Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unfair advantages in ranked pvp

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 26, 2009
Hey guys, first time doing this, but I wanted to talk about how certain powers that are so overpowered(Black Fog) that it makes ranked games so unfair, including the fact that it hides everyone that are next to you for 5 rounds, until they attack, with the huge attack buff they have due to the power.How is that even fair? I mean sure, we can also learn the power. But it only hides us and not our companions and only for 3 rounds, and that goes the same for gear that provides hidden abilities(though I believe it can hide us for 5 rounds I believe). I am not saying the spell should be removed from the game but at least banned from pvp, ranked pvp at the most. It would actually make the matches more fair, especially if witch doctors and musketeers are going against a swashbucklers who has balck fog. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks! Level 65 Musketeer Bloody Dustin Chamberlain

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheDeadlyMusketeer on Aug 12, 2015 wrote:
Hey guys, first time doing this, but I wanted to talk about how certain powers that are so overpowered(Black Fog) that it makes ranked games so unfair, including the fact that it hides everyone that are next to you for 5 rounds, until they attack, with the huge attack buff they have due to the power.How is that even fair? I mean sure, we can also learn the power. But it only hides us and not our companions and only for 3 rounds, and that goes the same for gear that provides hidden abilities(though I believe it can hide us for 5 rounds I believe). I am not saying the spell should be removed from the game but at least banned from pvp, ranked pvp at the most. It would actually make the matches more fair, especially if witch doctors and musketeers are going against a swashbucklers who has balck fog. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks! Level 65 Musketeer Bloody Dustin Chamberlain
Ok lets talk about unfair advantages; yours specifically. Bombs, bombs and more bombs, traps, AoE shooting that doesn't require a target, barricades, Chantal's unlimited range sniper shot... shall I go on?
Every class has an advantage that makes them difficult to face for another class, and also disadvantages. Learn to use your advantages correctly and even Black Fog ( used once ) won't stop you. BTW, I haven't won against a musketeer yet, but I won't cry about their advantages, I'm going to keep trying until I discover a way to beat that class!
Banning isn't going to happen, if you go down that road, other players will start demanding banns against your signature powers!

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Think we have 5+ other threads similar to this but we all agree banning is not the answer

Ensign
Nov 26, 2009
I guess...I mean I can still hit them but the thing is my companions can't, and they usually fog in the first turn.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
This is why I hate this stuff. I really tried to get into the spirit but its really all vanity jury is still out though.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Keep in mind not only each class has it's own advantages and drawbacks, also each characters of the same class have it's strength and weakness as well. ( That is why I train all my characters gunnery and the claw, to counter sneak attack.)

The soultion is never give up and like my friend said one time " Fight On".

That quote means keep trying and have fun ( and be nice ).

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Black fog is a serious problem against witch doctors and I'll give an example
I went up against a max swashbuckler and his first turn he used black fog
Next turn I used big juju and got bonnie Anne and Zenna to shoot the boxes in the middle
The next turn he makes his way to me from the otherwise of the board completely avoiding the overwatches readied spells and repel boarders and the captain is next to me
So they all do devastating attacks bonnie Anne dies cat beard has 1000 health I have 1000 health and Zenna has 600 health
So he practically wins because they are all at full health I am at a super unrecoverable disadvantage and I go down only killing his fan Flanders. Oh and btw he used goronado, nausica and fan Flanders.

Ensign
Mar 22, 2010
I saw that the boost up don't stack anymore, but why does the valor's shield's and kraken's lament stack up?