Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

In Defense of Swashbucklers

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Of all our powers the most complaints gather around Black Fog. Now Assassin's Shroud is coming under fire.
Do any of you PVP competitors realize that of all our powers only Assassin's Shroud and Black Fog can't be trained or gained by gear or pet grant?
Players can train Walk in Shadows or get Walk in Darkness from gear, you can then use these hides with Assassin's Strike or Back Stab and get the x2 weapon bonus + 2 rounds of bleeding. You can even get Assassin's Gloom or Mist from gear or pet grant!
Last I checked I can't get Discipline or Esprit for myself, I can't get Hail of Cannonballs. I can't get Reckless Frenzy ( heh, nvm, you guys can have it. ) But this is just to point out that every flippin' pirate class has a special power ( or two ) which is strong and defines the class as it is.
I'm not going to ask you to stop complaining ( as if that would even work ) I'm just asking you to consider what would happen if your powers were to come under fire?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 13, 2015 wrote:
Of all our powers the most complaints gather around Black Fog. Now Assassin's Shroud is coming under fire.
Do any of you PVP competitors realize that of all our powers only Assassin's Shroud and Black Fog can't be trained or gained by gear or pet grant?
Players can train Walk in Shadows or get Walk in Darkness from gear, you can then use these hides with Assassin's Strike or Back Stab and get the x2 weapon bonus + 2 rounds of bleeding. You can even get Assassin's Gloom or Mist from gear or pet grant!
Last I checked I can't get Discipline or Esprit for myself, I can't get Hail of Cannonballs. I can't get Reckless Frenzy ( heh, nvm, you guys can have it. ) But this is just to point out that every flippin' pirate class has a special power ( or two ) which is strong and defines the class as it is.
I'm not going to ask you to stop complaining ( as if that would even work ) I'm just asking you to consider what would happen if your powers were to come under fire?
My powers have come under fire.... basically pulled ripped and diluted. *Privateer feeling unloved*

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
My powers have come under fire.... basically pulled ripped and diluted. *Privateer feeling unloved*

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Aww, there, there, Dante. you still have many splendid powers that makes your team formidable indeed.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 13, 2015 wrote:
Atm the only buckler ONLY powers are gallant defense, gambit of steel, assassin's shroud, black fog, hurl blades, grand shadow dance, and plain shadow dance. And Anecorbie privateers can't afford there powers to be tossed around, are you suggesting bucks get enduring discipline? levy, enduring, whale might, highland charge=gg We need to realize atm the problem with buckler is we are weak to buck i can't see more power availability helping that at all, the ONLY solution atm is to better suit buckler for buck or to weaken buck. And really, hurl blades is op btw :P it finishes levy spammers.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Quite Jacques on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
Atm the only buckler ONLY powers are gallant defense, gambit of steel, assassin's shroud, black fog, hurl blades, grand shadow dance, and plain shadow dance. And Anecorbie privateers can't afford there powers to be tossed around, are you suggesting bucks get enduring discipline? levy, enduring, whale might, highland charge=gg We need to realize atm the problem with buckler is we are weak to buck i can't see more power availability helping that at all, the ONLY solution atm is to better suit buckler for buck or to weaken buck. And really, hurl blades is op btw :P it finishes levy spammers.
Nice to know that about hurl blades, but this post isn't about weakening any class, I think they are fine and balanced as they are. I was just pointing out that there are unique, powerful powers for each class.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
I agree Swashbucklers have been balanced enough through the companion buff making Buck's the bane of swashbuckler which is ironic as they were made to keep buck's in check funny enough. Shroud is pretty deadly yes, but it can easily be timed out through fort spamming or just bringing 1 WiD piece of gear and you can time out the whole 5 rounds of the curse.

No point complaining about Bucklers what we need to do is find a good suitable nerf to robes or buff to something else to counter robes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TechnomagePvP on Sep 15, 2015 wrote:
I agree Swashbucklers have been balanced enough through the companion buff making Buck's the bane of swashbuckler which is ironic as they were made to keep buck's in check funny enough. Shroud is pretty deadly yes, but it can easily be timed out through fort spamming or just bringing 1 WiD piece of gear and you can time out the whole 5 rounds of the curse.

No point complaining about Bucklers what we need to do is find a good suitable nerf to robes or buff to something else to counter robes.
Surprise! I agree, lol!

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010

Charm is banned
Chain Lightning doesn't chain
Stygian Chorus comes with hydra fangs
Davy Jones' Reach (tier 3 Hoodoo Touch) is actually pretty great.
Mojo Reaver is nice
Jobu's Embrace can help you clutch if you have more than one. It's pretty great.

This was originally a complaint but then those last 3...