Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can't get the Book 1 and 8 side quest medals.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
I just saw the guy at the top of the city on the giant turtle, and am at the point where i have to wait for the next area of the game to be released. I'm going to try doing the side quests that i missed.
Could anybody please tell me the areas and locations for the side quests for book 1 and 8, and which quests for those areas sometimes get accidentally overlooked?
I've tried backtracking and couldn't find anything, and i don't want my paid membership to go to waste.
Even a link with the information would be greatly appreciated.
Thankies in advance.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
chapter 8 is in cool ranch in either the tumbleweed area or haunted skyway not sure which.

as for chapter 1 there is a few common quests that get overlooked like the cane found in the dung where you first fight Fin or back at flotsom there is a set of quests that don't show up the first few times you visit.

You can look at the pirate101central.com wiki for a guide on chapter 1 side quests but chapter 8-12 on the wiki are incomplete

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
For chapter 1 try looking in the weapons shop on skull island, i think the quest giver's name is rosey harriott.

for chapter 8 try tumbleweed docks, the guy in front of the herd of buffaloons might have something for you, if not try his partner gus mccrane is his name if memory serves me well, he can be found in the saloon in tumbleweed.

hope this helps, good luck with the search!

Community Leader
My Musketeer's in Book 11 now, she's missing sides in 5 & 8 somewhere.

According to the Chapter Pricing list, book 8 is Port Regal.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/chapter_pricing

this link is the chapter priciing, it tells you where the chapters/books are located

Community Leader
Regarding chapter 1...

Quests given by a gal in "Remmington Steel" on Skull Island tend to pop up later on and since theres not much reason to frequent that shop, they are often missed. Id check in there.

Good luck.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
I'm pretty sure I already have the badge for haunted skyways.
as for flotsam, i dunno how that'd be book 1 when skull island is before that, and is book 2
Plus i think I already did the cane quest. i remember giving a cane to somebody.

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
Kk, I just got the book 1 sidequests done. i missed the 1 in remmington's steel, where the possum girl wants her gold flask.
i still need book 8's medal, and i think it's either gonna be in tumbleweed skyway, or somewhere in junction.
Any ideas on what i mighta' missed?

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Bonzue Silktail th... on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
I'm pretty sure I already have the badge for haunted skyways.
as for flotsam, i dunno how that'd be book 1 when skull island is before that, and is book 2
Plus i think I already did the cane quest. i remember giving a cane to somebody.
part of flotsam is in the Chapter 1 quest.

the whole reaver quest line is part of chapter 1 which is found in flotsam

haunted skyways i was wrong about and it isn't tumbleweed infact now that i think about it chapter 8 goes back to port regal.

check back at port regal and also check skrimsaw

Community Leader
I found my missing Book 8 quest last night, one of the Jolly Ranchers at the near end of Junction's canyon.

My Book 5 turned out to be one of the lady poodles in Port Regal, back in a corner I'd missed.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
the thing with chapter 8 is that its not just in cool ranch so it throws some off.There is alot of coverage that can be overlooked

I do remember that chapter 9 was the bugged badge everyone had for the longest with the crane in the tumbleweed tavern. This was the badge my first char had to wait on to be fixed

11,12 both are mooshu and 10 is haunted skyway. badges 6 and 7 was the first part of cool ranch big sky and the first place.

Sad on my 3rd char and i still don't remember them all by memory.

None the less be thankful some tried to help when i got to chapter 8 on my first char no one gave any advise when i posted over it.Alot of google search and back tracking netted me the badge

Im working on a more detailed quest list since the one over at pirate101central is incomplete

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
Well, i had found 2 port regal quests that i hadn't done, and finished them, but still didn't get the badge.
they were the poodle by the housing vendor and the captain to the left when u leave the docks.
as for Jolly farm, none of them had a quest. i even looked in the other part of arroyo grande w/ the horses and bison running around, and found nothing.
As for google searching, i had found a pirate101 wiki, but ironically enough, the book 8 sidequests was the only section that had absolutely no info on it about the sidequsts.

I'm also wondering something.
I've heard ppl mentioning there maybe being a quest at the bastion at port regal.
What's the bastion, and where in port regal is it?
If some1 can keep track of the names and locations of the ppl that give the book 8 sidequests and list them in here somewhere, that'd be awesome.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
im working on a list for chapter 7-12 since those are the chapters the wiki has missing.

It is a slow work in progress thou since i have to make sure i write each quest down the name of the giver and location and also make sure no quests are missing from the chapters that central has up. Thou it wont be as detailed as the wiki one it should still help out future players.

Speaking of guides Jack or Ratbeard if any of you read this post are we allowed to post guides in this forum?

Im asking cuz i don't see any guides really and posting in a whole other site is a bit out of the way.

If we can't then ill post in central but if we can that would be great and quicker for players to get 2.

Administrator
CaptainBlackBart on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
im working on a list for chapter 7-12 since those are the chapters the wiki has missing.

It is a slow work in progress thou since i have to make sure i write each quest down the name of the giver and location and also make sure no quests are missing from the chapters that central has up. Thou it wont be as detailed as the wiki one it should still help out future players.

Speaking of guides Jack or Ratbeard if any of you read this post are we allowed to post guides in this forum?

Im asking cuz i don't see any guides really and posting in a whole other site is a bit out of the way.

If we can't then ill post in central but if we can that would be great and quicker for players to get 2.
We tend to stay away from anything too in-depth as a guide on these forums as they are seen as spoilers; however, tips, hints, and tricks are always appreciated.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
I'm trying to get the book 12 side quests medal.
I just did the quest line at subata where u take the food to the audience chamber.
I'm still missing something tho.
can any1 please help me figure out what i mighta' missed?