Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Getting the same pet power twice

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
(just posted this in A Pirate's Life, and immediately realized there's a pet section)

Um, so there's a Grants Steadying Speech pet power that's Epic, and there's a Grants Steadying Speech pet power that's Ultra-Rare. Would it be possible to get the two on the same pet?

Ensign
Sep 01, 2008
Probably but the game mechanics most likely don't work in that way. But if it did it will stack based off how powers stack? Sorry I am like really not a person who should reply but I wanted you to know that your question was heard. :) Good luck man hope you get a direct answer.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I am guessing, but I think you should be able to place both on the same pet as they are rated as different rarity levels.

Only one of them at a time can actually buff you, though.

-Indigo

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Dec 20, 2015 wrote:
(just posted this in A Pirate's Life, and immediately realized there's a pet section)

Um, so there's a Grants Steadying Speech pet power that's Epic, and there's a Grants Steadying Speech pet power that's Ultra-Rare. Would it be possible to get the two on the same pet?
If your turn the tide theory* is correct, I would assume this is as well.

*Lucas speculates that since there are two grants, one labeled just 'Turn the Tide' and one named 'grants turn the tide' and both do the same thing, then you could get grants turn the tide 2 on a pet.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
In this case, the pet can have turn the tide, or the pet can grant the player turn the tide.