Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Critical chance against obstacles

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
I'm thinking it's like a 50% chance? I frequently critical on blank squares, obstacles, and ally squares, but I hardly ever critical on a Buccaneer or Swashbuckler, even though I have a 25% chance with my 116 Will. I critical more on Witchdoctors and Privateers than I do on them. NEVER on Musketeers though.

Also, if you have no critical chance, meaning the target has more Strength/Agility/Will than you, can you still critical? I remember a troggy summon doing a critical hit on Diskylos one time...

Ensign
Jul 06, 2010
Since critical hits rely on how much more of something you have (strength, will, agility) then your opponent, it makes sense that criticals happen more often on obstacles. You see, obstacles have no strength, will, or agility because they aren't enemies ( or living things in general) so all the strength, will, or agility you have is that much more than the obstacle, causing you to critical much more often on them. This can be used to get a blade storm off on an enemy sometimes however, so it has some use. Hope this helped.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2010
Also, forgot to mention, yes you can critical on an enemy that has more strength/will/ agility then you. But you will not have the boost to critical that you would have if you had more strength/will/agility then them.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
VoidDrake070 on Sep 13, 2015 wrote:
Since critical hits rely on how much more of something you have (strength, will, agility) then your opponent, it makes sense that criticals happen more often on obstacles. You see, obstacles have no strength, will, or agility because they aren't enemies ( or living things in general) so all the strength, will, or agility you have is that much more than the obstacle, causing you to critical much more often on them. This can be used to get a blade storm off on an enemy sometimes however, so it has some use. Hope this helped.
Umm, I dont think blade storm/ Mojo Rising/Double tap can trigger after you destroy an obstacle, that would be pretty very abusable. At least I recall it didnt, maybe they changed it or it became a bug?