Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I wonder...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
In some kind of expanded universe type of way between Pirate101 and Wizard101, mainly concerning the wizards, since the Armada outlawed magic, and hunts anyone who practices, doesn't that technically mean, that Wizard City is in some deep deep trouble, and if the Wizards know about this, or if they even concern themselves with the matter? And looking from the pirates perspecrive, do you think they where aware of the whole Morganthe matter going on? I mean, how could you not know about these things when one of them says you can't practice your lifes work while the other says, "I shall kill you all!" It just seems practical both of the two groups would concern themselves with the troubling matters. Just a thought. :)

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65

Ensign
Aug 09, 2013
I think the Armada only outlawed magic in the areas they own, and since Wizard City isn't part of the "New Valencian Empire" as I call it, I don't think they have anything to worry about, unless the armada tries to take over Wizard City. I have no doubts the Armada knows about all of this, but they have their hands full dealing with us Pirates. :P

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I believe that the worlds we pirates inhabit are also on the 'outer fringes' of the Spiral; Wizard City ( founded around the Grandfather Tree, Bartleby ) is in the center of the spiral, or it is if you look at the Spiral Map in Celestia.

Ensign
Jul 13, 2009
TheHoodooQueen on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
In some kind of expanded universe type of way between Pirate101 and Wizard101, mainly concerning the wizards, since the Armada outlawed magic, and hunts anyone who practices, doesn't that technically mean, that Wizard City is in some deep deep trouble, and if the Wizards know about this, or if they even concern themselves with the matter? And looking from the pirates perspecrive, do you think they where aware of the whole Morganthe matter going on? I mean, how could you not know about these things when one of them says you can't practice your lifes work while the other says, "I shall kill you all!" It just seems practical both of the two groups would concern themselves with the troubling matters. Just a thought. :)

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
I believe that the worlds we pirates inhabit are also on the 'outer fringes' of the Spiral; Wizard City ( founded around the Grandfather Tree, Bartleby ) is in the center of the spiral, or it is if you look at the Spiral Map in Celestia.
Yes but the Valencian map of the Spiral suggests otherwise. they say that they're the ones in the middle.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Fearless Finnagan on Jul 21, 2015 wrote:
Yes but the Valencian map of the Spiral suggests otherwise. they say that they're the ones in the middle.
Yes, and the Marleybonean spiral map shown in the war room has Marleybone in the centre of the spiral.
Each civilization likes to think themselves to be the centre of the Spiral. But really, only Wizard City makes sense since that is where Bartlbey, the world tree is.

As for the original question, I doubt the pirates really know anything at all about Morganth or the issues that the Wizards are dealing with. To me, the wizards seem to be set up as a sort of Peace Keeper of the Spiral, kinda like the Jedi Knights. They're powerful people, but they don't get involved in everything that's going on. They only deal with the big things.

We know from Mooshu that our current story arc runs roughly at the same time as the first Wizard arc. So...while we're out rebelling against the Valencian army, the wizards are more concerned about stopping Malistair from awakening the Fire Titan. To them, an army of clockworks is nothing to be worried about. Just think about how many golems the wizards take down in Marleybone alone. (I wonder if that impacted the war effort?)

Within pirates, we can tell that the Wizards are thought of as great mysterious beings, hence Gracie's mention of 'Wizard Magic' like it's something far more than what a witchdoctor can do. I think that Kane and the Armada know that they are no match against a group of real Wizards. I think that Kane knows it would be a terrible mistake to ever anger the Wizards of Wizard City. How well do you think a wood, metal, and piano wire golem would do against a fire, storm, or ice wizard let alone an entire city of wizards.