Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How to counter hidden?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
Right now I think I am head over heels about pvp because it seems like in every match I am in there is a swashbuckler that does some of the following.
- Goes hidden and moves across the board to avoid me hitting them and kills me
- Goes hidden and heals themselves and once again kills me
- Use any companions that have hidden to kill me and my companions
What I am basically saying is how do you counter this? I know mojo blast still works when they are hided but its not certain I will get it in my hand before they kill me. My health is fine for a witchdoctor and my gear is near perfect.
David Percy

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
David percy on Jun 15, 2015 wrote:
Right now I think I am head over heels about pvp because it seems like in every match I am in there is a swashbuckler that does some of the following.
What I am basically saying is how do you counter this? I know mojo blast still works when they are hided but its not certain I will get it in my hand before they kill me. My health is fine for a witchdoctor and my gear is near perfect.
David Percy
There is no 'counter' to Hides, the best you can do is reduce damage:
Try making them use auto talents to remove the hidden. For example: Sarah Steele has Repel Boarders so sending someone into her area would trigger it, if this works the damage from that attack will be less than her epic attacks.
Fan Flanders has flanking. Bonnie Anne usually has overwatch ( if fact many musketeer companions are trained in this.)
Target the healers and buffers first.
If you see that they have hidden and you know you're the target shadowstep far, far away.
If you have any damage reducing powers, use them.
Use a Hide yourself.
( I know I'm going to get an argument about this, but this is my best advice. )

Ensign
Mar 14, 2014
I myself have a swashbuckler and there is hardly any way to counter hidden but there is one way and that way is to get purge magic if you want to avoid it completely anyways and the other way is to stack up on defenses so you don't die right away just a couple of ideas and another idea is to get a pet that has scent and make sure they are close to you so when they try to attack their hidden goes away

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
as a witch dr idk how you can stop fog, as a privy i put myself in a corner and cover myself in companions, i buff arms, espirit, discipline, and zeal right before they hit along with a fort on baar to make sure they cant hit besides their powers, i then rely on baar to carry my entire team up to the point where its just the buckler, i then fort spam and hope they dont kill me

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
First things first, get some gear that gives Forts and Absorbs, use Valor Shield on one companion, Fort the other 2 (Get 2 pieces of fort gear)

Also spam the Grizzly Beast Bear packs until you get the 3 star version of the Beast Banner, also get Nefarious Staff from the tower. The idea is to protect your companions with the Forts/Shield and absorb them if they get too low (NEVER ABSORB IF YOUR OPPONENT IS HIDDEN, If the absorb doesn't break when the hidden players hits it, it wont remove the hidden) Use Nefarious Staff+Beast Banner to not only get up some scorpions that deal nice damage later on if they survive but also from Blue they stall you another turn of Fog.

Also remember to get a Leviathan's Call piece of gear for your Pirate as well, try to save 2 Protections for your Pirate.... For companions I recommend Nausica, Baar, and Bonnie. Nausica has some nice stats and deals amazing damage, she gets 3 guranteed hits and is a musket for later on so the chances of her missing even a high dodge stats Buckler is low even through Toro's buff if they bring him. Baar gives you 3 reduce acc's and 2 of them reduce dodge as well, he has 2 extra summons which help deal amazing damage and again stall your opponents hidden out. Bonnie is a great final choice because once again you brought Baar but she has a reduce dodge AoE which is great to give Baar some advantage there and if he gets into tide, he ain't missing! She gives a heal as well which is great since the idea is to time out/survive the Black Fog. She has also that nice melee hit for guaranteed if she gets reduced so you don't waste a turn! :)

Additional Stuff:
- Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu
Amazing Robe, helps stall
- Yohr/Keisuke
Hidden is the best way to counter hidden, you already are almost guranteed with Moo Robe+Banner 3 turns (1 for them to move) of stalling Hidden, this gives the 2 turn hidden out lasting the Fog.

This is how you as a Witch counter hidden, proven to work by even the top Witch himself...

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
David percy on Jun 15, 2015 wrote:
David Percy
All you have to do is use the power that slows down movement not sure what the name is but use it on the swashbuckler and they won't beable to get to you and all you have to do is use your long range attacks and aoe hits and it's pretty much game for the buckler if your doing Avery pvp

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
Thanks for all these suggestions and I will use all of them.
David Percy

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
What companions do you use? I am a witchdoctor, and the companions that do best for me are El Toro, Goronado, and Ratbeard, all lined up in front of me. If you don't have Goronado, you could use Kan Po or a Presidio companion (Lucky Jack Russel, Milo Graytail, Dead Mike, Gaspard de Vole, Birgus Latro). They all have super strikes, and you can take down one enemy right away if you have all 3 companions in the same place. Also, Gracie Conrad is a very good defensive companion. I would not recommend using Witchdoctor or Musketeer companions against Swashbucklers though. Defense is key here.

Also, Ratbeard, El Toro, and Monkey King can all be trained First Strike 3, which can detect and cancel Hidden, if you want full defense for your team.

Corrupt Lucas Vries
__Level 65
__Underworlder