Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mixed Feelings On New Pack

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 05, 2013
Okay, about the Grizzly Beast pack...

On the one hand...it's a NEW PACK!!! Woohoo! Seriously, I'm just happy to finally see a new pack after all this time! I've bought a bunch of them, and have gotten some cool stuff, pets, etc.

On the other hand...it's not really that great a pack.

The pets are welcome, of course, and the new crew look awesome! But...after buying many of the packs, I'm drowning in habitrail pieces, not-that-good eye patches, more pet stuff than I need or want, and a couple of the same design of wig. The crew mates seem as hard to get as the Azteca crew mates, and frankly, I'm not made of money. I have yet to even see one anywhere...it's a shame.

So...while I love that they is finally a new pack...I'm not as in love with it as I would have hoped. Still...it's a good sign! Hopefully we'll have even more in the future!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
galliard2 on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:

On the one hand...it's a NEW PACK!!! Woohoo! Seriously, I'm just happy to finally see a new pack after all this time! I've bought a bunch of them, and have gotten some cool stuff, pets, etc.

The pets are welcome, of course, and the new crew look awesome! But...after buying many of the packs, I'm drowning in habitrail pieces, not-that-good eye patches, more pet stuff than I need or want, and a couple of the same design of wig. The crew mates seem as hard to get as the Azteca crew mates, and frankly, I'm not made of money. I have yet to even see one anywhere...it's a shame.

So...while I love that they is finally a new pack...I'm not as in love with it as I would have hoped. Still...it's a good sign! Hopefully we'll have even more in the future!
Welcome to the message boards Gilliard.
I am glad you are getting some enjoyment from the wonderful packs. Hopefully your luck will change and you will get your fabulous companion. I didn't get any for a couple of days then early this morning I decided to try once more and on my first try I got a companion. Ya just never know.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Did you know that you can connect the pieces of the habitrail? I think this is a cool piece of housing gear! As soon as I can get some crowns, I'm going to continue to buy this pack ( got to get those pets! especially the Fawnfaun & heck kitty! ) I've seen one wig style & I like it ( reminds me of Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon. )
I have the scaled wall paper and at least three of the flooring styles. The interactive pet items are great, too! There's a lot to love about this pack! Thank you KI!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012

(I'm gonna get crucified for this but...)

Well, maybe they want to limit the number of Grizzleheim companions out there so as not to build up hopes that we'll get to visit Grizzleheim only to have them dashed when we don't.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Yeah I know I'm gonna get a a lot of hate, but this pack was pretty disappointing. especially since we've been waiting to go to grizzleheim (most of us anyway) and then we see this pack. my friends got so excited but it wasn't that good. Shame. I've spent a lot of crowns on that pack. (over 12,000) and I've not yet gotten a single companion.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Any pack where you start buying a lot of 'em fishing for companions will soon mean you have more of the common pieces than you can every use, whether they be Azteca wall pieces or bit of habitrail. The jewelry and eye patches are geared to increase energy for pet training, and can be useful if you have pirates who are in temporary retirement and are amusing themselves training pets. Also, they sell for decent gold (750 for many of them). Overall I found it to be a good solid pack.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
(I'm gonna get crucified for this but...)

Well, maybe they want to limit the number of Grizzleheim companions out there so as not to build up hopes that we'll get to visit Grizzleheim only to have them dashed when we don't.
Alright get the torches & pitchforks! Get him, me hearties!! Mwahahaha! lol just a little joke there....

Ensign
Feb 08, 2009
I got two bear crew. One is And the other is a . The Ability is when he beat one of crew he will attack another one and injury it. The Ability is when he beat one of the crew he recover health. One thing I'm trying to figure out is are all bear crew gonna be title tested beastmaster?

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
I think the pavilions are really cool...but is anyone else having trouble finding a spot large enough to put one down? So far, only one of my houses (I have around 8 or so) has room for a pavilion. I guess I wish the pavilions were a tiny bit smaller.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Initially I had bad luck on the new pack, I received a lot of pet snacks and housing items. Just opened 4 of these packs the other day. Then i decided to give it another chance, I opened about 12 of this pack. This is unexpected my luck have turned to good, I have received 3 new pets including the clock work spider for my musketeer, a fuanfawn and a hoggle the pirate version of the piggle for the other characters. Yet still no bear companion and mount,sadly.

I still have no clue if the hedge hog with an eye patch outside the tent, the frilled lizard and that cute cat,i belive it's called hex kitty or something in the tent is part of the pack or be aviable for the crown shop someday.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Hello galliard2 and welcome to the message boards! I am quoting you for those precious, extra 1000 characters and simply because it is your thread. Hope you enjoy your time here on the boards and good luck in the game as well.

Let us not forgot that we also have essentially received new hybrids from this pack as well....2 already and surely more to come-- all possible because of the new pets in the pack.

The only thing that I noticed that I wouldn't have mind seeing is that there were more of a variety in the Grizzle Crew companions' appearance. I have not gotten any (even after about $100 spent), but I saw all 5 of the companions on Central. With the Tribal crew, each companion class base model looked distinctly different and were there own breed of dino-- but, there were a ton of dinosaurs species.

All of the bears in the Grizzle Crew pack appear to basically be the same model, but just look slightly different after promotions and varying gear, with the Buccaneer being the most distinctive of the 5. But perhaps this is mostly do to the bears being from one Clan and one distinctive species of bear...hmm, Grizzly. Plus a lot of bear species look very similar anyways. And I am quite sure that with all of the other graphics and artwork going on with so much of the new content from the updates, that getting the new companions into the pack period, along with all the other goodies, was more of a pressing priority.

But it would have been nice to see maybe one bear with larger more menacing teeth, or even one with just one top tooth, or more, bushier pelt around one's body and face, maybe a big potbelly on another, or a larger more pronounced snout on another. Or just different facial features would have been ok, too. I do think they look absolutely great, but I did really enjoy the total distinction between all of the Aztecosaur companions, as well.

Overall an amazing pack-- lots of new pets, housing items and a new Battle Standard. The pavilions are amazing additions, just a little tough to find room for them. The only items that would have been great to see added would have been some amazing new Grizzleheim weapons. Massive clubs and/or maces, warhammers, 1-handed Nordic-esque axes, bear-toothed stabby weapons and maybe some 2-handed Greatswords would have been SWEET!

But still, absolutely love the new pack!

Petty Officer
Oct 24, 2012
I have to agree. I love the new pets and I like some of the new furniture items but I am thoroughly disappointing aside from that. I am annoyed that the furniture is not Grizzleheim themed, and I have bought 25000 crowns worth of packs (I have a serious pack buying problem... I know that's ALOT of crowns... but I couldn't stop myself)... and no companion... Really annoyed about how desperately rare the companions are...

Captain
Dec 01, 2012

BUT THAT BATTLE STANDARD!!!!It's more than perfect for me!

And it comes with some great furniture.That,and,it is only a small step towards other packs.I mean,making a new book is VERY hard.And KI will do anything to keep us happy.

Anyways,I have indeed seen some of the companions,I know Paige has the Witchdoctor,and I know Anne Radcliffe has the buccaneer.

So...it's pure random,right?
WRONG!!!
See,when you aren't temporally limited by the disappearance of chests,you can test out Ratbeard's new head patting tummy rubbing technique.So far,I've seen it effective in Companion Tasks,and tests(in real life) but I haven't had the opportunity to use it on packs(considering I haven't bought any in a long time).

Here's the instructions on the tummy rubbing.Head patting has to be quick,on the back of the head,with only your fingers.

We start with 5 minutes clockwise and then 5 minutes counter-clockwise, followed by 30 seconds of intense contrariwise rubby-patty. It has been shown to be 99.2% effective in increasing loot drops.

Head patting has to be quick,on the back of the head.Despite the fact that this is loot drops,it should work for the drops.And if it doesn't...well...you are pretty unlucky,or you just aren't using it right.It's probably the latter.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Monkrinx2024 on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
Initially I had bad luck on the new pack, I received a lot of pet snacks and housing items. Just opened 4 of these packs the other day. Then i decided to give it another chance, I opened about 12 of this pack. This is unexpected my luck have turned to good, I have received 3 new pets including the clock work spider for my musketeer, a fuanfawn and a hoggle the pirate version of the piggle for the other characters. Yet still no bear companion and mount,sadly.

I still have no clue if the hedge hog with an eye patch outside the tent, the frilled lizard and that cute cat,i belive it's called hex kitty or something in the tent is part of the pack or be aviable for the crown shop someday.
Heck kitty and hedgehog are both in the pack. And adorable, too. Not sure about the frilled lizard.

galliard, I have trouble placing the pavilions as well. I wish KI would either shave down the size a smidgen or enlarge our housing areas a tad so they'd fit.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Monkrinx2024 on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:

Actually I don't think there is ANY mounts in here (which I found to be a bit of a curse with the Tribal Crew)