Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question About Heals

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
When we heal a team mate or companion are our heals effected by magic resist?

For example I have a Team Refresh: Which shows on the card as a 307 heal for everyone. (Let us assume everyone has more than 500 health they can gain)

Everyone receives a different amount of health typically around 250sih (depends on the companion/player)

Why? Is there a formula for this, instead of just a flat number?

Thank you in advance for your help in understanding.

~Clumsy Calamity

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Calamity PixieShad... on Nov 2, 2014 wrote:
When we heal a team mate or companion are our heals effected by magic resist?

For example I have a Team Refresh: Which shows on the card as a 307 heal for everyone. (Let us assume everyone has more than 500 health they can gain)

Everyone receives a different amount of health typically around 250sih (depends on the companion/player)

Why? Is there a formula for this, instead of just a flat number?

Thank you in advance for your help in understanding.

~Clumsy Calamity
Good question. My guess is it is boosted by the recipient's will level or their amount of Spell Power trained, but I eagerly await a thorough explanation from a knowledgeable developer.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I believe Magic Resist is used only when the character that has it is being attacked by spells or Magic. Since Healing Spells are not an attack, I wouldn't think that Magic Resist would have any effect.

Developer
There's also a bonus to healing based on how damaged the target is. The lower the remaining health of the target, the higher the bonus.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Ratbeard on Nov 5, 2014 wrote:
There's also a bonus to healing based on how damaged the target is. The lower the remaining health of the target, the higher the bonus.
Thank you Ratbeard for the information! That is very good to know.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Ratbeard on Nov 5, 2014 wrote:
"There is also"

sighs - always riddles.

I get the bonus part, it is just the way it is worded. Thank you. I think.

~Clumsy Calamity