Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is this rude?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 17, 2011
I love hiding on other player's ships for the fun of it. I do keep their decks clear of tokens and I leave if they ask me to, but am I being rude?

-Dark Amber

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
No.

Actually, I did not know you could just stow away and take off when somebody leaves. Sounds fun actually.
No, stowing away is not rude. You can barely even see the pirate when you maneuver your ship.

Community Leader
I doesn't sound rude to me. If I found a stowaway pirate on my ship that was helpfully putting out fires, I don't think I would object one bit. And that's assuming I even noticed that's what was going on. Curious: what area to you do this in? and how long do you have to wait for the pirate to return to their ship? I guess the ship doesn't show up unless they are close by, but it seems like you could potentially wait a while!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
I actually had this happen to me the other day.

I had my ship docked in Skull Island.
It was the highest level ship in the game to date.
I figured people might want to check it out.
So I don't complain when others come aboard to look it over.

Anyway, I was AFK for a bit.
When I got back I took off, I noticed some movement.
So I tabbed to deck level and a low level Witchdoctor
was running around my deck.

I thought it was funny.
Because I did not know you could do that,
stowaway on a ship.

Community Leader
LOL, I dont think of this as rude at all, however...

If I see people I dont know on my ship, it gives me the opportunity to play with the Walk the Plank button... WHAT FUN!!!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
May 17, 2011
Talkin The Plank on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
I doesn't sound rude to me. If I found a stowaway pirate on my ship that was helpfully putting out fires, I don't think I would object one bit. And that's assuming I even noticed that's what was going on. Curious: what area to you do this in? and how long do you have to wait for the pirate to return to their ship? I guess the ship doesn't show up unless they are close by, but it seems like you could potentially wait a while!
I often do this is cool ranch or valencia, as a lot of the quests in those worlds (mostly cool ranch) are about ship battles. It doesn't usually take more then 7-ish minutes for the player to come to their ship. Sometimes I just see someone running to their ship and (if I am lucky enough to be close to the said ship) I hop on. It is fun !

-Dark Amber

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Peabotz on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:

I thought it was funny.
stowaway on a ship.
Lol, downright cute.

Ensign
Dec 06, 2009
lol just make sure you are ATK when you do this...

Nothing like finding an AFK player on-board when you go to fight a school of batacuda.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Peabotz on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:

I thought it was funny.
stowaway on a ship.
lol, try having the first raft and having a stowaway on it that you don't know about it and find out only upon entering a fight with flying fish and finding that all the spaces upon your raft is absolutely full. The player said they enjoyed stowing away on others ships, what a surprise.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
When I got my first Royal Navy Galleon when the game went live, I was docked at Skull Island. I went to sell and put stuff in my bank. When I came back to my ship, apparently there was a party going on. Lots of pirates were boarding and un-boarding my ship on a regular basis (since you can only have 4 people on your ship at a time).

I hopped on board, pretending I was one of the looky-loos. Then, I made everyone walk the plank - over and over and over again (hey, it was fun!). Took a while for the party people to realize the 'owner' of the ship was aboard (LOL).

The most fun I have is when I'm traveling in the skyway with my friends, and (oops) I make them walk the plank.

Oh, what a glorious day!

Ensign
May 17, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
When I got my first Royal Navy Galleon when the game went live, I was docked at Skull Island. I went to sell and put stuff in my bank. When I came back to my ship, apparently there was a party going on. Lots of pirates were boarding and un-boarding my ship on a regular basis (since you can only have 4 people on your ship at a time).

I hopped on board, pretending I was one of the looky-loos. Then, I made everyone walk the plank - over and over and over again (hey, it was fun!). Took a while for the party people to realize the 'owner' of the ship was aboard (LOL).

The most fun I have is when I'm traveling in the skyway with my friends, and (oops) I make them walk the plank.

Oh, what a glorious day!

That sounds awesome!

-Dark Amber

Ensign
Jun 01, 2010
Oh, I have a funny story about that! Unbeknownst to me,I got a stowaway on my MB galleon. I set sail and got caught by some battacudas. I figured at my level I would just fight them for fun, but I saw this other pirate ship, the parents' skiff, stuck partly inside my galleon. It was like it had crashed into me. Then this girl apologized. She explained she was on board my ship, checking it out. Somehow, when I got caught in the battle, it put her in her ship, stuck in mine, for the duration of the battle. I have no idea how that happened, but it was pretty funny.

Ensign
Feb 18, 2011
It is not rude.Some people think it is rude because it may annoy other players.(But not me,unless that person is being rude or annoying)But I'm not that really sensitive person.

Ensign
May 07, 2011
I've done this before too. Personally, I think of it as if you let me on your ship, I'll let you on mine. Do unto each other... Besides, I usually help the people I do this to, and when it happens to me, I have some fun with it and go find a boss or something that I know will kill them.

Ensign
Nov 19, 2012
Buffaloony on Nov 20, 2012 wrote:
Oh, I have a funny story about that! Unbeknownst to me,I got a stowaway on my MB galleon. I set sail and got caught by some battacudas. I figured at my level I would just fight them for fun, but I saw this other pirate ship, the parents' skiff, stuck partly inside my galleon. It was like it had crashed into me. Then this girl apologized. She explained she was on board my ship, checking it out. Somehow, when I got caught in the battle, it put her in her ship, stuck in mine, for the duration of the battle. I have no idea how that happened, but it was pretty funny.
i do that all the time! but the game gliches.