Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Role Play

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
Jade's back stiffened, immediately deciding that she didn't like Anthanasia. She was definitely frightened, but shoved her emotions away and locked them in a safe that even she didn't know the combination of. This girl isn't all there, is she? Jade thought harshly, deciding that if someone was going to answer, it wasn't going to be her.
(Raven is the master of facades! Muahahaha!)

Raven grinned again, noting the dislike visible in Jade's eyes. Facades always work... She turned to face her staff again, the lantern providing another color of light. This time it was a faded scarlet color of sorts. Raven stared at it in confusion, turned to face Jade briefly, and back to the lantern.

"So then, that explains it..." She hissed to no one in particular. It was unnerving, to say the least.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
Miriam looked to one witchdoctor, then the next, fascinated by the lights each of them was giving off. "Cor!" she breathed excitedly. "This be a bang up show, better than go'in a' night to Vauxhall Gardens!"

Then she remembered her manners, and tugged a forelock of her hair respectfully, and somewhat shamefully, at Omar. "Gov'nor, I hopes that it weren't me Da who robbed you that night, but it coulda bin. 'E 'ad been polishing the queen's iron w' 'is eyebrows for a coupla years, but 'e got out three years past, and workin on 'is ambition to be a Lord o' the Underworld." And I hopes I weren't there 'elping 'im at the time, Miriam added glumly in her head. Would this magical-eyed gent understand that she didn't have a choice back then? Probably not.
"Ah, thank thee." said Omar calmly, causing his juggling balls to vanish into a very weak looking left hand.
So, he thought this young cat lived in the dank gutters of Marley's streets. He took this moment to retreat into his mind, lowering his brim and the shadows engulfed him into subtle obscurity.
And Jade, she is quite the challenge. I know she is impaired in some way, but her gift of seeing auras masks her damaged sense perfectly. It might be a good challenge to fish it out.
As for Anthanasia, I can tell nothing of this witchdoctor. Her magic is potent, being able to hide her face. Odd.
It has been a while that Omar has been in such secretive and colorful group. Not only is he on an adventure, but there are fascinating allies to study and maybe even befriend. Not since his life as a traveling Obeah had he had so much anticipation for a quest.

"This might just be fun after all." Omar chuckled to himself, his eyes slightly crackling with purple magick.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
(Raven is the master of facades! Muahahaha!)

Raven grinned again, noting the dislike visible in Jade's eyes. Facades always work... She turned to face her staff again, the lantern providing another color of light. This time it was a faded scarlet color of sorts. Raven stared at it in confusion, turned to face Jade briefly, and back to the lantern.

"So then, that explains it..." She hissed to no one in particular. It was unnerving, to say the least.
Jade immediately grew paranoid, her already snow white skin becoming even paler. 'That explains it.'... She knows something! That lantern... Jade's breath came in sharply. That lantern staff is dangerous. I have to get it away from her somehow, otherwise she could tell anybody my secret. Anthanasia is nothing short of a mole. Hmm... She regained her composure. A formidable opponent, when the time comes...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Just Add Bacon on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Jade was more than a little annoyed, but said nothing about it and snatched the bag from Scarlet, stuffing it deep into her pouch and glaring daggers at anyone who came near. She began speaking rapid-fire Polarian in her anger at Jenny. "Je suis avertissement que vous avez, c'est mauvais pour votre santé si vous traversez moi! Ne comprenez-vous pas que vous ne pouvez pas vous contenter de voler des étrangers? Vous et votre soeur semblent être en bon état, il n'y a pas besoin de vous pour voler de moi! Je vais être vous regardent à partir de maintenant, vous êtes chanceux si vous n'avez pas une flèche à travers votre coeur!"
Jade huffed in her fury, but composed herself and stood straight as a board, tucking some white hair behind her ear. "A future lesson for anyone," She began, speaking so that everyone could understand her, "No one. Crosses. Me."
(OOC: I almost forgot about this roleplay)

Jenny simply smirked as Jade yelled at her. Honestly she had been threatened and yelled at too many times to really be concerned. Besides, Jenny considered life to be nothing more than one huge practical joke. With a shake of her head, she walked off looking for more mischief to get into. Although, as she walked away she decided that it might be fun to get to know that cat.

Scarlet, just stayed back from the group and watched for a bit. The cat, Miriam seemed to be pretty honest considering her background as a thief, but then again it sounded like Miriam's background wasn't too different than Scarlet and Jenny's own background.

Anthanasia, which could not possibly be her real name, seemed to be a typical slightly power crazy witchdoctor. Always wanting to hide their real selves behind a mysterious facade. Scarlet knew Anthanasia was not an airhead, she was hiding something. And her staff seems to be really important to her, quite a source of information if Scarlet could work out what the different colours meant.

Omar, Scarlet had actually heard of Omar before. She had never met him, just heard some interesting rumours, like how even old grey hairs seemed to know Omar when they were young.

Finally Jade, besides being a grouch, Scarlet could already tell that Jade was blind. She knew nobody had probably noticed, but Scarlet had seen that when someone started talking to Jade, she turned her ear towards the speaker slightly before she looked at them. Jade could see auras, but she actually found people by listening for them.

(OOC: I hope you don't mind that Scarlet knows Jade is blind Elizabeth, I'm just trying to show Scarlet's observational skills and creative thinking abilities.)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CdeWinter on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
(OOC: I almost forgot about this roleplay)

Jenny simply smirked as Jade yelled at her. Honestly she had been threatened and yelled at too many times to really be concerned. Besides, Jenny considered life to be nothing more than one huge practical joke. With a shake of her head, she walked off looking for more mischief to get into. Although, as she walked away she decided that it might be fun to get to know that cat.

Scarlet, just stayed back from the group and watched for a bit. The cat, Miriam seemed to be pretty honest considering her background as a thief, but then again it sounded like Miriam's background wasn't too different than Scarlet and Jenny's own background.

Anthanasia, which could not possibly be her real name, seemed to be a typical slightly power crazy witchdoctor. Always wanting to hide their real selves behind a mysterious facade. Scarlet knew Anthanasia was not an airhead, she was hiding something. And her staff seems to be really important to her, quite a source of information if Scarlet could work out what the different colours meant.

Omar, Scarlet had actually heard of Omar before. She had never met him, just heard some interesting rumours, like how even old grey hairs seemed to know Omar when they were young.

Finally Jade, besides being a grouch, Scarlet could already tell that Jade was blind. She knew nobody had probably noticed, but Scarlet had seen that when someone started talking to Jade, she turned her ear towards the speaker slightly before she looked at them. Jade could see auras, but she actually found people by listening for them.

(OOC: I hope you don't mind that Scarlet knows Jade is blind Elizabeth, I'm just trying to show Scarlet's observational skills and creative thinking abilities.)
OOC: No problem, how long can someone truly hide the fact that they're blind, with or without magic? It seemed inevitable that someone would easily figure it out.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
Jade immediately grew paranoid, her already snow white skin becoming even paler. 'That explains it.'... She knows something! That lantern... Jade's breath came in sharply. That lantern staff is dangerous. I have to get it away from her somehow, otherwise she could tell anybody my secret. Anthanasia is nothing short of a mole. Hmm... She regained her composure. A formidable opponent, when the time comes...
Raven watched a second flurry of prismatic colors change at the heart of the fire, nodding or shaking her head as each showed. In moments it returned to the normal colors of flames- as if nothing strange had happened just then. She glanced over to Jade briefly, before sighing and lowering her staff. She smiled slightly as Jade notably became a lighter shade of white, as if fearful. The girl nodded and pretended to care about her hair that was hanging in the front of her, and she briefly braided both sections into individual braids to keep them out of her face.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
OOC: No problem, how long can someone truly hide the fact that they're blind, with or without magic? It seemed inevitable that someone would easily figure it out.
Except perhaps for Miriam. She's clueless. Because Jade can get around so well, Meri has always assumed that Jade is sighted.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
RachelTheWitchdoct... on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
OOC: (I don't know if my last post showed up because my iPad glitches while trying to post this so sorry if this shows up twice.) Rachel has an attitude sometimes so please, excuse her behavior.

"Hold it!" Rachel said barging in to Avery's office. Avery turned to Rachel and took a deep breath. "Yes, Rachel?" Rachel glared at him. "I thought I was getting a crew but apparently, it's you." She said to Gillian. She faced everyone else. "So am I in, or not?" She grinned.
Guess not..... :I Im not embarrassed at all now... Heh heh.... Sorry about that ^ ...........

Rachel - Level 48

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Oh, my goodness! I completely missed your post! I'm interested to see what would happen if you join this roleplay, and I hope you do! Just keep in mind that these roleplays are ordinarily entire stories, so it would be a commitment to join one and odd for someone to drop out. I'm excited to here what you say!

As for clueless Miriam, maybe she notices that every time Jade walks on her own, Fang is beside her and her hand is on his flank? Also, Jade is not completely blind. Anything within an arm's length of her is incredibly fuzzy and she sees anything within reach by color, but beyond her arm's length, everything is black. Auras are like a single lamp-post on a long, dark country trail in the middle of the night to her, and they shine very brightly and clearly.

Ordinarily auras are the colors of someone's eyes our dedicated color, for example, Lizzy's aura is emerald green. Green is her favorite color, her trim color, and the color of her eyes. I imagine Omar's aura to be yellow ordinarily, and when his eyes glow purple, so does his aura. For Jade, the auras are sharpened, and although some people have the same color aura, the cracks and scars in whatever designated color bubble often describes one's age and past, so for Miriam, Jade would see a very cracked but healing olive green aura. As for Omar, his enchantments keep her from properly seeing his aura, therefore he is likely to easily surprise her if she didn't know he was there. That's how she knows he's keeping something from them, and also the reason why she's always surprised and pointing her arrow at him.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
The young Polarian woman was growing extremely uncomfortable under the inquiring eye of everyone at the meeting, which unconsciously made her press herself against Fang's white flank. She pet him unsteadily, and decided that the only other creature there that she could trust was Miriam.

Maybe she should confide herself in the cat? After all, this secret was getting harder and harder to keep and getting her into trouble. Maybe she'll feel better after she tells Miriam why Fang is almost always by her side.

No, better to keep this from everyone. Miriam has jaws, and if she can talk, she can tell Jade's secret. The one that she decided to keep to herself.

Now that she had her own personal troubles over, it was time to assess the group and find potential weak links.

The girl with the scarlet aura seemed to be very fond of her younger sister, if that sister were to suddenly disappear, Jade suspected Scarlet would be vulnerable.

And Scarlet's sister, Jenny? She didn't seem to take life very seriously and gallivanted around, pick-pocketing the wealthy and the poor alike, as it seemed. A nuisance, but not a threat.

As for the witchdoctor with the constantly changing aura, he was a challenge. Many magical walls and enchantments prevented her from seeing who he really was, so she would have to invest more time with him to see what his weak points were.

And then there was Anthanasia. Jade couldn't tell very much about her, but what she could, she didn't like. Jade would find a way to bring her down, no matter what it took. This mysterious witchdoctor was definitely dangerous, and a threat to Jade's secret. She had to go.

Gentle little Miriam was no challenge, and Jade truly felt like the cat was the younger sister that she never had. Both of her older brothers never gave Jade a second glance, casting her aside and leaving her as the runt of the family. Miriam changed this.

Captain Katherine Randall was the last one to be assessed. Jade didn't believe for her to be a threat, but she would keep her eye on the Captain just in case. Katherine had some secrets of her own, that much Jade knew. She assigned it her job to find the key to Captain Katherine's past and unlock the code that keeps this musketeer moving forward.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
"By the way," Omar spoke up, returning from his shadows."Where is our dear captain?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
The Undead Obeah on Sep 15, 2013 wrote:
"By the way," Omar spoke up, returning from his shadows."Where is our dear captain?"
OOC: An excellent question, and by looking into it a little more, I noticed that Sly's last post was on the same day as her last post in this Role Play thread. It appears that she has mysteriously disappeared. She might have forgotten to tell us that she was going on vacation, or she might of gotten into a car accident, or she might have quite simply lost interest in this role play and forgot to tell us. Either way, Sly's gone, and because of this, so is her character. What do you guys think we should do?

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
OOC: After looking into Sly Gillian Randall some more, I noticed that some of her posts mentioned that when her school had started, things were getting hectic for her and she would be slow to respond to things. Maybe she just quite simply doesn't have the time for this roleplay anymore?

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
I REALLY Apologize for how long I haven't posted in the forums. Things have been a bit hectic, so I apologize for any troubles. I have to admit, though, you guys kept it going without me. Now, onto the meeting!
I was fixing the final details in my command/war planning room, when I suddenly realized the apparent racket outside of the Great Wheel. 'Oh shoot! I forgot about my crew! Truely, I must be a bad Captain.' I shouted mentally at myself. I did tell Avery I wasn't the leading-type in the first place. Oh well...
Anyways, I exited the battle room and walked into the main "lobby" to find that everyone, including a few extras had arrived. "Good Evening. I can see you all have made it today to the meeting. I apologize for my tardiness, but it won't happen again. Now, are any of you familiar with Mooshu?" I inquired as I opened the secret door to the battle room with Mooshu maps everywhere.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Sly Gillian Randal... on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
I REALLY Apologize for how long I haven't posted in the forums. Things have been a bit hectic, so I apologize for any troubles. I have to admit, though, you guys kept it going without me. Now, onto the meeting!
I was fixing the final details in my command/war planning room, when I suddenly realized the apparent racket outside of the Great Wheel. 'Oh shoot! I forgot about my crew! Truely, I must be a bad Captain.' I shouted mentally at myself. I did tell Avery I wasn't the leading-type in the first place. Oh well...
Anyways, I exited the battle room and walked into the main "lobby" to find that everyone, including a few extras had arrived. "Good Evening. I can see you all have made it today to the meeting. I apologize for my tardiness, but it won't happen again. Now, are any of you familiar with Mooshu?" I inquired as I opened the secret door to the battle room with Mooshu maps everywhere.
OOC: Huzzah! Welcome back! I'm so glad nothing bad happened to you, and it's truly okay that you haven't been able to be on the boards lately. Once again, welcome back!
~
Jade, despite being swarmed with her negative thoughts, was in awe once she heard the gears click in front of that giant wheel. She put her hand on Fang's flank and he guided her in the room. As soon as she was in there she felt at home, for she could feel many heated discussions spoken about war and battle in this room. Jade turned to her Captain, all bad thoughts of the crew forgotten. "I've never been to Mooshu, but it would be an honor to accompany you there. What exactly do we need to do there?"

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
"Quite." said Omar suddenly appearing in the War Room and studying a map." I've been there many times in the past and have a general knowledge of the world's geography and lore. However, Hammimitsu is as far as I could go personally due to their need for seclusion and neutrality."

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
As I listened to each question asked by my crew, I shuffled the papers in my hands. "To answer Jade's question about what we are doing in Mooshu, I will explain a confidential theory created by myself, Avery, and a few other Marleybonians scattered around Skull Island." Before I continued, I got up and made sure the entrance doors were locked and guarded, along with the Great Wheel closed, guarded, and surounded by hidden traps. "Sorry about that. As I was saying, Avery and I have a theory as to why the Armada are trying to overwhelm Hammamitsu Skyway and the Skull Island Stormgate. We believe that the Armada is planning to block both stormgates from any ships other than their own, as well as cut off all access to the other Skyways. These actions will ultimately lead to the mass invasion of Marleybone for a final blow. If you've ever been to Marleybone, you have seen, and may have experienced the war going on in Westminister Skyway. Though Marleybone may be winning because of the destruction of Beachhead, the main base, it doesn't mean the clockworks are out of the fight yet. With this invasion, the Armada could have control of both Marleybone and Mooshu, which can have dire concequences."
"Our mission is to stop the Armada from bringing in re-inforcements to Mooshu. This can be done by barricading the stormgate to Valencia. I don't know how, but it must be done. Now," I said, handing out the shuffled papers I had been holding "I would like you to look through this paper and sign it if you agree. It is a form stating that you are willing to risk your life for the sake of Marleybone, Mooshu, Skull Island, and any other world we protect. Understood?"

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Sly Gillian Randal... on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
As I listened to each question asked by my crew, I shuffled the papers in my hands. "To answer Jade's question about what we are doing in Mooshu, I will explain a confidential theory created by myself, Avery, and a few other Marleybonians scattered around Skull Island." Before I continued, I got up and made sure the entrance doors were locked and guarded, along with the Great Wheel closed, guarded, and surounded by hidden traps. "Sorry about that. As I was saying, Avery and I have a theory as to why the Armada are trying to overwhelm Hammamitsu Skyway and the Skull Island Stormgate. We believe that the Armada is planning to block both stormgates from any ships other than their own, as well as cut off all access to the other Skyways. These actions will ultimately lead to the mass invasion of Marleybone for a final blow. If you've ever been to Marleybone, you have seen, and may have experienced the war going on in Westminister Skyway. Though Marleybone may be winning because of the destruction of Beachhead, the main base, it doesn't mean the clockworks are out of the fight yet. With this invasion, the Armada could have control of both Marleybone and Mooshu, which can have dire concequences."
"Our mission is to stop the Armada from bringing in re-inforcements to Mooshu. This can be done by barricading the stormgate to Valencia. I don't know how, but it must be done. Now," I said, handing out the shuffled papers I had been holding "I would like you to look through this paper and sign it if you agree. It is a form stating that you are willing to risk your life for the sake of Marleybone, Mooshu, Skull Island, and any other world we protect. Understood?"
Jade's back stiffened. She couldn't read the form without holding it up to her nose, which will surely give away that she can't see very well. And she had to sign it, as well? Oh dear... it had been years since she last wrote something, which was to her parents in Krokotopia. They were long gone, and so was her ability to write.

Two problems, neither of which could be solved with Fang's guidance.

There's only one thing left to do.

Distract them.

"Ah, so this offer comes with strings, yes? I should have known. Captain, you do not trust us." Jade shook her head like she was disappointed, then she put her right hand on her heart and her left palm in the air, facing the group. "I promise to protect The Spiral with life and limb from poverty and war." She was reminded of her family in Polaris. Her eldest brother, the first born, had fought in the war as well, only he hadn't been as lucky as Jade was. Her other brother, younger than the first born but older than Jade, had died from a plague. Her family didn't have enough money for cures, and he had suffered for it. Jade clenched her fist. The Spiral could be so cruel sometimes. She assigned it to be her job to protect others from the misfortune that she and her family had had. Jade handed back the papers. "I promise." She spoke, her voice breaking as she gave Captain Katherine an encouraging nod.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
"I see," Raven commented. "I believe the rest of us do as well, metaphorically..." The blonde haired Witchdoctor tightened the grip on her staff, and she seemed to be nonchalant and calm. "A form, you say? Signing?" Raven raised an eyebrow, her insouciance fading fast and becoming panic.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Miriam stared at the paper soberly. So far it had all just been a grand lark: finding out about Jade and her mission, asking permission to go with her, starting on a splendid adventure... but somehow, this formal paper made the potential dangers of an adventure that more real. Meri had not yet confronted the notion that the adventure could be deadly. She could die.

She hardly knew what to think. The war had broken out well after she had made her escape to Skull Island, and both Marleybone and the war seemed very far away. She loved her job on Skull Island, selling fish. And she had plans to make it better, once she had enough saved up, to have a smokehouse built and increase her venture. She had a Life, and it was a good one. An honest one.

An' not got one a' all if t'weren't for Lady Jade, Miriam reminded herself. No, she'd still be trapped, forced to do whatever Da told her to. No way out, and if the authorities found out, well, then she would be making her end on the Deadly Nevergreen.

She looked sidelong at Jade and Fang. Aye, she'd be willing to risk her life for Jade. And if that meant helping Marleybone, Mooshu, and Skull Island, well, that would be good too. She was good with blades - Da had seen to that. And while she had no intention of being a thief again, she had a lot of skills - courtesy of Da again - that could get people and things in and out of places. They might well need me, Meri thought happily, and her spirits rose again.

Taking the quill and ink, she painstakingly spelled her name: MERI.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Jenny took the form and quickly looked at it. At once she smirked and pointed to the form where there was an x next to the signature line. "Je suis desole, I cannot sign zis, someone already 'as."

Scarlet tore the form out of Jenny's hand and looked at it.
"Jenny!, juste signer le papier, vous pouvez lire et ecrire aussi bien quie je le peux." [ Just sign the paper, you can read and write just as well as I can.] Scarlet replied as she handed the from back to Jenny.

Jenny smiled at the group and quickly scrawled a signature on the paper, it was afterall just some ink on paper. Actually, if anybody even bothered to look closely at it, they would see that it wasn't even her own name she had written.

Scarlet meanwhile read through the entire form. When she was finished she paused and looked at Captain Gillian.

"You know, I am a Captain in the Marleybonean Royal Navy, and an agent of Special Branch? I 'ave already vowed to protect Marleybone and its colonies and trade routes. I can show you my commision papers if you want to see zem."

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
Jade's back stiffened. She couldn't read the form without holding it up to her nose, which will surely give away that she can't see very well. And she had to sign it, as well? Oh dear... it had been years since she last wrote something, which was to her parents in Krokotopia. They were long gone, and so was her ability to write.

Two problems, neither of which could be solved with Fang's guidance.

There's only one thing left to do.

Distract them.

"Ah, so this offer comes with strings, yes? I should have known. Captain, you do not trust us." Jade shook her head like she was disappointed, then she put her right hand on her heart and her left palm in the air, facing the group. "I promise to protect The Spiral with life and limb from poverty and war." She was reminded of her family in Polaris. Her eldest brother, the first born, had fought in the war as well, only he hadn't been as lucky as Jade was. Her other brother, younger than the first born but older than Jade, had died from a plague. Her family didn't have enough money for cures, and he had suffered for it. Jade clenched her fist. The Spiral could be so cruel sometimes. She assigned it to be her job to protect others from the misfortune that she and her family had had. Jade handed back the papers. "I promise." She spoke, her voice breaking as she gave Captain Katherine an encouraging nod.
Raven's sly smile widened at Jade's obvious attempt to conceal her blindness. "Like I said... We all see, metaphorically." The witch- uh, Witchdoctor realized her words probably stung. "But I'm afraid I cannot sign this paper...." She trailed off as the others in the room signed it. Raven sighed. "Fine." She snatched a quill, dipped the tip of it in ink, and felt resentment as it hovered over the paper.

But... But what if they were aware? What if they managed to find out? She couldn't let that happen! No, she'd end up back where she started... She'd die. Literally.

(I did mention Raven isn't a normal Witchdoctor...)

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
Raven's sly smile widened at Jade's obvious attempt to conceal her blindness. "Like I said... We all see, metaphorically." The witch- uh, Witchdoctor realized her words probably stung. "But I'm afraid I cannot sign this paper...." She trailed off as the others in the room signed it. Raven sighed. "Fine." She snatched a quill, dipped the tip of it in ink, and felt resentment as it hovered over the paper.

But... But what if they were aware? What if they managed to find out? She couldn't let that happen! No, she'd end up back where she started... She'd die. Literally.

(I did mention Raven isn't a normal Witchdoctor...)
Jade stared in Anthanasia's direction. Had she actually just told everyone that Jade was blind? Okay, that does it! Jade snatched her staff from Anthanasia's grip and threw it to Fang, then aimed one of her arrows at the witchdoctor, just feet away from her skull. Fang had caught the staff and snarled as he bit down on it, and small cracks began to appear on the wood. His muscles rippled under his snout, showing that he was unafraid to bite the staff in half as soon as Jade gave the command.

"One move and that staff of yours goes down the drain." Jade snarled, every bit as terrifying as Fang. Then, in the corner of her mind, Jade spied Miriam's aura, the cat whom she considered her little sister. She couldn't just kill Anthanasia right in front of the young cat. Jade lowered her bow, still holding the arrow in between her right middle and ring fingers, clutching the bow with the same hand. She got out of her archer's position, and glanced downward. "Secret's out." She sighed. "I'm blind." Jade marched in Anthanasia's direction and pinned one of her shoulders against the wall. "That doesn't mean your off the hook, little black bird. I'll be watching you, but, as of right now, you need to give me one good reason not to tell Fang to crush your staff into smithereens." She backed away from Raven, then stood beside the small cat and the large wolf, her hand on his flank. Jade glared at Anthanasia, waiting for a response.

OOC: Sorry it took me so long to reply! Yeah... I have the worst memory in the world. Every time I remember that I need to make a reply to this thread, I am unable to, and almost instantly forget. Then later when I can I'm far too busy thinking about the masked ball roleplay or the roleplay that has now taken place in Grizzleheim... yeah. Lol oh well, I finally remembered to reply! Yay!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
Jade stared in Anthanasia's direction. Had she actually just told everyone that Jade was blind? Okay, that does it! Jade snatched her staff from Anthanasia's grip and threw it to Fang, then aimed one of her arrows at the witchdoctor, just feet away from her skull. Fang had caught the staff and snarled as he bit down on it, and small cracks began to appear on the wood. His muscles rippled under his snout, showing that he was unafraid to bite the staff in half as soon as Jade gave the command.

"One move and that staff of yours goes down the drain." Jade snarled, every bit as terrifying as Fang. Then, in the corner of her mind, Jade spied Miriam's aura, the cat whom she considered her little sister. She couldn't just kill Anthanasia right in front of the young cat. Jade lowered her bow, still holding the arrow in between her right middle and ring fingers, clutching the bow with the same hand. She got out of her archer's position, and glanced downward. "Secret's out." She sighed. "I'm blind." Jade marched in Anthanasia's direction and pinned one of her shoulders against the wall. "That doesn't mean your off the hook, little black bird. I'll be watching you, but, as of right now, you need to give me one good reason not to tell Fang to crush your staff into smithereens." She backed away from Raven, then stood beside the small cat and the large wolf, her hand on his flank. Jade glared at Anthanasia, waiting for a response.

OOC: Sorry it took me so long to reply! Yeah... I have the worst memory in the world. Every time I remember that I need to make a reply to this thread, I am unable to, and almost instantly forget. Then later when I can I'm far too busy thinking about the masked ball roleplay or the roleplay that has now taken place in Grizzleheim... yeah. Lol oh well, I finally remembered to reply! Yay!
Raven merely smiled in response. She made a tsk sound at Jade's threats. "Oh, you're such a laugh, Jade Stone. Such. A. Laugh." Her voice became dark, cold, and threatening. She extended her arm, and by a strange magic, her staff flew back into her grasp, unharmed and perfectly fine. "I've seen so much worse than these empty threats of yours. If only you knew. Blindness is nothing compared to some of the things I know- in fact, I know another blind pirate around here by the name of Angelina. Too bad about what happened to her." The Witchdoctor smiled again. "For the record, the name's Raven. Witch, at your service." She stated sarcastically. "If you remember what happened last Halloween, then you'd know who I am. And that I'm not from here."

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Miriam cowered in fright as Jade exploded in fury. It was just like it always had been, growing up with Ma, Da, and their flash ken, their gang of thieves. Always threats and fighting, and worse when Ma tried to use her as a distraction or nick somat when the others were fighting (always a risky move, but Ma never cared), or even worse, Da make her attack whomever he wanted.

Then she saw Jade visibly calm herself, and the young Cat's old fear faded away. It wasn't like those bad old days at all. Jade was angry, but controlling herself. There wasn't going to be awful violence done for no good reason.

Then she heard Jade's surprising admission. Jade was blind?! Cor! Miriam gazed on the white-haired woman with admiration. She could do so much, that Meri had never guessed. In a flash of insight, Meri suddenly realized that this had much to do with Jade's ornery behavior. She didn't want sympathy, she didn't want to be treated differently. She just wanted respect. Well, o' course she had Meri's. Always had.

Meri was so glad to have Jade walk back to her and Fang without doing any harm to the strange witch-girl that she instinctively cuddled up to her, very like a cat, without considering that Jade might misinterpret the action as unwanted sympathy. Then she pressed even closer to Jade, now again fearful at Athanasia's mocking, bitter response. What did it all mean? Meri didn't understand. She had naively assumed that everyone coming on this mission was of one mind... innocent, eager, uncomplicated minds, just like Miriam's, if the truth be known. But now it seemed things were a lot more complex than she could have imagined.