Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why do so many people have Hunting Pumas?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 13, 2009
I made a long overdue return to Pirate a few weeks ago so my memory was a bit dodgy on a few things about the game, but I caught up quickly. That said, I noticed that people seem to predominantly have one mount in particular, far surpassing all others in use by a landslide - that would be the Hunting Puma. Even I have one and I have no idea where I got it from. A quick search revealed that it's from the Tribal Crew Pack. Was this on a massive sale at one point, allowing all users to purchase it over and over for good results, or is the mount simply dropped at a high(er) rate from the pack compared to others?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The reason I have Hunting Pumas is because I got them from the Tribal Packs I bought. The Tribal Packs are usually pretty good about getting mounts for your Pirate (especially if you are trying to get a specific Companion and end up buying a lot).

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
6-day late reply, but it's alot like the Panther mount in Wiz, everyone has it since it's easy to get and it generally has smooth animations and good looks

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Since there are only two packs available for those who have spare crowns, many players buy them when there is a pack sale, just to see if they'll get a companion. However, the mounts drop WAY more frequently than companions do...

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Because it's a smaller mount and is easily gotten from what use to be the only card pack in Pirate101. However I feel like the Valencian steed army is getting bigger and bigger.