Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

We need better account protection

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2013
We need something else to prove we are account holder instead of typing in Yohoho and a bottle of yum !

Maybe also type in a 4 digit protection code ?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Kasclepius on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
We need something else to prove we are account holder instead of typing in Yohoho and a bottle of yum !

Maybe also type in a 4 digit protection code ?

Do you mean like another round of password codes like when you make a purchase from the web page? I think I know what you mean, if you step away from your computer with your account signed in it would prevent a mischievous sibling or any other passer by from doing any damage to your account. Although it is smart to just sign of when you have to step away, having another lever of protection isn't a bad idea.

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
Do you mean like another round of password codes like when you make a purchase from the web page? I think I know what you mean, if you step away from your computer with your account signed in it would prevent a mischievous sibling or any other passer by from doing any damage to your account. Although it is smart to just sign of when you have to step away, having another lever of protection isn't a bad idea.
I mean when you go to delete a character in the game you type what it saids then also your personal 4 digit code number maple story did something like this ...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I believe the YOHOHO! is and was only ever meant to prevent players from accidentaly deleting their characters. The fact that you have to type something just makes you stop and think before you hit delete. The actual protection for your account and you characters is your username and password required to log into the game in the first place.

Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
CdeWinter on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
I believe the YOHOHO! is and was only ever meant to prevent players from accidentaly deleting their characters. The fact that you have to type something just makes you stop and think before you hit delete. The actual protection for your account and you characters is your username and password required to log into the game in the first place.
You just dont get what we are talking about. We mean if we have to go away for a minute to set the table, we dont have to worry about a mean sibling deleting your level 60 pirate.....
Do you log out to set the table only to come back, log in, let it load, and start playing again?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
A Balanced Life395 on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
You just dont get what we are talking about. We mean if we have to go away for a minute to set the table, we dont have to worry about a mean sibling deleting your level 60 pirate.....
Do you log out to set the table only to come back, log in, let it load, and start playing again?
Um, yes I do sign out when I leave, or I just lock my computer.

Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
CdeWinter on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
Um, yes I do sign out when I leave, or I just lock my computer.
I think thats a waste of time

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
A Balanced Life395 on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
Unlocking a "locked" screen would take the same amount of time as the proposed new 4 digit code, new password or any other suggested security feature.

Plus, locking your computer whenever you leave your computer is a good safety feature even beyond playing Wizard101. Keeps your other personal information safe too.

Captain
May 13, 2011
a waste of time? isnt knowing your account is safe better than taking chances? letting your account stay on is a gamble (though i usually leave my acc on when i go eat, go to the bathroom or something. i feel like a hypocrite)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
You wouldn't think it was a waste of time if you lost a high level pirate when just a few seconds of preventative security could have stopped it from happening.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Maybe an options setting, where you could choose to add that extra level of security? I don't have evil siblings, kids*, etc. that this scenario seems remotely likely, so it would just be an mildly annoying for me if I had to go through an extra password. On the other hand, sounds like it would be a good idea for some people who are more vulnerable to such sabotage.

-Indigo

*I have an evil spouse (Fiorenza Rosinante de la Castigleone) but she's not evil in that particular way.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indigo Ring on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Maybe an options setting, where you could choose to add that extra level of security? I don't have evil siblings, kids*, etc. that this scenario seems remotely likely, so it would just be an mildly annoying for me if I had to go through an extra password. On the other hand, sounds like it would be a good idea for some people who are more vulnerable to such sabotage.

-Indigo

*I have an evil spouse (Fiorenza Rosinante de la Castigleone) but she's not evil in that particular way.
LOL I am sure your spouse is lovely and quite wise. I mean after all she did chose you .