Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Things in P101 that make you upset

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 06, 2012
One thing that makes me get upset is when a companion misses, then uses second chance- and misses again.
You drag it on! I'd love to hear what you guys think!

Ian Milford, shooting down evil since ancient times

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Upset seems a bit strong for minor annoyances. When I find I'm actually upset at the game it tells me it's time I go and do something else for a while.

Yeah, it's irksome when the crew just doesn't seem to be able to hit (or dodge) for love nor money. And if it happens over and over and I'm starting to stress about it, I know to go somewhere safe and shutdown for an hour or so, since clearly the crew and I need a break from each other.

That said, ship battles seem to be my particular bete noir, particularly the ones where you sink and hope for a drop. Sinking 5 ships to get the first of 4 required drops nearly made me stop playing the other night, but a friend came in and helped encourage the Armada to give up their grain rather more enthusiastically. Even if it had taken the full 20 sinks at that point it wouldn't have mattered because I was having fun with Rogan's help.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
One thing that makes me upset is when enemies constantly spawn after every step I take, you can never be too sure when crossing a space with no signs of enemy, they might just be hidden. :p

Ensign
Jul 16, 2013
I don't like it when you are doing the main story quest and after you finish something long or a battle they make you do something else that takes longer.

Ensign
May 16, 2009
  1. When your Invisibility/Hidden (the thing that makes you invisible and x2 damage) gets used up by a Flanking or Overwatch.
  2. When one enemy dodges literally everything you throw at him. And that enemy was a Musketeer.
  3. Fighting Witchdoctors.

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
When all the enemies team up on one companion and kill them in a single round. That just happened to me with Bonnie Anne. I cant even use Sarah Steele in a musketeer fight because musketeers always target her and no one else.
Clever Sam Jones

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
"You have been defeated" this is an absolutely useless notification!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
dark man 197 on Nov 16, 2014 wrote:
I don't like it when you are doing the main story quest and after you finish something long or a battle they make you do something else that takes longer.
Oh, I know that feeling so well! But at least the story is fun.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Clever Sam Jones on Nov 16, 2014 wrote:
When all the enemies team up on one companion and kill them in a single round. That just happened to me with Bonnie Anne. I cant even use Sarah Steele in a musketeer fight because musketeers always target her and no one else.
Clever Sam Jones
Oh my gosh... this post is bae.

I hate it when enemies do that.

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
When I have so many companions on bedrest on my WD because I have to have my melee companions take the most hits so that they don't get to my squishy WD and Bonnie Anne. Oh the higher levels are going to be a treat.