Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wrong Preview for Pet Eggs

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 17, 2010
When a pair of pets is hatched on occasion the preview will be wrong for the egg, the colors will be off and it's really confusing sometimes.

Right when the egg is hatched, the pop up comes up and says something along the lines of 'you got this egg' and then you close it and open your backpack and sometimes the egg is a different color than the preview.

I would provide screenshots, but I don't know how to link to them on this board nor do I have any.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Horrorstar on May 27, 2014 wrote:
When a pair of pets is hatched on occasion the preview will be wrong for the egg, the colors will be off and it's really confusing sometimes.

Right when the egg is hatched, the pop up comes up and says something along the lines of 'you got this egg' and then you close it and open your backpack and sometimes the egg is a different color than the preview.

I would provide screenshots, but I don't know how to link to them on this board nor do I have any.
I have some. I was going to do this very same post and you beat me to it. Here is the first glimpse we get of the egg, here is the actual egg we get.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 27, 2014 wrote:
I have some. I was going to do this very same post and you beat me to it. Here is the first glimpse we get of the egg, here is the actual egg we get.
Thanks so much, Chrissy!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Horrorstar on May 28, 2014 wrote:
Thanks so much, Chrissy!
You are quite welcome. I was getting the frustration of that little glitch a LOT last night as I fruitlessly tried 16 times for a Grimtooth Shark. Over half the time the first egg shown would be the coveted red one and I would excitedly look on the pet screen and my hopes would be crushed as I, once again, see another blue egg (or pink if it was another Specter but the glitch didn't apply to those 10).

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
I have been having the same issue. But after discussing with fellow morphing enthusiast we have come to the conclusion that the preview of the egg color right after hatching could be a sign of a hybrid hatch. Meaning it shows it is a possibility but then our luck turns and we get the normal pet back instead of a hybrid.

So, by saying this of course I could totally be wrong, but my hopes are high. Because as well all know the Spectre and Not So Great White Shark do make the hybrid, Grimtooth. So by seeing the Red and Blue egg at first for the hybrid, then it switches suddenly, my theory might be correct. it means we need to keep trying until be hopefully do get lucky with a new hybrid hatch.

Just passing along a possible thought. I am hoping it is a sign that we need to keep hatching those two pets and hopefully we will get lucky. I did try ones together that are not possible hybrids, and the correct egg did come up.

Just a theory...