Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Here Comes Trouble" Quest Improvement Thoughts

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Hi!

It's nothing big that the side quest given by Trouble Tomkins in Gullet after completing "Quid Pro Quo" is really a fine side quest. However, I have this to say, about the whole quest...

The Abandoned Homestead instance from that quest is currently a "one & done" thing after defeating it's skeletal enemies there, & from my perspective, I think this should be re-playable afterwards, instead of the instance being one & done after it's only fight. It's not really a thrill to have it being a one & done thing, especially for those who seek for more good loot there.

Plus, I've thoughts about that quest's storyline. It feels like it need to have some more depth, adventure & lore than it should be. I know that Tomkins has been seeking to get his great-grandmother's Magic Lamp that was hailed from Krokotopia, so I was thinking that through the years, the Magic Lamp was likely wielded by many Krokotopians that were either good-hearted to do good to all the inhabitants or twisted & crooked conquerors who sought to rule Krokotopia under their dark will, & heavy tensions related to that Lamp turned into a large war that damaged their world more than they thought, & during it, the Lamp was presumed lost in the conflict & was believed to be gone forever until it was founded by his great-grandmother. Later on, she presumably hid the Lamp somewhere in Skull Island to keep it away from those who seek to misuse it, & through the years, it was relocated throughout the events that had it placed in the Abandoned Homestead that would be found by Pirates.

I know that this quest is for low-level Pirates & above, yet still, I've been thinking that the instance should be remade into a longer, more complete adventure & should be filled with many Krokotopia-related assets & new custom made chamber rooms added to that instance, E.G. caves by finding an open passage through a big hole in a wall in the Abandoned Homestead after the battle with the skeletal enemies, including new Krokotopia-themed enemies & bosses, such as undead Krokotopian Mummies, twisted Krok Pharaoh spirits & a living crooked Krokotopian that is selfishly hoarding the Lamp for dark desires that spells out doom as that instance's brand-new final boss at that instance's conclusion, complete with a new instance quest of it's own upon entry & a Second Chance Chest after that final boss' defeat for it's unique loot drops made & added there.

Well, trying to get the Magic Lamp from Krokotopia shouldn't have to be that easy than it is today, right? I know it shouldn't.

Regardless, I would kindly ask of you to revisit that quest & the instance & improve the story & revise that instance into a reasonably lengthy adventure with more lore, better storyline, improved pacing, & more value, like how the Skull Island Expansion did to the three rat quests before.

What do you think, Pirates? Should that quest receive improvements? I would like to see that made. Please make it so, P101 team!

Thanks again for hearing me!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
Hi!

It's nothing big that the side quest given by Trouble Tomkins in Gullet after completing "Quid Pro Quo" is really a fine side quest. However, I have this to say, about the whole quest...

The Abandoned Homestead instance from that quest is currently a "one & done" thing after defeating it's skeletal enemies there, & from my perspective, I think this should be re-playable afterwards, instead of the instance being one & done after it's only fight. It's not really a thrill to have it being a one & done thing, especially for those who seek for more good loot there.

Plus, I've thoughts about that quest's storyline. It feels like it need to have some more depth, adventure & lore than it should be. I know that Tomkins has been seeking to get his great-grandmother's Magic Lamp that was hailed from Krokotopia, so I was thinking that through the years, the Magic Lamp was likely wielded by many Krokotopians that were either good-hearted to do good to all the inhabitants or twisted & crooked conquerors who sought to rule Krokotopia under their dark will, & heavy tensions related to that Lamp turned into a large war that damaged their world more than they thought, & during it, the Lamp was presumed lost in the conflict & was believed to be gone forever until it was founded by his great-grandmother. Later on, she presumably hid the Lamp somewhere in Skull Island to keep it away from those who seek to misuse it, & through the years, it was relocated throughout the events that had it placed in the Abandoned Homestead that would be found by Pirates.

I know that this quest is for low-level Pirates & above, yet still, I've been thinking that the instance should be remade into a longer, more complete adventure & should be filled with many Krokotopia-related assets & new custom made chamber rooms added to that instance, E.G. caves by finding an open passage through a big hole in a wall in the Abandoned Homestead after the battle with the skeletal enemies, including new Krokotopia-themed enemies & bosses, such as undead Krokotopian Mummies, twisted Krok Pharaoh spirits & a living crooked Krokotopian that is selfishly hoarding the Lamp for dark desires that spells out doom as that instance's brand-new final boss at that instance's conclusion, complete with a new instance quest of it's own upon entry & a Second Chance Chest after that final boss' defeat for it's unique loot drops made & added there.

Well, trying to get the Magic Lamp from Krokotopia shouldn't have to be that easy than it is today, right? I know it shouldn't.

Regardless, I would kindly ask of you to revisit that quest & the instance & improve the story & revise that instance into a reasonably lengthy adventure with more lore, better storyline, improved pacing, & more value, like how the Skull Island Expansion did to the three rat quests before.

What do you think, Pirates? Should that quest receive improvements? I would like to see that made. Please make it so, P101 team!

Thanks again for hearing me!
It is there simply to supply needed extra experience without being too difficult or 'grindy', however, I agree that the storyline could use some expanding. As with the Monkey's Paw, the "be careful what you wish for" can be brought into play.
When I first encounter Trouble Tomkins and he joyfully remarks "I'm off to make my wish and then it's bye-bye Trouble!" I fully expected to see him reduced to a pile of ashes ( or at least a stone statue ) !

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Just thought I would make that quest a bit more adventurous, longer, challenging, & interesting, & to have that instance re-playable & contain an instance quest of it's own. Plus, you recall how select instances in MooShu, such as the favored Tomb of Kow Cheng, were expanded & improved before, right? No reason why "Here Comes Trouble" can't be extended & improved.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
It is there simply to supply needed extra experience without being too difficult or 'grindy', however, I agree that the storyline could use some expanding. As with the Monkey's Paw, the "be careful what you wish for" can be brought into play.
When I first encounter Trouble Tomkins and he joyfully remarks "I'm off to make my wish and then it's bye-bye Trouble!" I fully expected to see him reduced to a pile of ashes ( or at least a stone statue ) !
Ooh! Now that would be an interesting twist ending to that quest, because wishing on a magic lamp can lead to differed results, good or bad, based on how individuals wield the lamp. I could imagine Trouble Tomkins making a wish to rid himself of trouble forever only to be turned into a stone statue, & that would make a good surprise twist to that story.

That plot twist you thought of would also imply that the Krokotopian Magic Lamp would be somehow cursed by dark forces & that there was a warning to all individuals to never wield that Lamp no matter what, lest they face their unforeseen consequences just by wishing on it. Still, it would be an interesting plot twist to that quest.

That would really have an implementation on the wordplay phrase, "Be careful what you wish for.", like how the Monkey's Paw did with that wordplay, & it played really well on it.

To be accurate with dialogue line quotations on this, Tomkins really says, "I'm off to make my wish, and then it will be bye-bye trouble!". Just reminding you about that.