Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

To Blind Mew/One-Eyed Jack

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
Ok, BM/OEJ, could you spare the time to answer some of my questions? They're all about Valencia (Except for one of them), as I am really anxious/curious about that world.

1: It seems like you guys don't take suggestions anymore through Emails. How will we give you suggestions?

2: Is Valencia actually finished, or is it still in progress? No, i'm not asking what is at each of the skyways exactly, just wondering.

3: In the game, Valencia looks much more bright than it is in the artwork. Why is this? Will any of the other skyways in Valencia be darker than others?

4: The part that i'm really, really anxious about involving Valencia is little-to-no grassy areas. Are we gonna visit some kind of place on a huge landmass somewhere else in Valencia? I mean, Valencia is lacking much grassy areas, and I can understand why, but surely there has to be something out there that isn't destroyed and/or invaded yet. Again, i'm not asking for what is in them, just say yes, no, or That would be telling/It's a mystery. But I really want to know, because that's a major part of my anxiety, and trust me, I can't take it anymore.

5: If Aragon Skyway was supposed to be empty because the Armada destroyed them, how come Sivella, Captain Steed's Villa, Granchia, and all the other empty landmasses weren't destroyed along with the other islands?

These are my questions, and I hope you can answer all of them without doing your average "I can't tell you" phrase.

Petty Alicia Cog

Administrator
itsamemario4 on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
Ok, BM/OEJ, could you spare the time to answer some of my questions? They're all about Valencia (Except for one of them), as I am really anxious/curious about that world.

1: It seems like you guys don't take suggestions anymore through Emails. How will we give you suggestions?

2: Is Valencia actually finished, or is it still in progress? No, i'm not asking what is at each of the skyways exactly, just wondering.

3: In the game, Valencia looks much more bright than it is in the artwork. Why is this? Will any of the other skyways in Valencia be darker than others?

4: The part that i'm really, really anxious about involving Valencia is little-to-no grassy areas. Are we gonna visit some kind of place on a huge landmass somewhere else in Valencia? I mean, Valencia is lacking much grassy areas, and I can understand why, but surely there has to be something out there that isn't destroyed and/or invaded yet. Again, i'm not asking for what is in them, just say yes, no, or That would be telling/It's a mystery. But I really want to know, because that's a major part of my anxiety, and trust me, I can't take it anymore.

5: If Aragon Skyway was supposed to be empty because the Armada destroyed them, how come Sivella, Captain Steed's Villa, Granchia, and all the other empty landmasses weren't destroyed along with the other islands?

These are my questions, and I hope you can answer all of them without doing your average "I can't tell you" phrase.

Petty Alicia Cog
Hi! In regards to question 1, we definitely welcome our Members to post their ideas/suggestions publicly on the Shipyards section of our Pirate101.com Message Boards. Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
itsamemario4 on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:

Petty Alicia Cog
It's "That would be telling."

Some of your questions ( Blind Mew mode activated ) would indeed be telling. In terms of question 2, Valencia still has some things left to add, but I don't think they'll show up any time soon. It is finished enough in terms of continuing the quest line, but in terms of overall plot, Valencia perhaps has the biggest role of all: a way to get to Kane.

4 is pretty interesting, and I guess there would be landmasses since you can tell the skyways lead to other areas. Captain's Steed's Villa hasn't been destroyed or invaded yet, so I would guess some other land masses would still be surviving.

Aragon skyway wasn't "supposed" to be empty, the Armada plans to destroy all the land once they get enough information about Marco Pollo. Sivella still is valuable to the Armada in terms of information about Marco Pollo and Steed's Villa probably doesn't pose any threat to the Armada for them to consume time in moving a huge machine to destroy a tiny island.

Not a developer, but all info I've taken based on observation and questing

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
Hi! In regards to question 1, we definitely welcome our Members to post their ideas/suggestions publicly on the Shipyards section of our Pirate101.com Message Boards. Thanks!
Ooh, I see. I'd be glad to give you guys ideas/suggestions to help improve P101!

Now, I had another question, yet again Involving Valencia (I just LOVE that world SO MUCH! )

6: When you guys compose new themes for Valencia, do you actually plan to use instruments used in Medieval Times/Renaissance since this world is based on said time? (I.E. Harp, Choir, Lute, etc.) Speaking of which, don't you guys compose music with specific instruments depending on what world it is?

I really needed to get this off my head...Badly.

Petty Alicia Cog

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
Gruesome Richard on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
It's "That would be telling."

Some of your questions ( Blind Mew mode activated ) would indeed be telling. In terms of question 2, Valencia still has some things left to add, but I don't think they'll show up any time soon. It is finished enough in terms of continuing the quest line, but in terms of overall plot, Valencia perhaps has the biggest role of all: a way to get to Kane.

4 is pretty interesting, and I guess there would be landmasses since you can tell the skyways lead to other areas. Captain's Steed's Villa hasn't been destroyed or invaded yet, so I would guess some other land masses would still be surviving.

Aragon skyway wasn't "supposed" to be empty, the Armada plans to destroy all the land once they get enough information about Marco Pollo. Sivella still is valuable to the Armada in terms of information about Marco Pollo and Steed's Villa probably doesn't pose any threat to the Armada for them to consume time in moving a huge machine to destroy a tiny island.

Not a developer, but all info I've taken based on observation and questing
I did say "That would be telling", lol.

2: I see, they are probably done with the places, but not completely done. Also, I thought Cool Ranch had the biggest role, how will Valencia have the biggest role? (I am really excited to see this italian Medieval/Renaissance world.)

4: Exactly, because Steed's Villa isn't in the way of the Armada's progress. Some other landmasses of Valencia should be out of the Armada's way too. The reason why I am so anxious about that landmass question was because I played this one Japanese RPG game, and the soundtrack was amazing. And one of the songs was so soothing and I loved it, and that's what made me anxious about that landmass thing. KingsIsle, can you (Hopefully) answer this question with just a yes/no thing? I really don't want to hold my anxiety in anymore...

5: Oh, you don't say? Interesting. They are destroying Granchia ATM, but the progress is just...Very very slow, as it's barely even doing anything to that island. Those grinders over at the Big Machine (What I call Cadiz, Kane's Castle) would destroy Granchia in seconds.

You are quite helpful, but if OEJ/Blind Mew answer these questions, we shall find out...The truth...Maybe.

Petty Alicia Cog

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
Just a bump reminding you guys I still need my questions answered. But since Blind Mew is extremely busy, can you answer these, One-Eyed Jack? (Especially question 4, I want to know that answer so badly! )

Petty Alicia Cog

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
hi, you some many Valencia questions, I also enjoyed that world. To answer question 4 the armada wont destroy everything, at the school part of Valencia they are forcing their type of order, I am not totally sure how to describe it but they are making their word law. They don't want to destroy everything, they just want to rule it all, which is what they are doing at the school. And for captain steed, I guess they just think kill the old horse would be a waste of cannons.....besides if they destroyed everything how could king isle make it a world for us to do anything in