Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Spoofs and Character Likeness

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 06, 2009
I would like to give a big round of applause for the storyline writers and character developers for the brilliant job with all the fictional and historical/celebrity characters.

Just a few of my favorites:

- Vin Diesel as he appears in Pitch Black and Riddick
- Lucius Fox
- Hernan Cortes
- Don Quixote
- Zorro
- my personal favorite: characters from Firefly (may she rest in peace)

I know that most of this work is lost on the younger players of this game (my son included), but I just wanted the development team to know that I have loved every single apperance thus far, and am looking forward to the ones to come.

Ensign
Jan 05, 2009
My favorite so far out of many encounters taking a recovery from laughing is the 'Dos Amigos y Uno'. Very funny series of side-quests.

Ensign
May 24, 2012
These "Easter Eggs" are always so much fun for me. Going into the weapons shop called Remington Steele has been my favorite so far. You namers do a good job.

Community Leader
I've lost track of how many times an NPC name or quest name has made me laugh!

The best one I've seen is a Privateers' companion, a Muskateer named Ensign Emmett. When I first got the quest to meet him, I thought, "Wouldn't it be hilarious if he's an otter?" and sure enough he was!

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio