Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companions- targeted?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 07, 2013
I have been playing Pirate101 for a long time, and I noticed that in combat, the enemies sometimes gang up on one companion. Is this a bug, because if it is i will put it in the Bilge Pump.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Athena Wisdom God on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
I have been playing Pirate101 for a long time, and I noticed that in combat, the enemies sometimes gang up on one companion. Is this a bug, because if it is i will put it in the Bilge Pump.
Nope

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It's not a bug the game's AI recognizes them as the 'weak link' in your crew.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Not a bug. It is the game's AI or artificial intelligence calculating what is the greatest threat to them or the easiest target to hopefully ensure their survival. They purposefully gang up because it works lol. We do the same thing to them . Thank goodness we think a bit faster than even Ratbeard's AI program.

Ensign
May 09, 2013
I don't think that it's a bug. I get it quite often. I believe that is a result of a companion either drawing threat from the enemy (thus they gang up on him/her); or the companion has lower health, making it an ideal target to get rid of first.

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
Yes, It's so annoying. I was playing my privateer. Ensign Emmett was getting hit. I put a spirit shield on him. NO ONE ATTACKED HIM FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE BATTLE!

All enemies seem to go for 1 companion, then another, then another, then me.
It's just game mechanics

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
This happens to me a lot, especially in Mooshu. I think that as you progress in the game, the enemies get more strategic.

Fearless Finnagan lvl 54

Ensign
Apr 21, 2012
I have seen them go mainly after the first mate and some occasions to gang up only the lowest health companion.

*castanets playing* The Santa Pollo Caballero Salty Seamus

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
It isn't a bug, enemies like going for the most threatning member on your team.

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
No, I don't think this is a bug, it happens to me all the time on my buccaneer - I have the talent Loud (+10 threat generation) and yet the enemies act if I was harmless and mob my Kobe Yojimbo and all the other companions until I am left. It's annoying, I know

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
The AI sensibly targets those of their enemy party that have the greatest likelyhood to injure them, which typically also are the ones most vulnerable to attack... Bonnie Anne, Sarah Steele, Kobe, ect... generally they tend to go for your musketeers, witchdoctors, and swashbucklers (and about in that order too, though Sarah seems to be a special magnet for attack ). I also observe that the AI 'notices' wounded individuals, and actively seeks to take them out first, which of course, is what we are doing too. It is very good tactics, and thus very good programming also.