Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate Eli on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
Right now the companion at the bottom of my roster (I sort them by favorites) is the Toreador Novillero horse. He's just so...goofy. And the horses in P101 make me so uncomfortable (they have hands!). Also, his randomly generated name is Stinky Charlie Cobb.
He is actually a very good companion, he's in the middle range of my roster. I do agree that he's a bit goofy looking and the Cool Ranch outlaw names don't suit his character.
If KI removed the rose and named him Ramon, would you consider using him?

Ensign
Nov 19, 2010
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I do not like Old Scratch at all. He fizzles so much and I do not feel like leveling him up to the point where he finally gets as useful as my companions were 5 levels ago. I just see him as being too weak in general

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Taylor Daisy Flame on Mar 13, 2018 wrote:
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I do not like Old Scratch at all. He fizzles so much and I do not feel like leveling him up to the point where he finally gets as useful as my companions were 5 levels ago. I just see him as being too weak in general
This depends on your class, Taylor. If you're a Witchdoctor then Old Scratch is worth leveling and promoting.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
trust me my dude, unless you're a buccaneer, Old Scratch is an invaluable companion. he literally changes the landscape of the game, he's just not very impactful until he gets promoted.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
What class are you? that might be the reason. You should always use him on witch and privy, never on buck, almost never on buckler, and maybe on musket.

Ensign
Nov 19, 2010
To @kingme655 , @Blixet , and @anecorbie , my main is a Musketeer, and he is my second worst companion. But, I have level 15 witchdoctor and old scratch is 14 rn. I will give him a chance on my witchdoctor. Hopefully he’s good :) What epics and talents are good for him?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Taylor Daisy Flame on Mar 14, 2018 wrote:
To @kingme655 , @Blixet , and @anecorbie , my main is a Musketeer, and he is my second worst companion. But, I have level 15 witchdoctor and old scratch is 14 rn. I will give him a chance on my witchdoctor. Hopefully he’s good :) What epics and talents are good for him?
Second worst? clearly he is still better then romba, sergent sanders, the eagle archer, and the bisons. Anyway, give him max will, max health, max accuracy, max damage, and one dodge. The epics will be echo 3 IMB 3 and witch hunter one.