Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Anyone saw Donkey Hotay's puppet show test video?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, I just saw it, & I have to say, it's very nice to see an early concept video of what became today is Pirate101's Puppet Shows.

So, from the looks of it, I would presume the animation & art style was very different from the Puppet Shows' art style today, & while I understand that was all WIP, the style was albeit a bit slow-paced compared to others. The characters' faces & expressions look, well, a bit too realistic-like for being cartoon style, yet, like I said, it's from early stages.

Not surprised no sound was made, 'cause it was from the early stages & all.

My guess from watching that video's setting is what appears to be from Mr. Gandry's days in some Monquistan Navy in the early times or something, & he was trying to get that large Ape Sergeant (& no, people, it's not Gortez) from Monquista or something to even move or respond, with no response until a few seconds later. Though, that's just from my perspective, 'cause it was all really prototyping & such.

Nevertheless, it's nice for him to show that video to us. Good to showcase some early history from P101's earliest days in it's development. Gives people some inspiration & a lesson on it's development.

Donkey Hotay, if you're around, I want to give my thanks for showing that early Puppet Show concept video to us. I know you've been very busy with making more new shows to later new Books or previous Books, other than the usual monthly Puppet Pirates images, which, doesn't take long to create at all, honestly, yet, I get concerned about the current progress made at times.

However, I'm sure some more have been made & more are in the works right about now. I know you can't talk about that now, 'cause it's all from closed doors & such. I'm just only making sure it's still going forward.

Nevertheless, thanks again with that video you showed us! Still looking forward to seeing many more new shows you're making now, even though it's been over a year since your recent show about The Minotaur! Wonder what your newest shows will be like? I can only imagine, though, I'm sure they'll be your best ones yet.