Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why do Bucks and Musketeers not get any love?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
The door slams open. Standing there is a large man, covered in armor, his head helmeted, massive sword on his hip and shield on his back. Silence reigns for a moment. Even Bob the Musketeer looks on enviously. The floor shakes as his armor clad boots make short work of the distance between him and table laden with goodies. A deep throated chuckle erupts from his larynx as he pulls off one dangerously designed glove.

"I say, are these chocolate brownie tarts? Haven't seen one of these since Her Highnesses tea party last month. I was just saying to her, ahem, (sotto voice) 'Delightful brownies, Your Highness.' She laughed and laughed. So anyway there we were, she had on this saffron gown that accented her eyes. I'm sure it was the latest Monquistan fashion. You know how she loves to stay in fashion, I sure I don't know how the prince can afford it all, although she did come equipped with her own dowry, you know. Wealthy family, old blood and all that. Tea? Yes, thank you. A hint of cinnamon? Such exquisite taste you have. (Picks up the doily) Hand made? Such a delicate pattern, I love the flowers woven in. Are those orchids. I'm sure they are. How did you mange to get them in bloom in this weather? Such a green thumb, I'm envious. So anyway I must be off to a visiti-poo with Mordecai. May I take him a tart? He's such a grouchy puss on the outside but on the inside he's a pussycat. Well, if you know what sort of treats to take him. Built like a tank, just like the rest of us buccaneers. We can take it, dish it out, and survive to the end of the battle. Must must toodle. Tata."

Places his helmet back on head, and pulls his glove on. Gives a sharp salute and crashes out the door.

The others in the tavern turned slowly to look at Bob. "Friend of yours?" they asked.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sam Underhill on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
The door slams open. Standing there is a large man, covered in armor, his head helmeted, massive sword on his hip and shield on his back. Silence reigns for a moment. Even Bob the Musketeer looks on enviously. The floor shakes as his armor clad boots make short work of the distance between him and table laden with goodies. A deep throated chuckle erupts from his larynx as he pulls off one dangerously designed glove.

"I say, are these chocolate brownie tarts? Haven't seen one of these since Her Highnesses tea party last month. I was just saying to her, ahem, (sotto voice) 'Delightful brownies, Your Highness.' She laughed and laughed. So anyway there we were, she had on this saffron gown that accented her eyes. I'm sure it was the latest Monquistan fashion. You know how she loves to stay in fashion, I sure I don't know how the prince can afford it all, although she did come equipped with her own dowry, you know. Wealthy family, old blood and all that. Tea? Yes, thank you. A hint of cinnamon? Such exquisite taste you have. (Picks up the doily) Hand made? Such a delicate pattern, I love the flowers woven in. Are those orchids. I'm sure they are. How did you mange to get them in bloom in this weather? Such a green thumb, I'm envious. So anyway I must be off to a visiti-poo with Mordecai. May I take him a tart? He's such a grouchy puss on the outside but on the inside he's a pussycat. Well, if you know what sort of treats to take him. Built like a tank, just like the rest of us buccaneers. We can take it, dish it out, and survive to the end of the battle. Must must toodle. Tata."

Places his helmet back on head, and pulls his glove on. Gives a sharp salute and crashes out the door.

The others in the tavern turned slowly to look at Bob. "Friend of yours?" they asked.
x Can't stop laughing x Than was Great . Delightful style. Encore.

Petty Officer
Jul 12, 2013
I am a buccaneer myself and today my friend is trying this game and he is gonna be a musketeer.

Community Leader
In closed beta, the Musketeer was very lackluster, BORING! but just before it went live, they changed the class, and now I have found musketeer to be one of the most fun classes to play.

Having said that, my Buccaneer is the least engaging, has the least to do, his limitations limit him to the bottom rung of my playing desire. He has the hardest time soloing, and generally takes at least 1/3 longer to dispense of a battle than my other class pirates being limited to one singular strike each round.

Me and my friends lover our muskies.... buccaneers... ZzzzzZzzzzzZzzzzzz

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
I have to say, great post, breat post indeed. I agree with everyone else: Why don't the musketeers get any love? I myself have a musketeer, Sly Gillian Randall (Go figure) Level 55 , and I'm very upset at the amount of musketeers in the world. For one, I think that it's part of the commercial for Pirate101 that hooks tons of people on Swashbucklers. If you look it up on Youtube or on this website in video library, you'll find that not only does the commercial give the swashbuckler more screen time and makes it look cool, but shows the musketeer flinging spikes from the crow's nest with a leather slingshot. And the buccaneer, well, they're only shown thumping their staff-thing on the ground and knocking a few enemies away. otherwhise, I'd be pretty bias to musketeers. they have the atvantage of range and power. my musketeer (along with, i'm sure, many others out there) usually has a shooty/slashy or shooty/stabby weapon equipped, and are trained in either stabby or slashy weapons. That gives you the ability to keep people at a distance still with traps and bombs and knock back shots, and fight up close if all else fails. Anyways, that's my opinion, at least.

Petty Officer
Jan 30, 2013
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Hello all- I made some chocolate brownie tarts for you. (A test recipe) The tea and coffee is on the table right there, so help yourselves.

Today I have a question. Wy do Buccaneers and Musketeers seem to not get any love? They did get some beautiful houses- but from Ki is not what I meant. I mean, why is there seemingly such a lack in the classes? Why is Swashbuckler the "king" of the classes and supposedly better than the others?

I see more Buccaneers nowadays, but I rarely see a Musketeer. I have only one or two on my friends list. I just don't get why I rarely see a Musketeer. I'm just curious, and rather disappointed in the lack of love for we gun-wielders and spear-users. -sulks-

About half of my list is Swashbucklers, two eighths Witchdoctors, two eighths Privateer, one and a half eighths buccaneer and half an eighth Musketeers. I just wonder why people don't like Musketeers. I mean, we have guns! What's not to like about that? And plus, the companions are awesome-sauce! -sighs- My apologies, I'm just upset. Haven't been feeling very cheerful lately.

Ciao.
I'm a lvl 65 buck, and I have no problems with having less companions than others. I would actually like even less. I tend to get attached to my favorites, and really don't like a fight when one of my less favorites join. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things, it's just the visual aspect of the combat that I enjoy.

Your next subject is interesting, I see more privateers and think that they would be the more 'favored' class, it such a thing existed. I'll elaborate. Witches are very powerful. I hear a lot of other players saying that they are over powered. However, I do not see it with either class. I quest with a max level witch, and a max level privateer. I am the muscle of the group. We all seem to compliment the other in a group.

With that being said, I think KI really did well with the classes and their powers, abilities, and companions. It all seems to balance out appropriately.

What I don't see, like you, is a lot of musketeers. It just isn't a preferred class. For me, and I don't speak for everyone, but it's all the noise they make honestly. I'm not a huge fan of the guns in pirates, I prefer the old sword and shield or metal hook kind of pirate. Everyone is welcome to disagree.

As for swashbucklers, to be totally honest, it's the class I was aiming for, but the background etc that I chose back then landed me the buccaneer class, I've never regretted it. I LOVE the buccaneer class and I love bringing the brute strength to a fight. I love to land a hit and hear other players say "Wow!" etc. I know it's easy to argue that Swashbucklers do just as much, if not more, but they are restricted armor wise and take a lot more damage than us. Again, it all balances out.

Sorry to ramble, I'll just take that brownie and go now :) Happy pirating!

Travis

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Ethan the baron on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
Well my first pirate was a privateer and I did pretty good but not as good with my swashbuckler I made swashbuckler my favorite class but the only reason I did that was because they do a lot of damage, use the hidden powers, the poison, and because in my opinion they got the better companions over privateer. Then I made my witchdoctor and I have to say the people are right about witchdoctor being the best for soloing and finishing the game faster it is my second favorite class. But I have been doing some pvp with my swashbuckler and I was underestimating the and but I stopped doing that because I noticed if you use the or powers correctly they are definitely a force to be reckoned with I lost both battles against the player and the one musketeers traps and powers can really annoy me because they can take out my hidden power and make me have to go through their traps which does good amounts of damage. My point is that the people that chose those classes play the game smarter than the classes that are mostly chosen ,, and they plan out their strategy to winning because they know we are powerful classes but in reality it makes them better classes I have earned a respect for and so that is my opinion.
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 65
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 65
Leo Richardson witchdoctor lvl 56
Actually you are wrong ....when I play on my witchdoctor I play the game smart as these class..and you are making me and these classes feel bad and I know need more love but you don't have to make everyone else feel bad .see you in the spiral

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
The 1st pirate I made was a musketeer I had a Blast with him so much that as I learned more about talents and powers I started a new musketeer. I use a combo of sword and gun there are lots of range 4 pistols out there so I can shoot at a distance and trained in swash techs with good gear I have several epic hits I can perform. The traps and bombs are epic pluses as if placed right any enemy who gets close is sorely hurt.

Now the 1st time I tried a Buccaneer I walked into battle with my big axe muscles rippling and promptly died all my comps died and this was with good gear I had got from other pirates. I decided then that bucks were not for me. Well like I said I did learn more about how to train and chose talents from other trainers and just recently started a new one. I do have love for Bucks now I laugh at my first epic fail I have been cruising through the spiral : }. My comps still tend to die but that just makes it a bit more challenging

Grabs for a Tart "sniff sniff " Now why did I expect there to still be some 2 months later

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
I also am a Musketeer and only have one musketeer friend I love Musketeers because I win pvp all the time GO MUSKETEERS

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
Sneaky George Quar... on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
i dont care if buccaneers are weak or not. im a buc and proud of it. were made for tanking, but people with a brain know to take the weaker people first, leaving us alone. if were alone, who are we taking damage for?
My privateer tanks a lot better than my buccaneer...

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
Hello all- I made some chocolate brownie tarts for you. (A test recipe) The tea and coffee is on the table right there, so help yourselves.

Today I have a question. Wy do Buccaneers and Musketeers seem to not get any love? They did get some beautiful houses- but from Ki is not what I meant. I mean, why is there seemingly such a lack in the classes? Why is Swashbuckler the "king" of the classes and supposedly better than the others?

I see more Buccaneers nowadays, but I rarely see a Musketeer. I have only one or two on my friends list. I just don't get why I rarely see a Musketeer. I'm just curious, and rather disappointed in the lack of love for we gun-wielders and spear-users. -sulks-

About half of my list is Swashbucklers, two eighths Witchdoctors, two eighths Privateer, one and a half eighths buccaneer and half an eighth Musketeers. I just wonder why people don't like Musketeers. I mean, we have guns! What's not to like about that? And plus, the companions are awesome-sauce! -sighs- My apologies, I'm just upset. Haven't been feeling very cheerful lately.

Ciao.
False, Buccaneers do have to worry about dodge.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
That's funny, because the two classes I usually explore new content with are Buccaneer or Musketeer. Buccaneer because he gets the weapons my other pirates usually want to borrow as they level up. Besides he has simpler choices to make, so he's easy to play. And Gunner because he's so much fun to play! Of course to me, traps are the joke that is always funny.

Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013

Ciao.
I, myself am a Musketeer, and I agree, we barely get love. Half the people on my friends lists are swash and the rest are privateers. No bucks, no Musks. Guns are too epic to hate. Plus personally I think Musks are the best.