Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can we get a hint

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
It's been awhile since the last acknowledged hybrid being found, could we perhaps get some kind of hint to help us find a new one?
Perhaps one to the Lizard in the morphing tent?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yea maybe at least tell us which ones are not even available yet so we can reduce the frustrations of trying for something with will (at this point) always fail.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It has been well over a month since anybody has reported finding a new hybrid.

-Indigo

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
One half of a combo can only be obtained if your companions bring you a special egg.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks. That's a nice hint, as it saves us trying a lot unproductive combinations.

-Indigo

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
One half of a combo can only be obtained if your companions bring you a special egg.
That made sense...so to put it in English (rather than Confusing Decius Hint ), that would mean that one of the pets has to be from Pet Wranglin'? Or did I not interpret that correctly?

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Oooo... I'm betting you have to hatch with a first gen pet you got through pet wrangling.

My husband and I have first gens of all the pets so far for the known hybrids, (and there matches). We will try hatch tonight (a few times) and I will report the results. As of now I've tried to make the Emusaur 16 times, but I've been using an 1st gen orchid Chameleon which was a drop from Bobby Bones, so I'll see what happens if I use my husbands orchid chameleon he got through wrangling.

~Clumsy Calamity

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oh THANK you Decius *Big Chrissy hug*

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
what i think your saying is if ower companions go pet rangling they might bring back a egg, and that egg is one half of a combnation?

Community Leader
So that would mean:

-Inky Octopus
-Coconut Crawlie
-Violet Bubblefish
-Ice Scarab (already has a Hybrid)
-Ebon Spectre (already has a Hybrid)
-Not So Great White Shark (already has a Hybrid)
-Orchid Chameleon (already has a Hybrid)
-Mini Minotaur
-Silver Buffaloon
-Imperial Lion
-Tawny Sky Turtle
-White Tailed Jackalope

Go on, my little Morphers and find a new hybrid!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
And, I think, Mademoiselle Kelsey, we could narrow down this list further, as the hint seems to specify only those pets your companions could bring you. So if say, mini-minotaurs can be found in the Crown Shop, and Tawny Sky turtles, jackalopes, and Imperial Lions can be found by quests or drops after battles, then I would be especially looking at the Violet Bubblefish (adorable), Inky Octopus (gosh, sounds so cute! Wish I had one. I love octopuses; they are so interesting), Silver Buffaloon (I had one in the test realm; I miss her), that sort of pet.

So my dear little Violet Bubblefish, want to play morphing games?

And thank you Master Decius, for an excellent hint! What fun!

Ensign
May 10, 2012
-Inky Octopus
-Coconut Crawlie
-Violet Bubblefish
-Mini Minotaur = also a crownshop pet
-Silver Buffaloon = also a crownshop pet
-Imperial Lion = is a special achievement pet
-Tawny Sky Turtle
-White Tailed Jackalope = a special achievement pet

So, if I read Decius to the letter, it has to be a special pet, only brought by companions.
That leaves fewer options to try out.
-Inky Octopus
-Coconut Crawlie
-Violet Bubblefish
-Tawny Sky Turtle

Any thoughts on this?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
And, I think, Mademoiselle Kelsey, we could narrow down this list further, as the hint seems to specify only those pets your companions could bring you. So if say, mini-minotaurs can be found in the Crown Shop, and Tawny Sky turtles, jackalopes, and Imperial Lions can be found by quests or drops after battles, then I would be especially looking at the Violet Bubblefish (adorable), Inky Octopus (gosh, sounds so cute! Wish I had one. I love octopuses; they are so interesting), Silver Buffaloon (I had one in the test realm; I miss her), that sort of pet.

I believe the silver buffaloon is also a Crown Shop pet. So fishies and octopi it is.

OTOH, my companions have brought me mini-Minotaurs, tawny sky turtles, jackalopes and imperial lions too. However, the other half of the combo doesn't need to be a wrangled pet, so all the others are back in the mix anyway.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:

Ooh, I agree completely about the cuteness and curiosities involved with those pets, Anne. Although I believe that the Silver Buffaloon is obtainable through the Crown Shop.....which is even better news! That should narrow it down to the following pets.

Violet Bubblefish
Inky Octopus
Coconut Crawlie (I think- can this pet be dropped? I have only gotten one from Pet Wranglin')

Guess,we just have to figure out which other pet(s) these select few want to play nice with, possibly many times, before becoming bonded throughout Morphing and Spiral eternity!

Now where is that endless supply of gold that I requested.....for the good of the cause of course!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Iphito on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
-Inky Octopus
-Coconut Crawlie
-Violet Bubblefish
-Mini Minotaur = also a crownshop pet
-Silver Buffaloon = also a crownshop pet
-Imperial Lion = is a special achievement pet
-Tawny Sky Turtle
-White Tailed Jackalope = a special achievement pet

So, if I read Decius to the letter, it has to be a special pet, only brought by companions.
That leaves fewer options to try out.
-Inky Octopus
-Coconut Crawlie
-Violet Bubblefish
-Tawny Sky Turtle

Any thoughts on this?
That seems to about sum it up, minus the Tawny Sky Turtle, which is dropped from many bosses in MooShu. But this should at least make finding this, or these, other sneaky Hybrids much, much easier!

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
This hint is a little confusing for me. Are you saying that you receive a better chance of receiving a hybrid if your companion brings a "special egg" of a pet, and by breeding that pet with a certain other pet you receive a better chance of getting a hybrid pet? Sorry if that sounded like a confusing statement...