Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Beachhead Dungeon!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
Hey Pirates! Here's a thread where you can talk about that tough dungeon called Beachhead. I think it was quite easy except the boss at the end (Bishop.)

Tell us your opinions in this thread

Ensign
Nov 15, 2009
Well, Beachhead Dungeon is easy and Bishop is also quite easy if you learn his tricks

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
if your a witch docter bishop is horribley hard because he has witch hunter and retrioubion i almost died fighting him but gracie conrad killed him

Community Leader
The First Swashbuc... on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
if your a witch docter bishop is horribley hard because he has witch hunter and retrioubion i almost died fighting him but gracie conrad killed him
This is true. Witchdoctors a very powerful against most enemies, but with Bishop, there is a significantly greater challenge. I'm not used to getting countered! It took me a while to figure out what to do with Rooke for the same reason, but I think that fight challenges all classes

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
I found Marleybone to be pretty easy. I soloed everything in Marleybone. I am a Privateer that has pretty good companions and strategy. Doing Beachhead just took along time to finish. Nonetheless, Marleybone was still one incredibly fun world. ;-) However, I just got to Aquila, and it is incredibly HARD. I am a low level, maybe? I'm level 59 currently, so is that low for Aquila?

Have a Great Day! Lvl 59

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
DrParrot on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
I found Marleybone to be pretty easy. I soloed everything in Marleybone. I am a Privateer that has pretty good companions and strategy. Doing Beachhead just took along time to finish. Nonetheless, Marleybone was still one incredibly fun world. ;-) However, I just got to Aquila, and it is incredibly HARD. I am a low level, maybe? I'm level 59 currently, so is that low for Aquila?

Have a Great Day! Lvl 59
Yeah the entire world marleybone went smoothly for me I mean it was annoying to fight all those enemies but I didn't have any trouble i think only witchdoctors had trouble because of bishop with his witch hunter and the fact that their is another witchdoctor to fight.

Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 59
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 64

Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013

Have a Great Day! Lvl 59
What exactly can't privateers solo?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
No it is not low, I completed all my side quests on my privateer and that is the level I was when I started. It is just hard. I kept getting clobbered by the sky fish, of all things, well I am aware that I have much worse boss's in my future, lol. I finally got through them by taking the advise from someone on here and used shooters and witchdoctors to stay away from them. Trust me, Aquila Will make you a better pirate, you have to learn new tactics and use your skills and companions very creatively to progress. Oh sure I could just holler for help but I prefer to learn how to tackle a new challenge than just getting help. I am not bored, that is for sure

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
MooshuFanatic500 on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
What exactly can't privateers solo?
I know right? I am in Aquila, and I have had crazy trouble, actually. I had a ton of trouble with the Satyrs, but learned a tactic that could avoid their Epics. I just took Troy down, like a boss. It's really good for farming.
Privateers UNITE!

Have a Great Day! Lvl 62

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009

Have a Great Day! Lvl 59
Wow really? I've had almost no trouble at all with Marleybone and Aquila. I got to Aquila when I was a level 57 (or maybe it was level 58?) and I still didn't have any troubles when I got there. I'm a level 65 now and the enemies may get tougher, but so will you! And privateers usually kill me in pvp, so I think you'd be able to kill some enemies in Aquila too!

~Noble Mistydove, level 65 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Feb 02, 2013
I died one time but I found a trick to defeat bishop.Easy,huh.

Obnoxious Brian Silver,Swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
Talkin The Plank on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
This is true. Witchdoctors a very powerful against most enemies, but with Bishop, there is a significantly greater challenge. I'm not used to getting countered! It took me a while to figure out what to do with Rooke for the same reason, but I think that fight challenges all classes
Oh no! I am a level 55 witchdoctor!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Beachhead was a looong dungeon, but not particularly hard. My witchdoctor did it with her privateer buddy, and then my swashbuckler recently did it solo (and foolishly forgot to grab that rolling stone, argh!).

To amuse myself, I kept stats on David Gordon's run (he's my swashbuckler).

Time to finish (solo): 2:50
Number of fights: 15 (no extraneous "ooops" fights)
Number of Clockworks whacked:
Marines: 18
Musketeers: 27
Battle Angels: 14
Devices: 12 (8 were Rook summonings)
Rooks: 2 (well, 1 x 2, as it were)
Number of Fights Spike the Valiant Krokogator pet showed up: 7
Number of Times Spike was taken out of action: 0 (which surprised me)
Number of Companions taken out of action: 0
Number of times a companion had to run and hide to avoid being taken OOA (6; usually it was el Toro, who clockworks
apparently do NOT like).
Number of times I forgot that the Marines have Hold the Line when I was plotting flanking attacks: 1 (it would have been
more, I suspect, but once I decided to keep track of it, I started remembering it).

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Lily Evans on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
Oh no! I am a level 55 witchdoctor!
You will be fine. Just have your companions attack Bishop and you focus on everyone else.

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
You will be fine. Just have your companions attack Bishop and you focus on everyone else.
Thanks for the advice, I will use it.