Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

One question

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Where do you get black rain shades? I've seen people wearing them and I want them. They look cool.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CheeryCherry1234 on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Where do you get black rain shades? I've seen people wearing them and I want them. They look cool.
Hey CheeryCherry

I have seen a lot of people with them too. I am pretty sure that they got the shades from gear dropped by Sato in Mooshu. To be more specific I think this is the correct order of locations to get to Sato.

Mooshu
Khotan Skyway
Sujimara Village
Scarlet Orchid Tea Room (pagoda in the village- once inside there will be sequence of battles leading to:)
Satsuma Barracks
Azure Barracks
Jade Barracks

and finally to Sato's Audience Chamber Defeat him and hopefully you get the nice new shades with the Shadow Step power

(There may be other bosses that drop but I have not heard or seen any myself)

Also, Bishop drops some shades called Techno Mages Glasses with the power Dispel Magic

Hope this helps
Good luck and good gaming to you

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
From Soto's Dungeon. The tea house in Mooshu that was full of yakuza's that you went through to get to Marleybone.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
They are only dropped by Sato, more info is here.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Hey CheeryCherry

I have seen a lot of people with them too. I am pretty sure that they got the shades from gear dropped by Sato in Mooshu. To be more specific I think this is the correct order of locations to get to Sato.

Mooshu
Khotan Skyway
Sujimara Village
Scarlet Orchid Tea Room (pagoda in the village- once inside there will be sequence of battles leading to:)
Satsuma Barracks
Azure Barracks
Jade Barracks

and finally to Sato's Audience Chamber Defeat him and hopefully you get the nice new shades with the Shadow Step power

Also, Bishop drops some shades called Techno Mages Glasses with the power Dispel Magic

Hope this helps
Oh ok. Thanks! (He was hard to beat, though )

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CheeryCherry1234 on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
Oh ok. Thanks! (He was hard to beat, though )
If you would like to farm him for the shades just let me know. My pirate is a level 65 and I wouldn't mind owning a pair of the uber cool eyewear myself (plus he is on my list to farm- would like to get the shadow step power and so far his shades are only gear for that have that power).

So if you want to farm him just let me know a date, time and realm and I would be happy to meet you there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Hey CheeryCherry

Mooshu
Khotan Skyway
Sujimara Village
Satsuma Barracks
Azure Barracks
Jade Barracks

Hope this helps
Wow, nice answer with great details. You really did your homework. Either that or you are one of those blessed individuals that can remember all those names from what you have played. I confess that when it comes to names I have a brain like a steel sieve.
That is why I have to keep friends like you around to be that person that whispers in the leader's ear so that they have a clue as to what is going on and whose hand they are shaking.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
Wow, nice answer with great details. You really did your homework. Either that or you are one of those blessed individuals that can remember all those names from what you have played. I confess that when it comes to names I have a brain like a steel sieve.
That is why I have to keep friends like you around to be that person that whispers in the leader's ear so that they have a clue as to what is going on and whose hand they are shaking.
Well thank you kindly.

I must confess that although I did indeed do my homework, I looked at someone else's answers. I may be blessed in some areas but remembering names (or much of anything for that matter) isn't one of them. I admit that the info came from wiki, although I had to search a few places to get all the locations and the correct order. When you look up Sato I think it only says he is in Mooshu-Sujimara Village-Scarlet Orchid tea room. I just chose to fill in the blanks to make it a wee bit easier. I just like to help any way that I can. I don't like to just give out the answer usually but in the case of farming or finding the rare gear, I think we all could use a little help from our maties.

I sympathize with you with the steel sieve, brain issue and wish you the best of luck with future visits to any airports- to be more specific, the metal detectors.

In the meantime, I will continue to try me best to make this band of vagabonds' leader look like a true champion of the people. (As long as what I whisper is truthful in it's nature)

As we have seen through our devotion of this game- a pirate captain is only as good as the crew he/she keeps.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
Well thank you kindly.

I must confess that although I did indeed do my homework, I looked at someone else's answers. I may be blessed in some areas but remembering names (or much of anything for that matter) isn't one of them. I admit that the info came from wiki, although I had to search a few places to get all the locations and the correct order. When you look up Sato I think it only says he is in Mooshu-Sujimara Village-Scarlet Orchid tea room. I just chose to fill in the blanks to make it a wee bit easier. I just like to help any way that I can. I don't like to just give out the answer usually but in the case of farming or finding the rare gear, I think we all could use a little help from our maties.

I sympathize with you with the steel sieve, brain issue and wish you the best of luck with future visits to any airports- to be more specific, the metal detectors.

In the meantime, I will continue to try me best to make this band of vagabonds' leader look like a true champion of the people. (As long as what I whisper is truthful in it's nature)

As we have seen through our devotion of this game- a pirate captain is only as good as the crew he/she keeps.
Thank you once again for your kind comments but please I did not mean to imply that I am the leader here. Oh heavens no. There are way too many more competent folk on these boards that can do that job way better than I could. Besides we are all fantastic captains of wonderful crews and we just get together as a gathering of captains and we most certainly use a round dock to park our ships. No King or Queen here, lol.
I only meant to illustrate the function of that invaluable person that is beside every leader and keeps them on track and keeps them from looking foolish. I seriously suspect that that 'Whisperer' is probably the true leader in most matters anyway. As we are each captain leaders, we all have our first mate to be that person that whispers in our ear to keep us from crashing into the nearest skyway hazard. Plus my friends serve that same function and whisper to me and teach me a lot about the game (where else do you think I got the knowledge I love to share? ). I like to count you as one of them along with all my friends and family here. We all make each other look good in the game. After all, it is what we are here for.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
Thank you once again for your kind comments but please I did not mean to imply that I am the leader here. Oh heavens no. There are way too many more competent folk on these boards that can do that job way better than I could. Besides we are all fantastic captains of wonderful crews and we just get together as a gathering of captains and we most certainly use a round dock to park our ships. No King or Queen here, lol.
I only meant to illustrate the function of that invaluable person that is beside every leader and keeps them on track and keeps them from looking foolish. I seriously suspect that that 'Whisperer' is probably the true leader in most matters anyway. As we are each captain leaders, we all have our first mate to be that person that whispers in our ear to keep us from crashing into the nearest skyway hazard. Plus my friends serve that same function and whisper to me and teach me a lot about the game (where else do you think I got the knowledge I love to share? ). I like to count you as one of them along with all my friends and family here. We all make each other look good in the game. After all, it is what we are here for.
You are welcome and sorry if I put you on the spot. I really was not trying to imply that you were the sole leader of this band of pirates. I know it came across that way but I meant it more as a reference to any leader or group of leaders here on the boards.

In the short time I have been on here, I have seen many posters who are willing to help, take charge, guide others, welcome new members and so on. It is clear that there are a handful who are more the mainstay core so to speak (including yourself). This core group as a whole does a wonderful job of making everyone feel welcomed and they also have some of the best and most useful insight. Not to mention they just seem to have a lot of fun playing and discussing a game that we all love.

In agreeing with what you said, it seems everyone here takes turns being the captain and the first mate. Either way I want to be part of it and I do consider the people on the boards to be my friends and part of one big pirate family. And yes this does include you, as you have been a most gracious and kind hostess with nothing but friendly and helpful words right from the very start.

I too look forward to spending more time on the boards and in the spiral getting to know my new family of pirate friends much better.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
You are welcome and sorry if I put you on the spot. I really was not trying to imply that you were the sole leader of this band of pirates. I know it came across that way but I meant it more as a reference to any leader or group of leaders here on the boards.

In the short time I have been on here, I have seen many posters who are willing to help, take charge, guide others, welcome new members and so on. It is clear that there are a handful who are more the mainstay core so to speak (including yourself). This core group as a whole does a wonderful job of making everyone feel welcomed and they also have some of the best and most useful insight. Not to mention they just seem to have a lot of fun playing and discussing a game that we all love.

In agreeing with what you said, it seems everyone here takes turns being the captain and the first mate. Either way I want to be part of it and I do consider the people on the boards to be my friends and part of one big pirate family. And yes this does include you, as you have been a most gracious and kind hostess with nothing but friendly and helpful words right from the very start.

I too look forward to spending more time on the boards and in the spiral getting to know my new family of pirate friends much better.
Well said. * Group hug with whole family *