Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I'm confused

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
So let's say you give a companion burst fire, relentless etc. Let's use Bonnie as an example. And let's say she has burst fire x2, overwatch and true grit. Ok, so, the enemy comes down and triggers bonnies overwatch. She hits the enemy. Now shouldn't she burst? Nope she just stops right there and doesn't fire another blast. Now in the same round an enemy fires and hit's bonnie. Triggering her true grit. Bonnie fires, hits and NOW she uses her burst fire! I'm confused about why she didn't use it the first time. If epic talents are one of those CHANCE things then fine. Great. But how come some epic talents are always constant. Does anybody know what I mean? I can't tell you how many times I just needed someone to burst or relentless to kill an enemy with 100 life left and they just stop attacking. It drives me mad! Maybe Ratbeard can shed some of his radiant light on this.

And for cryin' out loud pls tell me what this is!-

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Duke of Westminste... on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
So let's say you give a companion burst fire, relentless etc. Let's use Bonnie as an example. And let's say she has burst fire x2, overwatch and true grit. Ok, so, the enemy comes down and triggers bonnies overwatch. She hits the enemy. Now shouldn't she burst? Nope she just stops right there and doesn't fire another blast. Now in the same round an enemy fires and hit's bonnie. Triggering her true grit. Bonnie fires, hits and NOW she uses her burst fire! I'm confused about why she didn't use it the first time. If epic talents are one of those CHANCE things then fine. Great. But how come some epic talents are always constant. Does anybody know what I mean? I can't tell you how many times I just needed someone to burst or relentless to kill an enemy with 100 life left and they just stop attacking. It drives me mad! Maybe Ratbeard can shed some of his radiant light on this.

If you look at her burst fire information when you hover over it you can see a little Die with a 35 on it. That means that Burst Fire has a 35% chance of triggering. I have seen Bonnie burst fire 3x on an overwatch trigger so it can happen, it's all just chance.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Duke of Westminste... on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:

P.S. I do believe are squid. What they stand for, that I am not sure

Captain
May 13, 2011
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
If you look at her burst fire information when you hover over it you can see a little Die with a 35 on it. That means that Burst Fire has a 35% chance of triggering. I have seen Bonnie burst fire 3x on an overwatch trigger so it can happen, it's all just chance.
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I have been wondering this for a while and now I finally know why. I'm going to keep a better eye out for things like that. Thanks Again!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Duke of Westminste... on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I have been wondering this for a while and now I finally know why. I'm going to keep a better eye out for things like that. Thanks Again!
You are most welcome. It is what we are here for.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
35%... feels like 80%, both for me and my enemies
35% is the base chance of the epic talent triggering. This is increased by having a much higher base stat than your target, so buffing Agility will make your unit Burst Fire more often and reduce enemy Burst Fire frequency (it also helps your damage and critical chance).
Burst Fire 3 gives you a better chance of Burst Fire triggering, depending on how much your target is already damaged. We don't know how much these tier 3 epics change the things they change, but maybe Ratbeard will tell us one day (Hint!). I believe that Burst Fire 1 and 2 also trigger a little more often when the target is heavily damaged, but my Zeena, with Burst Fire 3 and Double Tap 1, finishes red-lined units more reliably than Bonnie Anne, with Burst Fire 2 and Double Tap 1.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
P.S. I do believe are squid. What they stand for, that I am not sure
I think are a Cthulu reference. Pirate101central calls the same sticky toon "ancient one". See the writings of H. P. Lovecraft for more on Cthulu.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Row4n412 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
35% is the base chance of the epic talent triggering. This is increased by having a much higher base stat than your target, so buffing Agility will make your unit Burst Fire more often and reduce enemy Burst Fire frequency (it also helps your damage and critical chance).
Burst Fire 3 gives you a better chance of Burst Fire triggering, depending on how much your target is already damaged. We don't know how much these tier 3 epics change the things they change, but maybe Ratbeard will tell us one day (Hint!). I believe that Burst Fire 1 and 2 also trigger a little more often when the target is heavily damaged, but my Zeena, with Burst Fire 3 and Double Tap 1, finishes red-lined units more reliably than Bonnie Anne, with Burst Fire 2 and Double Tap 1.
Another informative post Thanks.