Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pvp. Not alot of fun. But, you can make it better.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 03, 2012
Alright, all of us pirates know that pvp in this game isn't to fun. We also know you can make it more fun.

First of all, these matches aren't fair. You guys should add different rooms with a certain level requirement. For example, levels 5-10 10-20 20-30 40-50 50-60 60-64 65 or 60-65 anyways, that would make pvp more fair.

Second of all, we need a even amount of people on each team! I think you should be able to choose if you want to do a 1v1 2v2 3v3 or 4v4 and you should be able to do pvp like you would in dungeons. You either stay in the realm your in to do pvp, or you do it with other people throughout the realms like when you press X on the sigil it says "join red team" "join blue team" "(something related to team up like in the dungeons but instead finding people to pvp with throughout the districts)"

PS. I got these ideas from playing Wizard101 here's a ever better suggestion:
MAKE PVP LIKE WIZARD101!!!

Okay, third of all (this is just a suggestion) rewards. Rewards in pvp. Now I'm only suggesting rewards after you add the level thing. Otherwise, its unfair unless you work really, really, really hard on this ONE thing. But it would be cool. Like get a piece of armor one of your opponents have. (Not actually take it from them.) Or even some gold. I just feel like this will make people want to do pvp more often.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Pirate Ninja on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:
Alright, all of us pirates know that pvp in this game isn't to fun. We also know you can make it more fun.

First of all, these matches aren't fair. You guys should add different rooms with a certain level requirement. For example, levels 5-10 10-20 20-30 40-50 50-60 60-64 65 or 60-65 anyways, that would make pvp more fair.

Second of all, we need a even amount of people on each team! I think you should be able to choose if you want to do a 1v1 2v2 3v3 or 4v4 and you should be able to do pvp like you would in dungeons. You either stay in the realm your in to do pvp, or you do it with other people throughout the realms like when you press X on the sigil it says "join red team" "join blue team" "(something related to team up like in the dungeons but instead finding people to pvp with throughout the districts)"

Okay, third of all (this is just a suggestion) rewards. Rewards in pvp. Now I'm only suggesting rewards after you add the level thing. Otherwise, its unfair unless you work really, really, really hard on this ONE thing. But it would be cool. Like get a piece of armor one of your opponents have. (Not actually take it from them.) Or even some gold. I just feel like this will make people want to do pvp more often.
Ranked PVP is coming. It's on a to-do list for KI developers,. Everything you're suggesting is probably in development right now.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Or you can stop the fighting about powers and job classes and eliminate pvp altogether since nobody will ever be happy no matter what.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:
Or you can stop the fighting about powers and job classes and eliminate pvp altogether since nobody will ever be happy no matter what.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
No, not everyone will be happy, but some people I'm sure will be satisfied with new features. PvP is completely optional, so avoid all you like for all I care. But for those who would enjoy such a challenge, you still need to consider them to.

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
The Pirate Ninja on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:

One more thing, I would appreciate it if, when people are just watching battles in PvP. Perhaps they have an excellent view of the battle like Wizard101 has.

Ensign
May 23, 2014

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
So very true!

Ensign
Feb 16, 2013

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Eliminate PvP? I think not, sure players won't always be happy but each class has had their "time to shine" in PvP some may not see it but I do believe it is fair frankly. If KI eliminated PvP I'm more than certain half of the community would leave due to it's one of the main factors of the game players stay tuned into. As for @ThePirateNinja everything you just said sounds exactly like what ranked would and should be, and to add onto that list of yours perhaps the option to observe matches such as Wizard has.

Petty Officer
May 14, 2011
As for the rewards i am guessing scrip will be one of them

Developer

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
PvP is an important part of the game, much beloved by many players-- and at any rate, if pleasing everybody, every time was the metric by which we plan our updates, nothing would ever get done.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Eliminate pvp? Nay I say. It's not required to advance the storyline and so is completely optional. If some don't like pvp, then don't partake. For us hardcore pirates who finish new worlds a just a few days, there is nothing else to occupy our time between the release of new worlds but grinding for gear and pvp. Standing around in Avery's court gets old after a while lol. Also many pirates play the game just for the pvp. They go through the storyline because it's necessary in order to obtain the gear they to pvp with.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Ratbeard on Dec 31, 2014 wrote:
PvP is an important part of the game, much beloved by many players-- and at any rate, if pleasing everybody, every time was the metric by which we plan our updates, nothing would ever get done.
my respect for you just doubled

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Ratbeard on Dec 31, 2014 wrote:
I think this statement is one that applies to every craft,art,business,science.Well done,.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2013
I find it quite ironic that Pirate101 PvP combat is better than Wizard101 due to no first turn advantage, but Pirate has no ranking system like Wizard.
IMHO, getting some sort of matching system for PvP should be top priority. Storyline content is finite, but a good PvP system provides infinite content. PvP is the endgame for most MMOs.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
In addition to rewards like arena prizes like rear gears,etc. and ranked pvp badges. There should two types of ranked pvp. One type is with companions on the captain's side. The other type is without companions meaning only the player will only compete with one another. This should make pvp more interesting and fun.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
@The Pirate Ninja: I hope you don't mean EXACTLY like W101, since there are some glaring flaws with the W101 PvP system. In terms of getting a copy of certain equipment from the opponent, I don't think that's a fantastic idea. Some of the equipment we've spent HOURS to farm for from our lives. If an opponent can just take the equipment w/o any effort, it defeats the purpose of farming in the first place. Now, I do agree with your second option. Having 4v3, 3v1, etc. requires lots more effort from the minority team than could possibly be pulled from them. Evening up the teams will be a BIG help.

@Monkrinx2024: That's a great idea! I'd probably spend a lot of time in the companionless area. I've always wanted to go without my companions and having that as an option would make m so happy!

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl 65

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
I wonder, would the armor capable to be bought from official arena vendors look like the Warlord stuff in W101? That would be very awesome, bu the models refined a bit would make it awesomer.
Though I daresay earning the stuff would be hard, it would be worth it. I also think that bacon is tasty.