Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FrogFather Friday -- What Art to Display?

AuthorMessage
Developer
Whaddayano, it’s my old Pirate-y friends back to pay their Frogfather a visit! There’s a lotta hop, skip, and jumpin’ goin’ on here around the ol’ lily pad, and not just Max tryin’ to do some . . . spring cleaning. Yeah, that’s what they call it. Spring cleaning . . . with a whole lot of concrete and power tools. Capiche?

So, let’s talk about things that are . . . hidden. The Frogfather understands the need to be clandestine when the need arises. One cannot be completely transparent when taking care of business sometimes. Sometimes you need to serve out just desserts and . . . mmm . . . something sweet sounds good right now, doesn’t it Pirates? Honey covered flies . . . oh yeah . . . dessert is my favorite meal of the day. Maybe I should cut down to mind the waistline? FROGETTABOUTIT! Just look at the Frogfather here: I’m a perfect amphibious specimen, right?

But, hey, back to the matter at hand. I’ve heard rumors about new and powerful things to be obtained in some very off-the-beaten-path places. These birdies tweetin’ in my ear about it were very vague about the nature of said booty, so I’ve sent my best lackeys to check out all the hidden corners of Skull Island. The thought of something new and exciting . . . mmmm, that thought tastes like plump, fresh gnats in my bug soufflé!

All this talk of tasty morsels is making me a little hungry. You won’t like me when I’m hungry! OK then . . . let’s move along to something more pleasurable, the finer things in life. While a frog’s gotta do what a frog’s gotta to do to get by in this rough and tumble world of Pirate eat Pirate, it doesn’t mean that one can’t take a step back and find a great appreciation for beauty, and not just the beauty of a pile of doubloons as high as the eye can see.

A ship sailing into a stormy Valencian skyway, great warriors poised for battle at the Ancient Palace of Knossos . . . these are some things that bring me boatloads of happiness to look at. We have some of the finest artists around the Spiral, and while I certainly try to surround myself in it, it’s been brought to my attention that maybe there should be more art around the Spiral. Come to think of it, I seem to have . . . missed my invitation to sit for a portrait. I may have to . . . kindly suggest to some people around here that it’s worth their while, ya know what I mean? Like I said before, Just look at the Frogfather here: I’m a perfect amphibious specimen, right? Right?!

Well, you certainly can’t say that the Frogfather doesn’t listen to reason, there’s no one alive in these parts that would say that, so maybe look for more of that for you to decorate your humble abode. Frogfather’s honor.

On that note, I need to see a horse about a dog, so I’ll just leave you with a question. What sort of art would you like to see on display?

Cha Cha Caio,

The Frogfather

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Ensign
Jul 20, 2012
I would like to see a Book 15 art work? Like in the Test realm?

Ensign
Feb 23, 2014
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Frogfather on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
Whaddayano, it’s my old Pirate-y friends back to pay their Frogfather a visit! There’s a lotta hop, skip, and jumpin’ goin’ on here around the ol’ lily pad, and not just Max tryin’ to do some . . . spring cleaning. Yeah, that’s what they call it. Spring cleaning . . . with a whole lot of concrete and power tools. Capiche?

So, let’s talk about things that are . . . hidden. The Frogfather understands the need to be clandestine when the need arises. One cannot be completely transparent when taking care of business sometimes. Sometimes you need to serve out just desserts and . . . mmm . . . something sweet sounds good right now, doesn’t it Pirates? Honey covered flies . . . oh yeah . . . dessert is my favorite meal of the day. Maybe I should cut down to mind the waistline? FROGETTABOUTIT! Just look at the Frogfather here: I’m a perfect amphibious specimen, right?

But, hey, back to the matter at hand. I’ve heard rumors about new and powerful things to be obtained in some very off-the-beaten-path places. These birdies tweetin’ in my ear about it were very vague about the nature of said booty, so I’ve sent my best lackeys to check out all the hidden corners of Skull Island. The thought of something new and exciting . . . mmmm, that thought tastes like plump, fresh gnats in my bug soufflé!

All this talk of tasty morsels is making me a little hungry. You won’t like me when I’m hungry! OK then . . . let’s move along to something more pleasurable, the finer things in life. While a frog’s gotta do what a frog’s gotta to do to get by in this rough and tumble world of Pirate eat Pirate, it doesn’t mean that one can’t take a step back and find a great appreciation for beauty, and not just the beauty of a pile of doubloons as high as the eye can see.

A ship sailing into a stormy Valencian skyway, great warriors poised for battle at the Ancient Palace of Knossos . . . these are some things that bring me boatloads of happiness to look at. We have some of the finest artists around the Spiral, and while I certainly try to surround myself in it, it’s been brought to my attention that maybe there should be more art around the Spiral. Come to think of it, I seem to have . . . missed my invitation to sit for a portrait. I may have to . . . kindly suggest to some people around here that it’s worth their while, ya know what I mean? Like I said before, Just look at the Frogfather here: I’m a perfect amphibious specimen, right? Right?!

Well, you certainly can’t say that the Frogfather doesn’t listen to reason, there’s no one alive in these parts that would say that, so maybe look for more of that for you to decorate your humble abode. Frogfather’s honor.

On that note, I need to see a horse about a dog, so I’ll just leave you with a question. What sort of art would you like to see on display?

Cha Cha Caio,

The Frogfather
Concept art of the coming update will only satisfy my educated eye, FrogFather. Your 'offerings' leave me cold and un-hoppy.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
I'd like to see a picture of Nelson, Dogget, and Kearns playing poker.. sitting next to me as I eagerly play Book 15 in the Test Realm.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Preferably something about or related to Book 15 please.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
With all due respect, Frogfather, Artwork on display? Do mean in a museum? Do you mean new housing items? Do you mean fan art on the blog? Do you mean new backgrounds for the website? Or do you mean statues and fruit bowls or metal sculptures and wrought iron gates? Performance Art? Jewelry?

The ENTIRE GAME is ART!

Art can mean many different things to different people, so asking players what sort of art they want to see is like asking what they are going to wear today -- It is as individual a question and can even depend on the day.

I'm afraid I'll have to side with the others who say - we'd like to see some concept art for upcoming content, please.

Ensign
Jul 20, 2009
What are these new powerful items and where can we obtain them?/ Are you talking about the next update are is there new items now we can try to obtain?? Getting tired of waiting on this update I play wizard 101 and Pirate 101 in fact i have three accounts of wizard and two of pirate and have for years. I play my wife plays and my kids play and though i have enjoyed both games waiting for this update for this long is driving me crazy lolhope it comes out soon

Ensign
Nov 05, 2009
How about some tapestry portals?? Those from wizards have some attractive landscapes and the frames are adorned with pretty frills

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
The Frogfather on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:

Cha Cha Caio,

The Frogfather
I would like to see concept art about our next story update, though, I would like to see the quest items we get throughout our "defeat and collect" quests have original art that reflects their descriptions, both from our quest goals, & the NPCs, to replace the bag images as the quest items. Would be nice to see more quest items to receive original art instead of these bag images in more major story quests.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I'd absolutely love to see the original designs for some companions!

And Book 15 because I can't wait anymore.

Ensign
Feb 19, 2010
I love books and the number 15 :D

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
Do you mean as furnature items? Portraits of companions would be nice.

Ensign
Mar 09, 2014
Arrrrt...? Hmm Book 15 seems a little vague so I was really thinking of seeing Valencian ships. I have seen them in the puppet shows, and it is definitely a confirmed world. I would really like to see an actual ship though in HD or you know on screen. Plus it would be weird not to give us a Valencian ship later on... right? (Nvm that's a question later for some gameplay that hasn't been released.)

-Sly Justin Young lvl 65 Musketeer

Ensign
Jan 21, 2013
Some Book 15 artwork would be very nice to see!

Au Revoir

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Welcome to all the new posters. Welcome to the Message Boards. You are now official Message Board Marauders.

Community Leader
I would love to see Companion portraits. How about some pictures of islands? Maybe Moo tower? Of course Art works of ships and skyways. How about a Marleybone turret.

I have seen some amazing pieces already I want in my pirate hideout. Governors Mansion has some fantastic pieces. So does many places in MB.

Who do I talk to about getting that stove from the Governors mansion? Yes I want it with all the pots too.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Can we get some concept art on the female armada elite?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I really enjoy the art found throughout the Spiral & wouldn't mind seeing some of these added.

General
'Moving Pictures' of each Spiral world, as seen when passing through storm gates.
Sand globes of the Spiral worlds, that we interact with & watch the sparkling sand float around

Skull Island
Aerial view of the Ancient Ruins
Painting of the cliffs as you sail through Corsair's Cove (showing Aztecosaur ruins)
Painting of Gortez's throne room with him sitting high upon the throne
Mermaid Statue on Bounty Island
Picture of St. Fido's Church in Port Regal
Picture of Catbeard's Lair (stone entrance)
Picture of Waponi Wi Volcano
Aerial view painting of The Presidio
Bronze Prawn Statues, like found in Master's Lair

Monquista
Portraits of Queen Isadore & King Fernando, as found in their Royal Throne Room
Aerial view painting of La Mancha with portrait insert of Donkey Hotay
Monkey Friar statues
Monquistadors holding axes, statues
Picture of the wreck of The Cornelius

Cool Ranch
Statue of Dos Amigos Y Uno
Statue of Don Rodrigo
Painting of Elder Bluff
Painting of Thunderbird Temple
Aerial picture of Traveling Medicine Show
Picturing displaying the battle with Deacon in Motherlode Mine
Life size 'spooky' hologram of Captain Blood
Totem pole with Brother Owl, Brother Wolf & Sister Snake

MooShu
Portrait of the Nefarious 5 'sharing a drink' with Moo Manchu
Aerial view of Hamamitsu Garden
Statue of Friar Sand
Picture of the waterfall where El Toro catches his boot
Stormzilla statue & egg artifact
Paintings of all of the interiors of the Guardian temples at Maruzame Castle

Marleybone
Picture of the wreck of the Victory
Hologram of Meowiarty
A War Golem stove/fireplace
Painting of The Central Core, complete with moving gears and Ratty's pistons
Painting of Airedale Pier

Aquila
Painting showing The Vault of Mysteries
Scylla hologram
Portrait of the Sirens in Anthemusa
Aerial view painting of the Labyrinth
Statue of Medusa
Many of the portraits found within the Aquilian Palaces

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
Here are some I'd like to see:

Aquils as during his reign as Emporer

Somewhere Valencia (Pre-Armada?)

Aztecan cave carving of a BIG, lurking, purple rock in the sky. (Hopefully you know what I mean.)
(Oh and maybe another cave carving of some shadowy lady with dark hair?)
Cool Ranch painting of Miranda (preferably before it got a 10 on the Spookovibe Scale.)

A young Avery portrait.

Duck of Death Painting and/ or statue

New Monquistan Empire Banners

Wizard City painting

Kane Tapestry/Armada Elite Tapestry

Krokotopia during a very... scaley time.

Tapestry of His Imperial Majesty.

Quentin Davenport, lvl 65

Marcus Davenport, lvl 43

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
MythSince08 on Jun 13, 2015 wrote:
I love books and the number 15 :D
I like your style.... I find it very encouraging to continue a piratical tail that hasn't been continued in years!!! (I feel very safe saying that this is the longest wait for the extension for the story line in both Pirate101 AND Wizard101, ever!!)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Greetings, Frogfather... I feel that I've just awoken from a long sleep with a lovely dream of a lively, happy town set in a rather Monquistan setting, where everyone was dancing. It was all very beautiful, with such color and warmth, interspersed with a mysterious forest where a noble, romantic old knight (admittedly, dressed rather peculiarly) dreamed he saw faeries and a vision of his lady, Dulcinea. Needless to say, all the faeries and their associates danced too!

But now, back in the pirate world, I am delighted by your question, because I love beautiful things, and I would dearly like to have beautiful pieces of art to hang on the walls of my house and my ship cabin. Exactly what the subjects are, it doesn't matter. It would be delightful to have something of imitations of the Old Masters -- you know, those great historical artists of Valencia, Marleybone, Polaris, that sort of thing.

I would like to imagine that perhaps we 'rescue' some of those works of art from Valencian Armada ships , for I expect that the Armada, knowing the value of things even if they don't care for those things themselves, is plundering the artworks of their nation to sell to unscrupulous (or unaware) buyers in order to fund their ever increasing war effort. Stopping such villainous efforts and obtaining beautiful works -- what could be better for a pirate of good intentions!

Petty Officer
Jun 13, 2013
More Valencia art, stuff with a lot of clouds