Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Class Skills and Changes Ideas

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 04, 2009
I have a couple suggestions and ideas I would like to put out there to see some opinions and maybe considering to change or add some things in the upcoming updates, I am not trying to offend any class for I have high levels of each. First, I would really like to see the basic skills and powers that each class should have, such as your average blade - plus 40% damage to next attack (lower for some classes, higher for others) as well as shields, although buccaneers and privateers do have those. Second, the Classes should be true to their description.

Witchdoctors - "While weak in direct combat, witchdoctors never fight fair - hexes that weaken foes...." I think focus fire should be a witchdoctor spell for it debuffs the enemies defense. Same for an attack debuff. And an idea for higher level spell is that it spreads to all enemies (Like in Wizard101). Stuns could also be an addition to this class. I personally do not like the whole series eyeball animations and bolt, its a little off the theme of a witchdoctor to electrify a group of enemies, and then summon an eyeball from the ground. One or the other.

Privateers - I think they are very true to their purpose. Some say they are overpowered because they can stack buffs, mainly critical buffs and accuracy dodge buffs. I do agree to some point that you shouldn't be able to give your swashbuckler companions more dodge than an actual swashbuckler, same with accuracy and musketeers, but that is their intended role as a class. Fighting Fervor and Tower of Iron Will, I cant notice too much of a difference even with all of my will buffs, Could they rather be a pure damage and defense buff? I would also like to see their buffs explode off everyones head at once like in the beta.

Buccaneers - An idea I have for buccaneers is maybe to later give them a weaker version of Leviathans Call to all allies, or all buccaneers on the battlefield. They are the tanks, so maybe give them something like a taunt or gallant defense type spell, which suggestively should be a buccaneer spell anyways.

Swashbucklers - I love this class, they are quick, dodgy, have poisons, stealth, and have critical buffs, as well as a challenge against musketeers where the epic talents and dodge are completely and nearly useless. A spell I would like to see is a self dodgy buff. They should have an armor penetration buff as well. Maybe an attack and a hide spell combined, like a hit and run sort of thing.

Musketeers - The Trap experts, I love the whole knockback idea, great addition to this class, I would like to see a 4x4 trap power in the next update, or one of those machines that Bishop sets on the ground and shoots an area. Motion sensor traps like the mines that the Junior Engineer companion has.

Thank you all for reading all of my ideas please share your thoughts and share your ideas.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2010
Hello pirate!! Yer ideas are very good imp. I love all of your suggestions for each class. Even though I am only a musketeer I have played every class in beta. Though, i do have some suggestions I would like to say. Here they are:

Musketeers: they could get maybe more bombs and bear traps. Also they could get invisible traps that could even work in pvp. Musketeers to me seemed like a class that would never get touched by melee units so, we musketeers could get traps that spread out like a snap shot denying any foe from coming in too close. OP I know but just an idea.

Buccaneer: this class isn't the best on attacking but I love the idea of their protections. I don't see them as mighty warriors but more like battle ready tank engines. No offense but have you even seen a buccaneer hit a swashbuckler for a vengeance strike?? I know they can attack ok but in next update they should live up to their dis option more by getting a little more accuracy and better attacks including aoes.

Privateers: they are fine but need to be tuned down a little. Maybe they should get their own attack.

Witchdoctors: I think their range isn't good as in they have too much range. I thought musketeers would be the ranged class but I thought wrong. Maybe in next update they could have less range but higher attacks. Idk if that is bad in some peoples minds but oh well. Deal with it.

Overall I loved you ideas and I think all classes are really good except for privateers (no offense) and hope to see even better classes very soon.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Great first post, and welcome to the Message Board! Many of these ideas are really good.

In the Witchdoctor section, I have nothing to say either than, I think the bolts and eye balls are perfect for the class, because the eye balls are creepy, and the bolts are like spells.

In the Privateer section, I have to disagree with your statement about Iron Will and Fighting Fervor. When ever I use it, I always see a great improvement in all of my companions.

In the Buccaneer section, I like your ideas! Buccaneers are thought by many people to be the weakest class, and these additions would prove them wrong.

In the Swashbuckler section, all of these are very good ideas! You obviously know a lot about Pirate101.

In the Musketeer section, I don't have much to day other than I like your ideas.

Hope this helps! Lvl 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yikemz on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
I have a couple suggestions and ideas I would like to put out there to see some opinions and maybe considering to change or add some things in the upcoming updates, I am not trying to offend any class for I have high levels of each. First, I would really like to see the basic skills and powers that each class should have, such as your average blade - plus 40% damage to next attack (lower for some classes, higher for others) as well as shields, although buccaneers and privateers do have those. Second, the Classes should be true to their description.

Witchdoctors - "While weak in direct combat, witchdoctors never fight fair - hexes that weaken foes...." I think focus fire should be a witchdoctor spell for it debuffs the enemies defense. Same for an attack debuff. And an idea for higher level spell is that it spreads to all enemies (Like in Wizard101). Stuns could also be an addition to this class. I personally do not like the whole series eyeball animations and bolt, its a little off the theme of a witchdoctor to electrify a group of enemies, and then summon an eyeball from the ground. One or the other.

Privateers - I think they are very true to their purpose. Some say they are overpowered because they can stack buffs, mainly critical buffs and accuracy dodge buffs. I do agree to some point that you shouldn't be able to give your swashbuckler companions more dodge than an actual swashbuckler, same with accuracy and musketeers, but that is their intended role as a class. Fighting Fervor and Tower of Iron Will, I cant notice too much of a difference even with all of my will buffs, Could they rather be a pure damage and defense buff? I would also like to see their buffs explode off everyones head at once like in the beta.

Buccaneers - An idea I have for buccaneers is maybe to later give them a weaker version of Leviathans Call to all allies, or all buccaneers on the battlefield. They are the tanks, so maybe give them something like a taunt or gallant defense type spell, which suggestively should be a buccaneer spell anyways.

Swashbucklers - I love this class, they are quick, dodgy, have poisons, stealth, and have critical buffs, as well as a challenge against musketeers where the epic talents and dodge are completely and nearly useless. A spell I would like to see is a self dodgy buff. They should have an armor penetration buff as well. Maybe an attack and a hide spell combined, like a hit and run sort of thing.

Musketeers - The Trap experts, I love the whole knockback idea, great addition to this class, I would like to see a 4x4 trap power in the next update, or one of those machines that Bishop sets on the ground and shoots an area. Motion sensor traps like the mines that the Junior Engineer companion has.

Thank you all for reading all of my ideas please share your thoughts and share your ideas.
Welcome to the message board family Yikemz. You are a real thinker and pay a lot of attention to detail. You will be a real asset to the message boards. I am very much looking forward to your future input.