Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Shrimpy Shellmet and Drain Magic

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2010
I recently acquired the Shrimpy Shellmet on my Privateer. I put it into use immediately, because it looks hilarious, plus Drain Magic looks cool. The next time I was in a fight, I gave the Marchioness damage reduction, and had her give me boosted will. Drain Magic promptly took both of these away. Is it supposed to also target friendly characters, or is this glitching?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
sjosten on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
I recently acquired the Shrimpy Shellmet on my Privateer. I put it into use immediately, because it looks hilarious, plus Drain Magic looks cool. The next time I was in a fight, I gave the Marchioness damage reduction, and had her give me boosted will. Drain Magic promptly took both of these away. Is it supposed to also target friendly characters, or is this glitching?
It drains allies, it's evil & un-stitch-able. I wear mine only for costume parties or as a joke. It does look extremely funny!

Developer
sjosten on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
Nope, that's how it works.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
As I understand it, Drain Magic removes all buffs from all characters to that point. Since I haven't used it yet, there may also be a range component. It is not evil, it is a tool like any other boost except it is an anti-boost.