Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Role Swapping?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
If you could switch roles with a companion for a day, who would you choose to switch with? (Keep in mind that this comes with the side effect of your companion being Captain for the day. Hmmm.... now which companion would make the funniest Captain?)

Okay, I'm having trouble on this one. I don't want to give control of my ship over to Ratbeard or Catbeard for a day, as I fear they'd take over. El Toro might be a good choice, but he might be a bigger egomaniac than some of the other companions would like. The same goes for Hawkules.

Before I go rambling on even more, I think I've made my decision. I'd probably switch roles with Gracie Conrad. She's level headed and I think her bigger vocabulary would confuse some of the other companions. In short, I think she would be an excellent Captain for a day. I would be able to stand by and watch as the other companions try to figure out what she's saying and I'd still have a ship by the end of the day.

Captain
May 13, 2011
kobe. thats a no brainer. he has skill, honor, and last but not least, graffiti skills

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
kobe. thats a no brainer. he has skill, honor, and last but not least, graffiti skills
I haven't seen much of Kobe yet, but from what I've seen he would make a fine replacement captain for Angel.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Scarlet Freeman on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
If you could switch roles with a companion for a day, who would you choose to switch with? (Keep in mind that this comes with the side effect of your companion being Captain for the day. Hmmm.... now which companion would make the funniest Captain?)

Okay, I'm having trouble on this one. I don't want to give control of my ship over to Ratbeard or Catbeard for a day, as I fear they'd take over. El Toro might be a good choice, but he might be a bigger egomaniac than some of the other companions would like. The same goes for Hawkules.

Before I go rambling on even more, I think I've made my decision. I'd probably switch roles with Gracie Conrad. She's level headed and I think her bigger vocabulary would confuse some of the other companions. In short, I think she would be an excellent Captain for a day. I would be able to stand by and watch as the other companions try to figure out what she's saying and I'd still have a ship by the end of the day.
Hi Scarlet. Great idea and I think Gracie is an awesome choice!

Me personally, I would like to spend a day in El Toro's cape and mask. I relish the thought of being able to walk around with enough confidence to speak in 1st person. Also I would love to be able to handle a whip like that, Indiana Jones style. And let's not forget the epically cool 'superhero' ability of spelling in the air.....although I don't think T,T,T,T,T,T etc. spells anything yet. So I would like to expand my air-alphabet writing and then eventually graduate to words. (Also there is no denying that he has a great set of teeth)

Everyone loves El Toro right, but not as much as El Toro loves El Toro.

Hold it....hold it.....hold it. I just had a scary thought. El Toro behind the helm of my precious Eagle Galleon- even if only for a day could be terrifying with a capital......T.

I must seriously rethink this whole thing now!

Ensign
Jul 05, 2012
Excellent idea, Scarlet! This sounds like it would be so much fun!

Because I am an overly cautious person, the only companion I would trust to take over would have to be my first mate, Bonnie.
However, just for kicks, I was thinking of the person I would least want to switch with, and that would be Monkey King. Though his armour and kung foo skills are pretty epic, I don't think anyone would enjoy the magical squeezy helmet. Plus, can you imagine all the trouble he could get us into? *shivers*

-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 65 Musketeer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
Hi Scarlet. Great idea and I think Gracie is an awesome choice!

Me personally, I would like to spend a day in El Toro's cape and mask. I relish the thought of being able to walk around with enough confidence to speak in 1st person. Also I would love to be able to handle a whip like that, Indiana Jones style. And let's not forget the epically cool 'superhero' ability of spelling in the air.....although I don't think T,T,T,T,T,T etc. spells anything yet. So I would like to expand my air-alphabet writing and then eventually graduate to words. (Also there is no denying that he has a great set of teeth)

Everyone loves El Toro right, but not as much as El Toro loves El Toro.

Hold it....hold it.....hold it. I just had a scary thought. El Toro behind the helm of my precious Eagle Galleon- even if only for a day could be terrifying with a capital......T.

I must seriously rethink this whole thing now!
Very funny. Are you and Sam brothers?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
Very funny. Are you and Sam brothers?
I don't know for a fact and no tests have been done to rule it out, but I do enjoy his goofy and adventurous sense of humor. I live my life on the lighter side and it seems he has embraced this as well. Either way I definitely get a whopping kick out of anything that he writes. I love to laugh for sure and he is well equipped at producing laughter. As far as the question goes, I just may have to do some research to come up with a decisive and conclusive answer.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
TackUpwind on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
Excellent idea, Scarlet! This sounds like it would be so much fun!

Because I am an overly cautious person, the only companion I would trust to take over would have to be my first mate, Bonnie.
However, just for kicks, I was thinking of the person I would least want to switch with, and that would be Monkey King. Though his armour and kung foo skills are pretty epic, I don't think anyone would enjoy the magical squeezy helmet. Plus, can you imagine all the trouble he could get us into? *shivers*

-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 65 Musketeer
Hey Charlotte- you are so right about that. I feel that being that mischievous monkey would mean nothing but trouble, for my pirate and my crew. Don't get me wrong, I like a little adventurous mischief now and then but Monkey King takes it to a whole other level for sure.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
Are all their graffiti markings the same, cause I hope so...

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Hmm, I would like to give my Captain role to Bonnie Anne, she may not be as smart as Gracie, but at least she as more sense and smarts than either RatBeard or El Toro. I'm pretty sure we all remember the moment in Beachhead when Gracie was telling us all how to destroy Beachhead with the giant piston and...

El Toro: "Did you catch any of that?"

Ratbeard: "What's a piston?"

Bonnie Anne: " Oh, knock it off already! If we pull the switches the place blows up! Got it?

See what I mean?

Anyway, I would say the worst two people on my crew to be Captain would be Ratbeard and Monkey King. I would love to see how many more cannons and other explosives he would upgrade my ship with(As long as it still can sail) so those Armada ships wouldn't stand a chance. As for Monkey King, we need to stay out of Mooshu or we'd get blown out of the sky. Going to Marleybone would put us between the Armada and a hard place...

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
:D I would definitely pick Holkun Doomhorn or Sarah Steele

Holkun Doom horn: Not only is he a great tank but he is an aztecosaur so he will lead the crew with ancient battle styles and his mighty shield/club combo.

Sarah Steele: She is quite clever and has become quite handy in tough melee fights. She could easily lead my crew into battle with great results.

Although now that I think about it Nausica would be a great leader as well with her agility and great critical hit powers. But I will leave the spotlight to the above 2

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
i like this idea.it reminds me of that one spongebob episode,you know the one where plankton decides to swap his role with mr.krabs for one day in order to find out the krabby patty formula(sigh i miss spongebob why did it have to go downhill? at least they gave us a last good hurrah in the movie and just calling it now...the sequel is going to suck)personally i would switch days with lucky jack russel i will explain later.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Cheryl: I'd give this one to Gracie. She can do it, right???
Natalie: Ensign Emmett. Despite his small size, he's a Privateer's best friend!
Hannah: I'm lending this out to Kan Po. He's so smart...
Stephanie: Bonnie Anne would SURELY take this role.
Esmerelda: To my best friend who has always been there with her: Sarah!

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
(Note to self, remember to check your topic every now and again. )

Now that you guys mention all these replacements I think I may have to rethink my replacement decision. Although... I still want a ship to head back to after my gear shopping spree.

I think the worst replacement captain for a day on Scarlet's ship would be Hawkules. Even El Toro notices how much of an egomaniac he is, which really is saying something, isn't it? I can't see very many crew members taking him seriously, even if he was the captain.

As some of you have mentioned, Monkey King would also be a scary replacement. I think he would try to get revenge for all the times I forgot to move Rouse further up my power list. And he'd probably want revenge for the crown of control, or whatever it was.

I do agree that Bonnie Anne would be a good replacement captain. I was considering putting her in charge while I went to ste... erhm... liberate some items, but then I thought that putting Gracie in charge would be a two in one hit, as I would still have a ship and she'd make me laugh while saying stuff that confused the other crew members.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Scarlet Freeman on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
(Note to self, remember to check your topic every now and again. )

Now that you guys mention all these replacements I think I may have to rethink my replacement decision. Although... I still want a ship to head back to after my gear shopping spree.

I think the worst replacement captain for a day on Scarlet's ship would be Hawkules. Even El Toro notices how much of an egomaniac he is, which really is saying something, isn't it? I can't see very many crew members taking him seriously, even if he was the captain.

As some of you have mentioned, Monkey King would also be a scary replacement. I think he would try to get revenge for all the times I forgot to move Rouse further up my power list. And he'd probably want revenge for the crown of control, or whatever it was.

I do agree that Bonnie Anne would be a good replacement captain. I was considering putting her in charge while I went to ste... erhm... liberate some items, but then I thought that putting Gracie in charge would be a two in one hit, as I would still have a ship and she'd make me laugh while saying stuff that confused the other crew members.
Very funny Scarlet.

Love the part about Hawkules and El Toro. I think if Hawkules was captain, even if for only a day, your ship would literally be split in half, creating two separate ships- one occupied by himself and his ego, the other the rest of your crew trying to escape him and his arrogance. Good call on Gracie- she does have a great, although perplexingly comical, personality.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Very funny Scarlet.

Love the part about Hawkules and El Toro. I think if Hawkules was captain, even if for only a day, your ship would literally be split in half, creating two separate ships- one occupied by himself and his ego, the other the rest of your crew trying to escape him and his arrogance. Good call on Gracie- she does have a great, although perplexingly comical, personality.
I only thought of that (rather scary) possibility after you mentioned El Toro as a replacement Captain. I would what he would do with your ship. It's kind of funny to imagine what would happen to our pirates beloved ships of a crew member was left in charge.

(At this point I'll take my leave because Scarlet is glaring at me. Laura and Angel don't look too pleased either. Was it something I said?)

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
Bonnie Anne and Kobe would be about the only companions I would trust to not destroy my ship on Samantha. On Sarai, it'd be Bonnie and Sara Steele, and on Nikita, it'd be Bonnie and the starter companion, I can't remember his name.
-Brave Samantha Nightingale lvl 65
-Sneaky Sarai Nightingale lvl 10
-Stormy Nikita Nightigale lvl 11

Captain
May 13, 2011
Scarlet Freeman on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
I only thought of that (rather scary) possibility after you mentioned El Toro as a replacement Captain. I would what he would do with your ship. It's kind of funny to imagine what would happen to our pirates beloved ships of a crew member was left in charge.

(At this point I'll take my leave because Scarlet is glaring at me. Laura and Angel don't look too pleased either. Was it something I said?)
maybe they thought your post was a little sadistic "It's kind of funny to imagine what would happen to our pirates beloved ships of a crew member was left in charge"

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Omar: Hmmmm, I would say...Itzzen Kaan or Old Scratch. both are reliable, good natured (to a point), and have wonderful discipline methods, lighting and Undead. Plus I am really intrigued as to their styles of combat.
Alexander: Who to choose? let me see...Ratbeard maybe...or perhaps Monkey King...oh, don't forget Hawkules. Oh dash it all, I'll say...no, then again maybe not. Got it! El Toro! Then my ship could be thrown topsy-turvy.
Omar: You mean it wasn't already?

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
The Undead Obeah on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
Omar: Hmmmm, I would say...Itzzen Kaan or Old Scratch. both are reliable, good natured (to a point), and have wonderful discipline methods, lighting and Undead. Plus I am really intrigued as to their styles of combat.
Alexander: Who to choose? let me see...Ratbeard maybe...or perhaps Monkey King...oh, don't forget Hawkules. Oh dash it all, I'll say...no, then again maybe not. Got it! El Toro! Then my ship could be thrown topsy-turvy.
Alexander, next time I see the wreckage of a ship floating around with broken explosive barrels, a smashed helmet, and a trumpet that looks like it was sliced in half with a sword, I'll know whose it is.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Hmm.....Interesting thread. Soooo, for me, I would definitely choose....................Bat Masterson. For starters, he's an awesomesauce VAMPIRE. Must I say more? *Narrows eyes* Yes?

Well, if the fact that he's a creature of death doesn't scare you enough to follow his orders, I don't know what will. He's cool, calm, and collected. If any companions are causing trouble, he can just put them to sleep. (Hopefully not forever )

And to be honest, due to the distinct lack of fedoras in Pirate101, spending a day in Bat Masterson's epic outfit would make my pirate life complete.

Wait.....Bat doesn't have any hands to turn the wheel. Oh well. He can just steer the ship with his feet!

Anyway, cheers!

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
Hmm...

I think my most likely switches would be:

Bonnie Anne - technically she was sort of your commanding officer early in Skull Island.
Eep Oop Ork Ah Ah - a Troggy Chief should be able to command a ship right? just keep him away from the grill...
Handsome Dan - because he is awesome!

Least likely:

Monkey King - You're really just tempting fate here.
Fin Dorsal - see above.
Any of the pig companions... just don't like them.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
The Undead Obeah on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
Wow... What a horrible, HORRIBLE choice.

Guys, don't pick these types of companions to swap roles with. They think they're so great and are all that, but they actually have no wits, unlike the smart starters (ESPECIALLY Kan Po ) , though I'm not so sure about Subodai himself...

Subodai: Why are you being so skeptical??? I can do it! I'm strong, I'm tough, and I---

Esmerelda: Subodai! Didn't you hear me already? I gave this role to Sarah. Sorry, buddy...

Captain
May 13, 2011
CheeryCherry1234 on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
Wow... What a horrible, HORRIBLE choice.

Guys, don't pick these types of companions to swap roles with. They think they're so great and are all that, but they actually have no wits, unlike the smart starters (ESPECIALLY Kan Po ) , though I'm not so sure about Subodai himself...

Subodai: Why are you being so skeptical??? I can do it! I'm strong, I'm tough, and I---

Esmerelda: Subodai! Didn't you hear me already? I gave this role to Sarah. Sorry, buddy...
subodai would make a good protector though

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Well I would want to be Old Scratch for one, he has some wicked mad mojo skills then other witchdoctor companions I go with.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan