Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cannot return to Tower of Moo Manchu

AuthorMessage
Admiral
May 30, 2010
Indigo and I were going to do the tower today. Well, part of us are doing the tower, because when someone does something silly like exit to a life fountain you don't get the dungeon recall button all the time. We first discovered that when his buccaneer Angel went to tap a life fountain after the second floor. No big deal, we decided to start over. But we tested whether it was just the laptop Angel is on by having my privateer Tavia go to a life fountain. I got the dungeon recall button. Ok, we thought, it was just a glitch.

Started over. Made it past the Five and the next level before I realized Tavia was at max gold. I ported out to recover my two companions on bed rest and cannot return to the dungeon. Because KI so kindly made it impossible to port to someone in the gauntlet I can't get back that way. My team is now short the healing and I won't get to do the battle with Moo Manchu this week.

Is this a new glitch? Do we suddenly have limits on when we can leave the tower? Three hours of my Saturday gaming time was essentially wasted for that account because I cannot get to the last fight to rejoin my companions. Sure, my other account is getting the reward, but this one is not and that makes me irritated and frustrated after the time we've spent working through the tower.

Finished the tower and sent Warwick off to recover his two unnecessarily wounded companions and HE didn't get the dungeon recall button either. So, KI, do we now have to stay in the tower all the way to the end or start over from scratch every time we need to go off-load gold or heal companions? Or is the One Eyed Jack server oddly confused? Tavia was screwed up at 3ish, and Warwick's attempt to return to the chest thwarted at about 4 central time.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
We have done the Tower four times previously. On more than one occasion a member of the team would bop out to spend gold, or tap a life fountain, and then return using the dungeon return button. So I was surprised yesterday when Angel went off for a quick heal and did not receive the dungeon return option. OOOops. Since we had only done two levels, we decided to start over. However, before the other three left the tower one of Fiorenza's pirates ported out, because we wanted to see if the rules had changed or it there had just been some glitch with Angel. Her pirate teleported to a life fountain, and did have the dungeon return button. So, we thought, Angel's situation was a glitch.

Then right before the final battle with Moo Manchu, our privateer (that is, the healer-in-chief) teleported out, and as with Angel, she had no dungeon return button. No Moo Manchu loot for her!

So, new rule or new bug? And if a new rule, what is the rule - why did we receive the dungeon return button the middle time?

-Indigo

P.S. Fiorenza will probably forgive you if you leave 2,500 scrip in small unmarked bills in her account.

Developer
No, it's not new.

If you voluntarily leave the Gauntlet, you cannot re-enter.

This is the way that the Tower gauntlet has functioned since it went live.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
???

That may have been the way it was intended to work, but that is not (as least not consistently) how it has worked, Mr. Beard. On previous runs, if one of our pirates hit max gold (which does seem to happen when you are shoveling crowns into a second-chance chest) that pirate would teleport out and off-load some gold, and I don't remember before yesterday any of them not being able to return. Even yesterday, after Angel couldn't make it back, in a test before restarting the Tower one of Fiorenza's pirates left and was able to return via the dungeon recall button. Honestly, we are not making that up.

Still, it is good to know that being able to return has been the bug, not being unable to return. But you should know that the dungeon is not consistently working as you intend.

Ironically, neither Angel nor Fiorenza's particularly pirate needed to leave: Angel could have swigged a potion* and Tavia could have just not worried about losing the additional gold.

-Indigo

*I tend to hold expendable items. My D&D characters are notorious for never drinking their magic potions (they always think "I made need it more later).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Jan 19, 2015 wrote:
No, it's not new.

I have left the tower many times, between fights to heal or lose some gold or backpack items. The dungeon recall has always worked for me. I have used it from the beginning of my many tower runs. I understood that fleeing from a dungeon would lock you out but in between fights has always been the breather time to unload and recharge. If dungeon recall no longer works than it is indeed a new thing.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Ratbeard on Jan 19, 2015 wrote:
No, it's not new.

Ok, Indigo has already pointed out that we've done it the other 4 times we did the tower, so that's new to us. Neither of us even tried the tower until it went live; we're not confusing what happened in Test Realm with "real life". Obviously if I'd thought that we weren't supposed to be able to return I'd not have reported this as a bug. Either way, there is a bug; could we please have clarification which way it is supposed to run and warn us when it's fixed?

Developer
Refer to the above post for the clarification: If you voluntarily leave the Gauntlet, you cannot re-enter.

As always, the patch notes will be your "warning" when it's fixed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
Refer to the above post for the clarification: If you voluntarily leave the Gauntlet, you cannot re-enter.

As always, the patch notes will be your "warning" when it's fixed.
Are you saying that all those times we left between fights was a glitch? Really? As often as gold banks and backpacks fill up that tower will be beyond nefarious. If it was just a glitch then why did dungeon recall always work up until recently? That sounds like it was programed to do that, but what do I know? I am not a programer nor do I know how bugs can function. I just know that for many months I was able to leave between fights to unload. It will be really sad if that has stopped.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I think it was supposed to be locked to prevent people from going to the life fountain and healing their companions between levels. The gauntlet is supposed to test you. Also so that people don't "shorten" their run by starting then leaving and then porting in at the end. How unfair it would be if you ran the dungeon for two to three hours and some good for nothing ports in at the end. Just my thoughts.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Developer
In the meantime, based on what I've heard from QA investigating this, you should get a notification before you leave the tower if you won't be able to return.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Ratbeard on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
In the meantime, based on what I've heard from QA investigating this, you should get a notification before you leave the tower if you won't be able to return.
Thanks, Ratbeard. If we'd been seeing any such notices before, we'd never have tried to leave the tower in the first place.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
DuranteRamses87 on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
I think it was supposed to be locked to prevent people from going to the life fountain and healing their companions between levels. The gauntlet is supposed to test you. Also so that people don't "shorten" their run by starting then leaving and then porting in at the end. How unfair it would be if you ran the dungeon for two to three hours and some good for nothing ports in at the end. Just my thoughts.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I don't mind being tested. I do mind not being warned I can't get back. And I do mind not being able to port to one of my group when I'm in a dungeon; running down and up those levels to get to the room with yum is time consuming when I'm trying to push through to the end.

It would be nice if there was some way you could port to the people in your group (surely you all form groups in the dungeons) within the tower, even if you can't pop in and out at will.

None of my friends are good for nothings; they wouldn't just join at the end of a dungeon they hadn't fought through unless I called for help with a group plunder chest.