Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Counterpart Companions - Keisuke Yagi

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 21, 2011
So I have been deciding whether to purchase a counterpart Kan Po. I really like the riposte and relentless that Kan Po has, but alas, he is one of the companions that no one else can get other than Witchdoctors . I So I decided to choose to buy Keisuke Yagi rather than creating a new Witchdoctor character just to gain a companion a really like.
Finally, I just wanted to ask the community of Pirate101, if it is a good idea to purchase this companion. And if anyone has any information on the subject pertaining to these questions, it would be great if you could answer them:
  • is the Epic Strike going to be the only power that he will have?
  • when will be his promotions (level)
  • will he be gaining new Epic Talents (I want Riposte, Relentless, etc.)?
  • I am currently level 44, so do you recommend me purchasing this companion this early/late into the game?

I appreciate anyone who has taken their time to read my message. I believe this is also my first time posting a message on the boards, so please don't criticize me on my mistakes and failures.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
WinnieHutJr on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
So I have been deciding whether to purchase a counterpart Kan Po. I really like the riposte and relentless that Kan Po has, but alas, he is one of the companions that no one else can get other than Witchdoctors . I So I decided to choose to buy Keisuke Yagi rather than creating a new Witchdoctor character just to gain a companion a really like.
Finally, I just wanted to ask the community of Pirate101, if it is a good idea to purchase this companion. And if anyone has any information on the subject pertaining to these questions, it would be great if you could answer them:
  • is the Epic Strike going to be the only power that he will have?
  • when will be his promotions (level)
  • will he be gaining new Epic Talents (I want Riposte, Relentless, etc.)?
  • I am currently level 44, so do you recommend me purchasing this companion this early/late into the game?

I appreciate anyone who has taken their time to read my message. I believe this is also my first time posting a message on the boards, so please don't criticize me on my mistakes and failures.
So I would say that this is one of the best companions in the game, and that you should totally get him. He gets Walk in Shadows, Rally, and Super Strike. He gets reposte, relentless, blade storm, repel boarders and flanking as options for epics (I think, I have not looked at the wiki). He promotes at the same time as your starter companion would. Normally I would say to wait until you are level 65 to get him, as he will then be above max level, but frankly as the new book is coming soon, and that will most likely be raised, I would go for now.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Hello, WinnieHutJr, welcome to the message boards!

Keisuke Yagi is great. What is your pirate's class? I got KY for my swashbuckler, and to me, he is a must-have for swashbucklers.

KY's promotions are at Level 13, where he becomes a Disciple, learns Rouse, and gains 2 Epics, and Level 47, where he becomes a Master, upgrades Rouse to Rally, and learns cast in Shadows.

KY's epics are, when learning: Riposte 2, Relentless, Blade Storm, Repel Borders, and Flanking. I recommend using Riposte, Relentless 2, and Blade Storm.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your new companion!

-Black Wolf Bowman Level 65

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I call Yagi Bruce Lee. He's insane in a good way.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey