Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

new monitor glitches...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
Recentaly I got a new monitor. I opened Pirate 101 and to my surprise (I'll put glitches in order) the opening flag did not have a pole, in the selection screen none of my 5 pirates had hair, if they had faces they mould be backwards, when I opened my level 52 privateer I could not see her face or monkey king's face his helmet was floating, around me there was a giant glitch circle of sky instead of Port Regal ground. At this point I though "Hmmmmm maybe if I go to a dungeon maybe the game will work..." So I go to a dungeon and I am pelted with glitch after glitch after glitch, the enemys had the same problem as the selection screen characters, when I went into a battle I was stuck looking bird's eye veiw no grid, as I quit Boochbeard says "Just a moment to get where you're going you need to unbottle a ship." and the game crashed.... What the in the name of Death himself just happened?! Anyways, help! Please. This has never happened until I got the new monitor.
from a glitched

Hope your game works better than mine

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
pirate chick on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
Recentaly I got a new monitor. I opened Pirate 101 and to my surprise (I'll put glitches in order) the opening flag did not have a pole, in the selection screen none of my 5 pirates had hair, if they had faces they mould be backwards, when I opened my level 52 privateer I could not see her face or monkey king's face his helmet was floating, around me there was a giant glitch circle of sky instead of Port Regal ground. At this point I though "Hmmmmm maybe if I go to a dungeon maybe the game will work..." So I go to a dungeon and I am pelted with glitch after glitch after glitch, the enemys had the same problem as the selection screen characters, when I went into a battle I was stuck looking bird's eye veiw no grid, as I quit Boochbeard says "Just a moment to get where you're going you need to unbottle a ship." and the game crashed.... What the in the name of Death himself just happened?! Anyways, help! Please. This has never happened until I got the new monitor.
from a glitched

Hmm sounds like your video card and your new monitor are conflicting with each other. Your best bet would be to contact customer support and they can request just the files they need from your system to let you know who the culprit is.

Administrator
pirate chick on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
from a glitched

This does sound concerning! Please contact support@pirate101.com and reference this thread when you contact them.

When you contact them, please also include a DXDiag file from your computer.

1. Go to your Start menu.
2. Go to 'Run' (or 'Start Search' if you're running Vista).
3. In this window, type "dxdiag" (without quotes).
4. You may be asked a question about 'WHQL Certification', click No or Cancel if presented with this option.
5. This will run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. It could take a few minutes to complete, watch for the progress bar in the lower left hand corner or status.
6. When complete, click the Save All Information button.
7. This will bring up a file requester, click 'Save'.
8. You will have saved a file called Dxdiag.txt to your desktop.

If you could attach that file to an email and send it to our Customer Support, perhaps they will be able to help with this situation.

Thanks and I hope we can get you sailing the skyways without these interruptions soon!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014