Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Poll: Subodai vs Egg

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 09, 2011
Who is better? I got Subodai, but i think Egg Shen is better because of the heal. If he gets one.

Captain
May 02, 2009
Neither of them gets a Heal but I'd have to say Egg Shen because his attacks are cooler, except for Buccaneer Smash, Subodai beat Egg on that one.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
They are both very, very good. My Subodai at lower levels missed a lot, but he got better, and became one of my strongest companions. Egg Shen (who does not get a heal, at least by level 47/48) has always been excellent and seems to critical a lot.
I slightly prefer Egg Shen because of his personality: he is good-humored, funny, and gentle. I think he is sweet. Subodai is what you would expect from a warrior from a Mongol-like tribe: austere, honorable, and full of fortitude. But I think my character Anne needs such adult figures to remind her of duty and sense; after all, she has Sarah Steele romp around with and be kids together!
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
I bought both Temujin and Zang Cha (the Crown duplicates of the Mooshu starters) and in my opinion they are both equally good. Egg Shen does not get a heal though. They both share the same stats and powers, but they have different epics.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
i personally think subodai is the winner. i have done a pvp with my friends at level 9 once when i didnt have member and subodai killed egg in 3 turns they were both level nine. but i agree that eggs attacks are cooler besides buccaneer strike when subodai is a khan it is wicked

Lovable Seth Parker lv 48

Ensign
May 06, 2012
BluJewel on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
Who is better? I got Subodai, but i think Egg Shen is better because of the heal. If he gets one.
I actually prefer Wagyu Sanjuro, the cow guy I think. Either him or Wing Chun. Wing chun has high health, low attacks, and a heal. ( I think his critical music isnt so good ) Wagyu Sanjuro has low health but super high attack damage. His critical music is cool, and he get's swashbuckler's strike, which looks so epic!!!

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
Why is everybody talking about heals?! Nether egg or subodai have one. Personally I say there evenly matched. It is just a matter of personality.
Quiet Zachary Armstrong

Ensign
Oct 19, 2012
Personaly I think Egg shen is the better companion because, he does critical alot and I think Eggs' starting eipc first strike is better than vengance strike, subodai's epic.

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
They're both amazing
Subodai looks amazing after his second promotion though...

Ensign
May 09, 2011
I agree with most of you. My musketeer looked in the crown shop at T Jin and Zang Cha, and they were level 20, and here's the results: Temujin: 30 Accuracy. Zang C: 31 Accuracy.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
BluJewel on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
It is a tough one because my two main pirates that i played to marleybone and one of my pirates was privateer and the other swashbuckler so i experienced both companions at the beginning to end i never had a problem with egg shen and he was one of my companions that almost never died in battles but when i made my swash pirate subodai wasnt so good in the beginning and missed a lot and died a lot but after his first promo he got a lot better but still wasnt as good as egg but after his 2nd promo he was unstoppable their was one battle in mooshu where me and all my companions died except subodai and we were fighting swashbuckler enemys that do a big lode of damage and their were three left that still had a good amount of health but subodai knocked them all out which was amazing. He also got me through the hard dungeons of marleybone and aquila he is one of the best and my personal favorite starter companion in the game so i would say subodai all the way

Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 59
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 64

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
They are both very, very good. My Subodai at lower levels missed a lot, but he got better, and became one of my strongest companions. Egg Shen (who does not get a heal, at least by level 47/48) has always been excellent and seems to critical a lot.
I slightly prefer Egg Shen because of his personality: he is good-humored, funny, and gentle. I think he is sweet. Subodai is what you would expect from a warrior from a Mongol-like tribe: austere, honorable, and full of fortitude. But I think my character Anne needs such adult figures to remind her of duty and sense; after all, she has Sarah Steele romp around with and be kids together!
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Anne, you're right.

Pretty Cheryl Walker
Lovable Natalie

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Brian GoldenShade on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
I actually prefer Wagyu Sanjuro, the cow guy I think. Either him or Wing Chun. Wing chun has high health, low attacks, and a heal. ( I think his critical music isnt so good ) Wagyu Sanjuro has low health but super high attack damage. His critical music is cool, and he get's swashbuckler's strike, which looks so epic!!!
I know right!

Pretty Cheryl Walker

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
Subodai.
His epics are awesome!
His second promotion really showed he has great depth of character, even if he doesn't always show it,too.
Plus if you really want to see a face off between Egg and Subodai, head to the thread Roleplay!

Ensign
Nov 28, 2008
I love Egg. Subodai is great and all but to me Egg is amazing. I find Egg's critical rate higher and even though their accuracy is the same Egg has hardly even missed a target when I battle with him especially after his promotions. I wish I could have them both!

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
I like both of them. btw I have a privateer and Egg Shen doesn't get a heal at start.

Dreaming Jill Underwood level 13