play as well as adjusting the resolution, scrunching the game up and adjusting it to fit on a small screen, making sure devices will disconnect upon switching to data, and more. Phones aren't being designed yet to handle big computer games, and I don't think they will be anytime soon. Sure, they'll get faster and better, but seeing an App Version of the game is highly unlikely for the near future.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
See ya in the game!
Perfect idea! It should be in both the app store and Google play. It should cost us only 2.99. Plzzzzzz let it be an app!!!!!!!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I suggest an app where you manage your pets and companion and if possible also track pvp stats once ranked is released