Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dullest Moment

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
What was the most dreariest moment in Pirate101 for you. Was it having to defeat 10 wharf rat ships or a dungeon or maybe collecting 10 pieces of fruit? Mine would have to be Monquista. All of it. I had the pirate skiff and Monquista is so huge. It took forever to get across it.

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
i spawned under ground and couldn't move, it was funny and i hope it gets never deleted!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I have never really had a dreary moment. When I am not questing I am poking around and exploring the worlds that have been created and looking for all the neat stuff the designers have put in here just for our enjoyment that have nothing to do with the game plot at all. I enjoy the ship fights. There is something quite satisfying about watching them sink into the depths. I look forward to them and if it gets challenging then I look for ways to beat them at their own game. If I get tired doing one thing there is always something else I can do that is very different and there there is the time spent helping out other pirates. It is all fun for me and even if I get frustrated until I figure out a particular challenge, it is never dull.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
defeating the ten mb ships in port regal. I hated that!

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
The majority of the game is incredible. I love the storyline and the scenery so much I do not like it, however, when I am all alone fighting 10 ships. It makes me sad because I feel like everyone is so much further ahead of me. (When I was in Mooshu and everyone else was in Aquila)

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
I love the storylines, characters, artwork, and all the majesty that is the Spiral. What I dislike is waiting for drops. If I need to sink 64 ships to get that 10th drop, I'd rather be told up front "Sink 64 ships."

Subodai: But I like sinking ships.
Ratbeard: Ain't that why we're pirates, Cap'n.
Bonnie Anne: And I love a good fight.
Emmett: After all, it is our duty.
Stormy Sky: Are you going to finish that? I'm still hungry.
Sarah Steele: Has anyone else noticed how beautifully blue the sky is?
El Toro: Not as beautiful as my Carolina.
Hawkules: Did you know I am the son of a god?
Old Scratch: Aren't we geting off the subject a bit?
Catbeard: Speaking of drops, I think I've lost a contact lens.
Rooster Cogburn: Hadn't we best be gettin' back to sinkin' more ships, Cap'n?
Kan Po: Sometimes Dragonfly, you have to sail where the ship wants to go.
Duck Holliday: And just what the tarnation is that supposed to mean?
Gracie Conrad: Captain, I believe I can adjust the drop rate with a handful of nails, a torque wrench and an acetylene torch.
Zeena: Ki-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi!
Monkey King: Third floor - hardware, ship gear, various drops of all kinds.
Mormo: Mormo could have said that.
Nurse Quinn: Lunch is ready!
All: YAY!!

Sometimes, I just can't win.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
I would have to go with defeating those eight bumbaloons! That was probably the hardest part in the game! Although, I did take quite a lot of pleasure (maybe a little too much) in seeing them go POP and whooshing around like a deflating balloon! But no moments were really that dreary. K.I. Made too wonderful a game for that!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I would have to say for me the dullest moment in the game was not from playing the game itself but just when I hit that level cap wall- it came shortly after arriving to Aquila when my pirate reached max level.

I gave up questing at that point to keep from wasting any current quest XP points until new content was added, thus raising the level cap. From that point I have spent countless, sometimes mindless hours farming trying to add to my pirate's gear collection. It's still fun but alas, to be questing again would be so welcomed by my pirate and his crew.

Although it has 'forced' me to work on some of my other pirates and I have also spent a ton of time helping out others- so those a positives.

As for the playing the game and progressing with quests and through the storyline, in my opinion there are no true dull moments. There are just too many things to see and so much clever, creative dialogue that everything always seems fresh. Not to mention the many Easter Eggs and character references to so many things I enjoy. Never a dull moment in my eyes.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I have to defeat... 8 BUMBALOONS! Did they really have to do that?

Ensign
Mar 11, 2013
Going to Valencia. You have to go through 3 stormgates and sail through the Tradewinds and Tierra Primata Skyways just to get to the stormgates.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
Having to defeat 8 Striped Buffaloons in Cool Ranch! This quest is super annoying because only one shows up each battle. There are a few others but this one always annoyed me whenever I've done it.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Wicked Victor Arms... on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
Having to defeat 8 Striped Buffaloons in Cool Ranch! This quest is super annoying because only one shows up each battle. There are a few others but this one always annoyed me whenever I've done it.
Wow! Your the third person who said that. Those bumbaloons really are annoying aren't they!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Wicked Victor Arms... on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
Oi, at least one Striped Bumbaloon is guaranteed to show up now. What I disliked the most was way back when my main pirate, Scarlet was in Cool Ranch fighting the Silver Buffaloons. I don't remember exactly how many we needed back then, maybe it was still only eight. However, in order to get Silver Buffaloons, you had to attack regular Buffaloons and hope that a silver one would show up. If, in the case of a Silver Buffaloon actually showing up, you then had to hope that it actually dropped it's hide. Honestly, these new fangled Striped Bumbaloons are nothing compared to what the Silver Buffaloons were.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Definitely when I got past Marleybone. I was bored quickly afterward because Marleybone was my new favorite world

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sam Underhill on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
I love the storylines, characters, artwork, and all the majesty that is the Spiral. What I dislike is waiting for drops. If I need to sink 64 ships to get that 10th drop, I'd rather be told up front "Sink 64 ships."

Subodai: But I like sinking ships.
Ratbeard: Ain't that why we're pirates, Cap'n.
Bonnie Anne: And I love a good fight.
Emmett: After all, it is our duty.
Stormy Sky: Are you going to finish that? I'm still hungry.
Sarah Steele: Has anyone else noticed how beautifully blue the sky is?
El Toro: Not as beautiful as my Carolina.
Hawkules: Did you know I am the son of a god?
Old Scratch: Aren't we geting off the subject a bit?
Catbeard: Speaking of drops, I think I've lost a contact lens.
Rooster Cogburn: Hadn't we best be gettin' back to sinkin' more ships, Cap'n?
Kan Po: Sometimes Dragonfly, you have to sail where the ship wants to go.
Duck Holliday: And just what the tarnation is that supposed to mean?
Gracie Conrad: Captain, I believe I can adjust the drop rate with a handful of nails, a torque wrench and an acetylene torch.
Zeena: Ki-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi!
Monkey King: Third floor - hardware, ship gear, various drops of all kinds.
Mormo: Mormo could have said that.
Nurse Quinn: Lunch is ready!
All: YAY!!

Sometimes, I just can't win.
Oh Sam I just adore your posts. You are truly the message board master Jester. Whenever I read your posts I am always laughing out loud. I mean really laughing out loud, not just saying "lol". Your posts are just about the only ones where I am giggling loudly when everyone in the house knows I am in my room, alone and quiet for hours but I am rumored to have (in their eyes) unprovoked hilarity that I will not stifle even when they look at me and glance at the speed dial for psychological 911 service.

That was simply brilliant. *Bows to the mastah*

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
I don't know about you guys, but to me the English Bill quest was awful. It was just one wild goose chase after another, and I was sick of it before you could say "Seamus, go and heal the Free Ranger, bring peace to the giant animal spirits, defeat the baddest bison in the Big Sky, go back to Skull Island to get something the Frogfather coincidentally just lost, go back to Cool Ranch to get silver from a mine infested with Bloodbats and one crazy chicken, takes a breath, and only then can you kill the Duck of Death. By the way, Tonka doesn't know where the map is either!" If I could ask one change to the storyline, it would be make this shorter.