Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"GG"

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
we have all certainly played ranked PvP and we have obviously had our share of losses.
So after suffering enough defeat I realised all my opponents said "GG" at the end of the match

So my question is have you noticed this, do you say "GG" and is it noticed at different ranks?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
we have all certainly played ranked PvP and we have obviously had our share of losses.
So after suffering enough defeat I realised all my opponents said "GG" at the end of the match

So my question is have you noticed this, do you say "GG" and is it noticed at different ranks?
Win or lose I offer up a "GG", and if they have played exceptionally well, I mention that, too.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
i dont say gg when its someone i know as a friend, in which case i insult them in someway regardless of their performance, whether they win flawlessly or lose horribly, its just how i am with my good friends

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
i dont say gg when its someone i know as a friend, in which case i insult them in someway regardless of their performance, whether they win flawlessly or lose horribly, its just how i am with my good friends
I'll keep that in mind if ever we meet again, if you insult me, you like me!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I never say "GG"; I always offer up a "Good match!" instead because I personally hate "GG". It just annoys me for some reason.

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:

I say all gg most all my matches unless some thing luck based wins them the match like a super assassin or some thing along those lines

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
Win or lose I offer up a "GG", and if they have played exceptionally well, I mention that, too.
No one ever gives a "GG" to me when I beat them

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Wouldnt be surprised a good portion of people saying that dont know what it means :P

Ensign
Mar 17, 2011
i never really say it and i don't like people saying it to me i rather just leave then start my next match if i notice they did something that they could of won the game with i tell them that so next time we meet we can have a better fight

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Silver Angel on Aug 29, 2015 wrote:
Wouldnt be surprised a good portion of people saying that dont know what it means :P
for anyone seeing this thread and doesnt know what it means it means good game

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Silver Angel on Aug 29, 2015 wrote:
A lot of people say stuff and they don't know what it means I know that it stands for good game but everyone I vs use it in a I won you lost rubbing it in manner

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
A lot of people say stuff and they don't know what it means I know that it stands for good game but everyone I vs use it in a I won you lost rubbing it in manner
How do you know that they're being sarcastic? Is there a "sarcastic" mode to text chat? What if they're being sincere? Maybe it's because you're feeling bad about a loss that makes you think that they're "rubbing it in".

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
How do you know that they're being sarcastic? Is there a "sarcastic" mode to text chat? What if they're being sincere? Maybe it's because you're feeling bad about a loss that makes you think that they're "rubbing it in".
That could be the case. However some people will gg when you're still alive and have a companion left and it comes off as a bit presumptuous. I've learned from watching Starcraft games never to gg too early as it can be embarrassing if you lose, so I usually don't gg until the final blow if I think I'm going to win. Sometimes I say it like a surrender though.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
bluba4 on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
That could be the case. However some people will gg when you're still alive and have a companion left and it comes off as a bit presumptuous. I've learned from watching Starcraft games never to gg too early as it can be embarrassing if you lose, so I usually don't gg until the final blow if I think I'm going to win. Sometimes I say it like a surrender though.
They say it during match when they think they will win, sometimes they don't I laugh my head off though

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
bluba4 on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
Oh I hate it when they GG when you're still alive and not even in the red zone! I've turned the tables on two competitors when they were sure they had won ( lol ). I tell them "It's not over yet."
And sometimes I say GG when it's obvious to me, that I've lost.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:
If there's a sarcastic mode, I need to find it so I can use it 24/7.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
FireMorgan13 on Sep 1, 2015 wrote:
If there's a sarcastic mode, I need to find it so I can use it 24/7.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
- Immediately presses yar button