Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why is my game running so slow?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 09, 2014
I just started a new character ( first ) as a ( musketeer ) and I'm wondering why is it running so slow.

Also, if there is a possible way to make your game run faster through the options, please tell me the recommended settings.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
One of the best ways that I know to speed up the game (and your computer) is to remove cookies that from web sites that you don't use regularly. Also, if you are sure that you don't want that cookie, usually you can set your web browser so the cookie never gets allowed.. Check you web browser's help section on how to do this.

Also, clear your cache that's in your web browser.

Defragmenting your computer can also speed up your computer since it will take less time to load files that are defragmented. Almost every time you load or run a file will cause it to become fragmented.

Another way is to only have the game window open and maybe a text editor. Don't open other browser windows as these are checked every so often if they are open and this will take time away from your game window.

The only setting that I know of that will speed up the game is to reduce the amount of time that your battle animation takes. Unless you insist on seeing the animation in all its glory, this setting will dramatically speed up all fight scenes if you set it to reduce the amount of time that your battle animation takes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
You can lower the graphics settings and the quality settings. That will speed things up considerably. :D Also, don't have any other programs running at the same time and it will help too. If you are still having troubles you can contact customer support and they can help you to send them stats on your computer and they can advise you with what is best to try.