Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggestions for gameplay improvement

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 23, 2012
I decided to do this because, although I love everything about P101, there are a few things I would like to see improve. I'm not talking about changing game mechanics, only the things that can make a pirate's life a little better. First off:

BOMBS: when enemies drop bombs on you and they are on the ground, there is no way of telling how many bombs occupy that one space. If you mouse over one of them, it shows how many turns the bombs will stay, but that's all. What I would like to see is how many bombs I'm about to walk over to get to where I'm going. What would be real nice, would be, when you mouse over one, to see a list of what type of bombs are in the one space, so that way I could determine if there is a chance of a knock back.

Menu Options: I like the drop down menu options that we have but one improvement I would like to see, the initial page. Whether you are on the companion's page or the pet page or your backpack, the page takes up most of the screen. If there is a way to minimize the page, I haven't found it yet. Allot of times, when feeding pets or changing gear, something always happens that I miss...like a friend trying to talk to me or the group I'm running with takes off without me.. so I thought maybe a way to make the page somewhat transparent. Like, while your mouse is hovering on the page it will stay solid but once your mouse goes to the side of the page it will be see thru.

Companion's Epics: When we enter an epic battle and are given the option of what companions to use, if you mouse over a companion in your list, it will show what epics are on said companion. But it doesn't show what rank of the epic it has. For example: if I have burst fire 2 on Bonnie, it only shows the burst fire icon below her portrait, not what rank the burst fire has. I only bring this up because I change epics on my companions like I change my socks, quite often, and I forget what ranks they have.

These are just a few things I would love to see improvements on. Any thoughts on the matter would be helpful or if you have some pet peeves on some things in P101 (I'm not referring to bed rest or pvp balancing) you would like to see changed, post them here.

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
About Epics: I don't even look at my companions epics in this situation, but if you are into strategy and want to know what a bosses talents are compared to you companions, I say it would be a good change
About Bombs: Yeah, I would like too know if it's a super bomb (knock-back) or a normal bomb. (Plus tempest animation is so much like hail of cannonballs)
About Menu Options: Let's just say I get into too many "sky beastie" fights when looking at my companions.
-Noble John Parker, Level 65 ('Til Siren Voices Wake Us)
-Dark John, Level 39 (Steal from the Rich)
-Black Lily, Level 15 (Hook, Line, and Sinker)