Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Groups of Friends

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
I think it would be cool if we could make a bunch groups to categorize all our friends, other than the one 'group' you can make and putting a star by their name. We could title the group whatever we want. Not sure if this makes sense, but I'm pressed for time. If your confused as to what I mean, let me know and I'll go into it with more detail.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Oct 12, 2015 wrote:
I think it would be cool if we could make a bunch groups to categorize all our friends, other than the one 'group' you can make and putting a star by their name. We could title the group whatever we want. Not sure if this makes sense, but I'm pressed for time. If your confused as to what I mean, let me know and I'll go into it with more detail.
How about "Core Friends" and let their star be red? However, if I had a Core friend and a Gold Star friend - what if that Gold Star friend asks me "Why don't you make me a Core Friend?' More division isn't needed.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Fearless Finnagan on Oct 12, 2015 wrote:
I see what you mean, and I think that could be fun! Perhaps a "Text Chat to Group" feature could be added. Like, if you wanted to farm a boss, you could send a message to each person in the group at one time rather than going to the friend list and sending the messages one by one.

It could make parties easier to host as well.

-Your Fearless Friend

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 13, 2015 wrote:
How about "Core Friends" and let their star be red? However, if I had a Core friend and a Gold Star friend - what if that Gold Star friend asks me "Why don't you make me a Core Friend?' More division isn't needed.
What I meant was, just having groups, no superiority ranking at all. ( e.x. having a group called 'Message Board Marauders' or 'Moo Manchu Farming Group'.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Oct 13, 2015 wrote:
I see what you mean, and I think that could be fun! Perhaps a "Text Chat to Group" feature could be added. Like, if you wanted to farm a boss, you could send a message to each person in the group at one time rather than going to the friend list and sending the messages one by one.

It could make parties easier to host as well.

-Your Fearless Friend
I was actually gonna put this in the original post but I forgot.

-Your Fearless Friend

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Very helpful. I have every single Level 65 starred on my friend list, and if I ever need someone to remove, they're all the way at the bottom. So if anyone happens to be both Lvl 65 and actually my friend, I can put them in a separate group.

Sorry to discriminate but max levels can be more valuable than noobs at times.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 13, 2015 wrote:
Oh no not more questions like this....! "Yeah, but which one of us do you 'like'?" lol Oh God.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Oct 15, 2015 wrote:
Oh no not more questions like this....! "Yeah, but which one of us do you 'like'?" lol Oh God.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Exactly my point, Dante.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I don't see any harm in adding a tag of some sort to our Friends List, like Pet Morphing Friend, Real Life Friend, Questing Buddy, or those sorts of ways to remember WHY you friended someone. Even Facebook realized that people have many degrees of friends and acquaintances in their lives. The same in true in games like this. I wish I had a crown for every time I've wondered why a certain name is there on my list.

I only Gold Star my characters from other accounts and fansite friends. Everyone else is one big mish-mosh.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
I star anybody with text chat. It's nothing personal, but it's easier to do dungeons and farming with people you can communicate with openly.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 15, 2015 wrote:
I don't see any harm in adding a tag of some sort to our Friends List, like Pet Morphing Friend, Real Life Friend, Questing Buddy, or those sorts of ways to remember WHY you friended someone. Even Facebook realized that people have many degrees of friends and acquaintances in their lives. The same in true in games like this. I wish I had a crown for every time I've wondered why a certain name is there on my list.

I only Gold Star my characters from other accounts and fansite friends. Everyone else is one big mish-mosh.
organized friends list yeppers love it
1) would like it where true friend codes are separate from main list total allowed amount(maybe 50 just for tfc)
2) when cleaning out friends list I'd like starred buddies at the bottom and casuel ones near the top
3) also would enjoy being able to tag icon for pets, dungeon farming, or ships
4) would love a separate area for temporary friends like 25ish that autodeletes once a week..that way if you just grouping for a port back to help a random in a boss battle or for hatching purposes its more efficient and can tell the person ahead of time that your regular friends list is full but you can add them to a temp list
5) if we star a buddy, then like to add a few(or all) of their other characters, be neat if their other lower level characters were listed under that main(first name we friended) character's name, and auto remove a lower character if they delete it
example for #5- stormy jen silver
fiery jewel dodger
reckless esmee devereoux
silver jasmine dove
sunny sierra walker
(secret ninja noob XD lol :P )
this wouldn't be restricted to above icons it'd be fine to auto-star as well but organized in drop down manner if possible is efficiency x10..EVEN better if it then counts as ONE on our friends list since its 1 account/same person vs as if its 6 people..

ty for listening
stormy jen silver