Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Froggo Villa's problem in battle

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 18, 2013
Well, I'm in Cool Ranch, and I go through a lot of battles, especially now since I'm farming Santa Rana for some good gear and the Armadillo Verde, and I noticed something about Froggo Villa when I'm in battle, almost all of the enemies go for him. When I first saw this, I thought that it was nothing, but it keeps on happening. I looked at his stats for some kind of talent or epic that does this, but I don't see any. Could this be a glitch, or is it some sort of coincidence?

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Hello! Welcome to the message boards! I believe I have experienced your problem before, and I find that typically enemies will target the pirate with the lowest health, armor, and resistance, and the highest damage. Is this possibly what is causing your problems?

P.S. If the enemies often kill him, you can try gallant defense.

sly Wesley gaff, 65

*Normal is for people too weak to make their own path in life*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I seem to remember Ratbeard stating that the AI on the bad guys knows who is the greatest threat to them and they will focus their attacks on that threat to increase their chances at survivability. So if they are going for your Froggo then they are, in a way, complementing him on his toughness. . Our job is to as always: "Protect your squishies." Do what you can to protect your Froggo and let him do his awesome stuff.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Make him your first mate then then they'll go close to him and you can use poison dun dun dun

Ensign
Dec 29, 2013
Same problem with nurse quinn

Sneaky jack jackson

Ensign
Feb 01, 2011
They always go for my Sarah Steele, which I find annoying. She does the most damage, but has relatively low health (seeing as she's a Swashbuckler). I think that the enemies always go for the best companion; depending on their health or damage. This lead me to believe that as you progress in the game the, enemies get smarter.

Stormy Lydia Parker

Ensign
Nov 13, 2012
I was getting my Lucky Jack Russel promotion and when ever my centaur companion [ got in empire bundle] the monkeys would all ways go for her. So I have been there with that glitch/problem. This I found very irritating.

Joseph level 21

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
4jgardner on May 3, 2014 wrote:
I was getting my Lucky Jack Russel promotion and when ever my centaur companion [ got in empire bundle] the monkeys would all ways go for her. So I have been there with that glitch/problem. This I found very irritating.

Joseph level 21
I suspect that is the AI of the game. They see her as the biggest threat to their survival and therefor target her in an attempt to eliminate the thing that is likely to take them out.

Oops I seem to have repeated myself in this thread. Sorry, I didn't go all they way up and re-read it all. I just responded to the newest post. My apologies for the redundancy.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 19, 2013 wrote:
I seem to remember Ratbeard stating that the AI on the bad guys knows who is the greatest threat to them and they will focus their attacks on that threat to increase their chances at survivability. So if they are going for your Froggo then they are, in a way, complementing him on his toughness. . Our job is to as always: "Protect your squishies." Do what you can to protect your Froggo and let him do his awesome stuff.
Ah someone remembers that! It was an older post and I still wondered if anyone did. Probably one of my favorite quotes on here

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
It's kind of creepy experiencing this type of situation, it's like the opponents trying to take out the best companion of our pirate. As if they are, getting smarter as the game progress. I also experienced this when I was doing some quests. This is just one of the weirdest experince,that i have yet to encountered.

Here is a tip be sure to protect your best companion, by having the other companion(s) and your pirate on the front line or fight along with him/her with your pirate and/or the other companions. Good Luck on your quests.

" Didn't see that coming." Jessica Orton