Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A question about the Golden Sky Dragon

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have finally managed to morph a Golden Sky Dragon, but its pedigree is awful! A mere 197, will it be worth my time to train it or should I attempt a better morph?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:
I have finally managed to morph a Golden Sky Dragon, but its pedigree is awful! A mere 197, will it be worth my time to train it or should I attempt a better morph?
Well congratulations on getting a new Golden Sky Dragon Esperanza! Since training a pet to adult only takes a couple of days, providing you can be in-game enough to keep the training rolling along (especially at lower levels), I would recommend going ahead and training that critter up. I have a couple of Golden Dragons over 600 pedigree and I'd be happy to morph it with your Golden Dragon when it hits adult. That way you will be guaranteed to get a Golden Dragon back and it will get a pretty nice pedigree jump-- probably 200-300 points, hopefully. From there you could either train the newer one up and be perfectly content with it or we could morph again to give it another boost and mix in some higher ranked traits as well.

Sometimes just getting the desired pet/hybrid is the more tedious part and usually there are already other players out there that have really high pedigree pets of the same type.Then you can easily get the pedigree jump(a), while guaranteeing actually getting the "right" pet back-- excluding special hybrids that can't reproduce themselves. You may try for the Golden another 5, 10, 20 or more times and possibly not get it or get one with just slightly higher pedigree than the original, and in the meantime you could have already trained the original to adult and morphed it with a near max Golden Dragon, receiving a bigtime pedigree boost.

So, I would vote on keeping and training it, then asking another pirate and/or friend (possibly even one with a green samoorai suit with horns on his head) to go for a nice pedigree boost. And I'd certainly be happy to do that as I'm sure many others would as well.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
* golden sky dragon* feeling unloved and unwanted

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
No, no its not unloved or unwanted! I was going to keep it, since not only is it beautiful but it also took so darn long to get it! I just didn't want to train it if a better pedigree was possible by continuing to morph with the original parents!
And thank you, Valkoor, I'll 'pop in' on you one day soon with an adult GSD!
BTW her name is "Belle"

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:
* golden sky dragon* feeling unloved and unwanted
* gives a ship made of chocolete * here you go

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
dragonmaster1236 on Jan 27, 2015 wrote:
* gives a ship made of chocolete * here you go
Chocolate is very bad for dragons, I'll eat it!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:
No, no its not unloved or unwanted! I was going to keep it, since not only is it beautiful but it also took so darn long to get it! I just didn't want to train it if a better pedigree was possible by continuing to morph with the original parents!
And thank you, Valkoor, I'll 'pop in' on you one day soon with an adult GSD!
BTW her name is "Belle"
You are very welcome. Any time, any pet, any realm, any request-- always glad to help.

And Belle is quite a fine name for such a majestic pet. I have several of the beauties with various names, but for some reason I seem to call them all Goldie Hawn...hmmm, could be a possible hybrid combo- Golden Sky Dragon and Faun Fawn-- voila, Goldie Fawn.

Also as a side note...I wanted to try to have the best Golden to offer up, if you did seek a morphing for that pedigree boost, that is-- so I now have a couple 680-700 pedigree GSD training up (plus it was one I wanted to max, that was already close). Some have already expressed various decent traits. Just come-a-portin' when little Belle is of age.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Dragons I know have a great love of stories, wine, and jewels. But since we only have yum in this world, unless somebody in the yakooza can find us some sake, I'll have to drink on her behalf. The news of keeping such a grand animal calls for the opening of my personal stash. Drinks all around! May she be blessed with many children who shine as golden as her!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have morphed a second GSD with a slightly better pedigree! This time 207, I'll continue training the first as well as the new baby.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 29, 2015 wrote:
I have morphed a second GSD with a slightly better pedigree! This time 207, I'll continue training the first as well as the new baby.
Congrats to ya on the new, higher pedigree offspring. The offer shall, of course, remain steadfast and the "happy to help" part too.

Just let me know if you'd like to try morphing some time, once either or both hit adult. At 207, we should be able to jump up to 500+, using a 700 with nice grants/traits expressed that also are not in Goldie's trait line. Of course useful traits too.

Happy training!