Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

For all girl pirates

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This is a request to the concept artists, animators, & developers at KingsIsle, I would like to see our wardrobe expanded to include dresses/gowns or any accessories that are feminine.

If you're girl pirate reading this and you agree, don't just 'yar' this post, please reply.
If you disagree, GO AWAY! No, I want to hear your views also.
So say "Aye, I want to wear a dress"
or "Nay, keep me in pants."

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
I think there's nothing wrong with having more options, so I'm in favor of it. I happen to have two female pirates; one would love to have a 'pretty dress', the other would never wear such a garment. Having the choice would be nice.

Also, they have such a gown available in Wizard101, so there is a precedence with KI to have dresses available.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
This is a request to the concept artists, animators, & developers at KingsIsle, I would like to see our wardrobe expanded to include dresses/gowns or any accessories that are feminine.

If you're girl pirate reading this and you agree, don't just 'yar' this post, please reply.
If you disagree, GO AWAY! No, I want to hear your views also.
So say "Aye, I want to wear a dress"
or "Nay, keep me in pants."
Aye, I want to wear a dress!

I totally support the addition of some, for lack of a better word, 'girly' clothes to the game!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ok, so shock, shock- big surprise here.....yes, I'm not a lady or a girl pirate. I know this is a thread for "all girl pirates" but I would just like to say-- all girl pirates most certainly deserve, by piratical constitution and Spiral Equality Statutes, the right and means to dress and feel more like a lady....a kick tush lady pirate in frills, flowing gowns fancy-dancy accesories and/or more simply elegant dresses, if they so wish to.

So, you get a yar for desiring piratical sophistication and Spiral grace (and earning it)-- from this here MAN Pirate. (hmm, could really use a thumb's up emote right about now)

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
Ok, so shock, shock- big surprise here.....yes, I'm not a lady or a girl pirate. I know this is a thread for "all girl pirates" but I would just like to say-- all girl pirates most certainly deserve, by piratical constitution and Spiral Equality Statutes, the right and means to dress and feel more like a lady....a kick tush lady pirate in frills, flowing gowns fancy-dancy accesories and/or more simply elegant dresses, if they so wish to.

So, you get a yar for desiring piratical sophistication and Spiral grace (and earning it)-- from this here MAN Pirate. (hmm, could really use a thumb's up emote right about now)
I second that!
- Jack

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Aye,I want a dress.

Just kidding....you really can't expect me to just write a one sentence post.

I'd probably look gorgeous!And the more colors the better.In fact,I'd probably love one that was intertwined with the night sky,made from liquid shadow made solid with only specs of light as stars and an air of mystique that could entrance,mortify,or put you into an eternal sleep from which you will never wake...

(OOC:This message didn't come from Moira,she isn't really the dress-wearing kind...(yes,my only female character doesn't wanna be in a dress))

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:

Thank you Valkoor, for your support and I'm sure there are masculine pirates who might like to support their 'sisters' right to choice!
So if you're reading this post out of simple curiousity ( and a boy pirate ), perhaps you would like to add your opinion. Please do.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
Aye,I want a dress.

Just kidding....you really can't expect me to just write a one sentence post.

I'd probably look gorgeous!And the more colors the better.In fact,I'd probably love one that was intertwined with the night sky,made from liquid shadow made solid with only specs of light as stars and an air of mystique that could entrance,mortify,or put you into an eternal sleep from which you will never wake...

(OOC:This message didn't come from Moira,she isn't really the dress-wearing kind...(yes,my only female character doesn't wanna be in a dress))
That is a simply beautiful description and had me greening with envy ( but how would Ki ever apply the effects and textures to it and on a moving body, too? ). Not to mention the Power Cards needed....

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Although 'feminine' is not a word I would use to describe say, Autumn Nightingale, I would surely love to be able to give Tavia or Cunning Esmee a nice girly outfit. And a nice fascinator instead of a big hat. But not heels. Good flat pumps so she can keep her feet during a storm or a battle.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
I love this idea, I may not be a girl though but I think it would be a great addition to the game for female pirates. No female wants to be going through the game without a dress, I am sure you female pirates would look beautiful with some dresses with fabulous patterns.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Ninja Phoenix123 on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
I love this idea, I may not be a girl though but I think it would be a great addition to the game for female pirates. No female wants to be going through the game without a dress, I am sure you female pirates would look beautiful with some dresses with fabulous patterns.
I'm sure there are females who wouldn't want a dress. I'm sure there are gentlemen who would enjoy a somewhat flashier (dandier?) suit than what is currently available. And I'm sure that there are probably an equal number of male and females who are pretty much perfectly content with what's already available.

What would be delightful is to have the option available. Even more delightful would be to have it stat-free so one could stitch the outfit one worked so hard to farm into the flash clothes one had purchased.

Ensign
Aug 14, 2008
I think this would be a nice idea for those who would like more options for outfits... with that being said, should they implement more dresses, skirts, ect. ect. in the game, I would only ask that they don't reinforce it onto girl characters.

I'm rather happy with the neutrality presented in the current clothing, because it's a bit more comfortable (and logically speaking, a bit easier for us pirates to move in while we're out questing and being little tricksters), but having different choices is definitely a nice idea!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Yar! Dresses, petticoats, skorts, culottes, gauchos, much more variety, please!! And no more helmets with HORNS!!! Please!

Ensign
May 23, 2014
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 15, 2015 wrote:
I'm sure there are females who wouldn't want a dress. I'm sure there are gentlemen who would enjoy a somewhat flashier (dandier?) suit than what is currently available. And I'm sure that there are probably an equal number of male and females who are pretty much perfectly content with what's already available.

What would be delightful is to have the option available. Even more delightful would be to have it stat-free so one could stitch the outfit one worked so hard to farm into the flash clothes one had purchased.
Not to split hairs here, but you can stitch clothing with stats as well. I don't understand why you'd want it to be stat free. What if the dresses came with the best stats in game?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Shannoony on Jan 15, 2015 wrote:
I think this would be a nice idea for those who would like more options for outfits... with that being said, should they implement more dresses, skirts, ect. ect. in the game, I would only ask that they don't reinforce it onto girl characters.

I'm rather happy with the neutrality presented in the current clothing, because it's a bit more comfortable (and logically speaking, a bit easier for us pirates to move in while we're out questing and being little tricksters), but having different choices is definitely a nice idea!
KI has done a wonderful job with the clothing of our pirates, keeping it appropriate for a family oriented game and also for not 'forcing' the females into skirts all the time.
Its just that I would like to see a little more choice, for we're not always fighting for our lives, freedom or gold; sometimes we're on shore and I feel our wardrobe should reflect that.
One of my favorite pirate movies was Cutthroat Island and the main character is a female pirate captain ( daughter of a famous pirate ). In one of the first scenes she's dressed in a very lovely ensemble when she suddenly has to flee for her life. A fully packed action scene but the best part is when she slides through a milliners shop, dives out a window, turns to her companion and says, "That looked like a good shop, I must come back here." ( or something similar.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Kan The Destroyer on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
Not to split hairs here, but you can stitch clothing with stats as well. I don't understand why you'd want it to be stat free. What if the dresses came with the best stats in game?
Yes, you can. But why not have stat-free clothes that you can stitch? It would potentially make them cheaper to purchase and you'd not have to go through the whole agonizing whether the stats it came with are better than the things you slogged away to win in battle.

What if they came with the best stats in the game? They couldn't; the best stats would depend on what type of pirate you're playing. Best stats for WD is not at all going to be best stats for SB. Now the dress is expensive for my SB who wants to stitch it (not that my female swashbuckler is a dress-wearing type, but as an example).

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Well, I think I have well stated already how much I like gowns (say, like the Lady Elite's!) and my pirates would certainly love to have some... maybe not when they are traipsing through the sewers, but as you say, Esperanza, even in a life of adventure we aren't going to be slogging in the muck every day! And just to recap what I have said before, the Lady Elite wears what looks to be a riding habit, and that is a relatively practical garment for adventuring. And we also have hats that will fit nicely with such a garment, as big plumed hats were popular for both genders, or a cocked hat would give a nice saucy accompaniment, perfect for a pirate.

Though, to be fair, there are some feminine ensembles already available in the game. We can start the game with a girlish ensemble of a short petticoat and a bodice, which I think is also available in the Skull Island shop. I have quite liked many of my witchdoctor's ensembles: the cute laced bodice with the grass skirt and necklace of flowers and oddments; the 'Indian princess' ensemble, and the robed attire for Mooshu (for which I particularly like the headdresses, reminiscent of the dancing costumes of some Chinese minorities) for example. Mooshu also provides a very pretty robe, a sort of happi (or perhaps haori) tied in front with a long sash that gives a quite feminine look (and some are dropped in the Tower of Winter's Fury, happily enough). And the earrings! Have I said how much I love the earrings? I am very happy those were added in the update in the Spring.

But... I am still hoping for some gown styles when we go to Valencia, since I am sure the Valencians will be great arbiters of fashion as well as culture! And maybe shoes to match... reasonably practical ones, nice leather shoes with silver buckles and a small heel... But if it never happens I can always draw them for my own amusement.

Ensign
Jun 27, 2009
I mean I get p101 and w101 take place in a very different backround, but some clothing in w101 is beautiful. I would espically like High Heels.

Community Leader
It would be nice for the ladies to have more attire that suits them.

For that matter, there could be more attire that suits an actual pirate (male) as well.

I've never seen a pirate (in books, pictures, or movies) in 3/4's of the gear we have now at our disposal.

However I have seen plenty of pirate outfits not in the game.

(Would prefer to look like a traditional pirate, of which there does not seem to be that many variations of, maybe im just lazy, lol)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
Dr Zeppers on Feb 2, 2015 wrote:
It would be nice for the ladies to have more attire that suits them.

For that matter, there could be more attire that suits an actual pirate (male) as well.

I've never seen a pirate (in books, pictures, or movies) in 3/4's of the gear we have now at our disposal.

However I have seen plenty of pirate outfits not in the game.

(Would prefer to look like a traditional pirate, of which there does not seem to be that many variations of, maybe im just lazy, lol)
I agree with you, good doctor. For a game about pirates, this game does lack an appropriate amount of pirate specific fashion.
- Jack

P.S.
I enjoy your Pirate101 music videos! Keep up the good work!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Ensign
Nov 06, 2009
i think it would be cool if we could have like ball gowns ad the a ripped dirty wedding (looking dress). that way it could be like pretty but deadly. and maye we could have a weapon that stays/sticks out of our shoes.and a tiara. ( kind of like how we have earings) sor of like a girly girl pirate theme. anyone agree?

- clever amber vane.