Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is your LEAST favorite world?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 02, 2014
And here I thought I was the only one who HATED Cool Ranch. Good to know i'm not alone .
However I do appreciate KI putting so much effort into making it. It's one of the complete worlds with a full story around. Which is probably due to it's abundance in pop culture references.

I'm going through the world again with my musketeer. And I've always wanted to get into the world. So i'm going to try to see everything about it in a new perspective.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on May 5, 2016 wrote:
But you counted Xol Akmul as a world, why can't I have port regal as a world
Bonnie Anne: "Captain, I don't think we're in Skull Island anymore."
Xol Akmul is a very weird place - if one of your companions senses that its a different place from where you started.
As for me I consider it a "pocket" world, part of but separate from Skull Island.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
I dont dislike Cool Ranch. Sure it doesnt mix well with pirates... but does greek mythology?

Either way KI did a wonderful job with CR, first time I got there I was like "woah" and was really impressed by the view, especially after entering the first town, I felt like in a western movie!

But yeah it tends to get long and I dislike most companions too...

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
anecorbie on May 9, 2016 wrote:
Bonnie Anne: "Captain, I don't think we're in Skull Island anymore."
Xol Akmul is a very weird place - if one of your companions senses that its a different place from where you started.
As for me I consider it a "pocket" world, part of but separate from Skull Island.
Well I do believe Bonnie Anne's line is just a reference to The Wizard of Oz

Still I do agree it's like a pocket world, is it like Azteca from W101?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
SpellBinder Darius on May 10, 2016 wrote:
Well I do believe Bonnie Anne's line is just a reference to The Wizard of Oz

Still I do agree it's like a pocket world, is it like Azteca from W101?
It seems to be a small area where the Aztecans escaped to from Azteca proper.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Am I the only one that seems to favor Cool Ranch more than any other world? It's the only one of the two completed worlds, and the only reason I hear why it's bad because it's long. I never saw it that way; if wanted a long world, Aquila would be it. Cool Ranch is the world that had the most effort put into it- it's BEAUTIFUL, and I don't care if it doesn't "fit" with the pirate theme, it gave me a passion for the West.
It is lovely. I simply found the quests to be tedious and the animations irritating. And, before the advent of the never to be sufficiently blessed stagecoach, all the backing and forthing were painfully dull.

I wanted to smack Little Timmy upside the head with a clue bat. I was never a fan of the hero-worshipping little kid trope, even though I generally enjoy older (black and white) western movies, and the latter half of CR seemed to be all about hero-worshipping little boys.

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
all of them beside valencia
loyal jacob young 65 swashbuckler

Ensign
Apr 10, 2013
Mooshu or Aquila - Not because they're bad by any means (I found much about Mooshu quite breathtaking, actually, which was a pleasant surprise after disliking the area so much in Wizards years ago), but because I'm just not personally into their themes.

I guess one specific thing that strikes me as a little unsettling about Aquila is that the towns seem to feel really empty compared to towns of other worlds. I seem to recall entering a tavern in one Aquilan town, and there was literally one NPC in there (maybe two?). It just seemed kind of ghost-town-y in what were supposed to be the population centers of the world. Cool Ranch taverns were always a hoot, packed with people and noise (and Dos Amigos y Uno!).

I'm kind of sad to see all the Monquista dislike. I absolutely loved Monquista, and I'm still dying to hear more about the state of affairs there, what's going on within the Church, and what happened to the Order of St. Simian (I know at least one of their monks is safe - he's often my First Mate!). Diablo Cut was also incredible, and one of my first "wow" moments in Pirate101 where I was just awed by the coolness of an area.

I also -really- enjoyed Cool Ranch, which seems to be another fan un-favorite for some reason. "Too long"? I didn't want it to end! To be fair, the stagecoaches were already implemented when I got there. Yeehaw!

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
I mean every world has it's ups and downs but the world that I REALLY can't stand has got to be monquista. I hate that it looks so dry and most of the monkeys are stuck up and annoying. Pretty much the only thing I liked about it was helping Gortez start his rebellion.

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
Port Regal

Regal is just annoying, and when I get to the point where I need to get in I just feel nothing but pain (Luckily only 1 more character needs to do it), the ships you need to defeat in Monq for the collect'em and the defeat 10 is impossible without a friend (unless you're the opposite of me and don't mind boarding), since the strongest ship you have access to at that point is the Bison frigate, >80% of the time it isn't enough to take them down

And when you get into the skyway it's all a breeze, just 17 battles in total (Iago, sewer crabs, scrimshaw rat, 8 battles of Fort Elena, 3 of Dreadnaught and 3 of Gov's mansion) along with 20 ships

Ensign
Jul 25, 2010
Skull Island - especially The Gold Mine. Since I've made a few pirates, it's gotten quite boring and tedious to me.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Monquista because:

Talk to people
Dungeon
Talk to people
Ship battle
Dungeon
Talk to people
Dungeon
Talk to People
Dungeon
Talk to dead monkey
Dungeon
Talk to people

I'm not even joking. This is the world

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Well Alex I think that was a very accurate Depiction of Monquista.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2016
Definitely Aquila.

I found it to be dull at worst, although I still enjoyed it thoroughly. It was repetitive, boring, and the writing was incredibly lazy in my eyes.

Regarding Monquista, at least it had a story. Even to this day, I forget what Aquila's story was, it was so forgettable and boring.

Here's my list of worlds from best to worst.
  • Cool Ranch
  • Marleybone
  • MooShu
  • Skull Island
  • Valencia
  • Monquista
  • Aquila

At the same time, none of these worlds are what I would call "bad." Just some are better than others.

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
Monquista by far. It's kinda just filler in between the end of skull island and the main story, with Marco Pollo's map. It has a boring name, too. they took the species of animal that lives there (as in monquistador) and just cut the end to make it sound like a place. It is also WAY too short. They could have even brought it back for a bit at the start of Aquila, like the whole Port Regal thing before Marleybone. We could have done another quest in it. But no. We just went straight to Aquila (which isn't a bad thing).

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
stubborn diego on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:
I agree Monquista by far is my least favorite because every time you go to talk to someone they mention how "freakishly large" you are ,not everyone can be a monquistan lol
Yeah, saying someone is freakishly large when they are not the same species is a bit racist. So, monquistadors are a racist group of people. Congratulations, Monquista.

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on May 5, 2016 wrote:
Am I the only one that seems to favor Cool Ranch more than any other world? It's the only one of the two completed worlds, and the only reason I hear why it's bad because it's long. I never saw it that way; if wanted a long world, Aquila would be it. Cool Ranch is the world that had the most effort put into it- it's BEAUTIFUL, and I don't care if it doesn't "fit" with the pirate theme, it gave me a passion for the West.
No. Your not. Cool Ranch is my absolute favorite world! The music is memorable (sometimes, I even whistle the main theme), the companions are memorable, and the stories are memorable! I know it gets a lot of hate for being the longest world, but that's probably partially because the last two worlds (Monquista and Valencia part 1) were so freaking short! Combined, they were probably the length of one normal world in pirate101. It was long so the game in the long run wasn't too short.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
At first Monquista, But now it's Florenza, Valencia.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Probably Monquista. All the traitorous monkeys get under my skin.

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Valencia pt 1. I just don't know why it just never really gave me the joy of the other worlds. Now that i think about i think a tomb was one of reasons why i don't like it. Another reason is the town above the tomb. Valencia pt 2 is good though.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
Monquista. I never look forward to going through it.

Ensign
Jan 16, 2015
I have to say, my least favorite worlds got to be Monquista