Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What World Is Barnabus From?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 05, 2014
Hi, message boards. I posted to answer this question where you guys think Barnabus came from. I'm guessing Zafaria or Polaris but you guys take your votes. Happy travels!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Admiral
May 30, 2010
He's a sloth, so unlikely to be from Polaris. He'd need to come from a more jungle-y world. Hmmm...

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
THE SAVIOR on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
Hi, message boards. I posted to answer this question where you guys think Barnabus came from. I'm guessing Zafaria or Polaris but you guys take your votes. Happy travels!
In one of his posts, Blind Mew said that sloths come from Skull Island, from some unvisited skyway.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
That is a very good question,that is what I have been wondering for a while.Barnabus exact homeland is a mystery.The other Skull Kraken crews have revealed theire homeland, just find out as the story progress.

I would guess his homeland could be either El Darado or Monquestia in the zone yet to be discovered.

Ensign
Apr 05, 2014
Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
I really doubt he's from El dorado. I'm guessing el dorado won't be a literal island of solid gold, but that's more of a metaphor for something priceless... or something incredibly dangerous. I doubt Marco Pollo is ever very simple with his riddles.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I have a couple of questions about Barnabus as well, which maybe Blind Mew or Ratbeard could answer. It kind of correlates to the question about his homeland? (more of a storyline question, so Mew would probably have more insight).

I saw that you can receive and purchase the same poleaxe that Barnabus wields after his last promotion. From what I can tell the buyable poleaxe looks pretty much the exact same as the one that Barnabus receives after his last promotion. The weapon that you can receive as a drop or buy is called the 'Myrmidon Poleaxe'. When Barnabus promotes to Sloth Warrior, Gortez has his armorers "assemble a fine suit of Monquistador armor, sized for a giant" to give to Barnabus. It makes no mention of the axe or it's origins, which appears to be the same as the Myrmidon Poleaxe.

The word Myrmidon refers to Greek mythology and by definition "is a member of a warlike Thessalian people led by Achilles at the siege of Troy". So one would be led to believe that the Myrmidon Poleaxe has it's origins linked to Aquila and that land's Greek (& Roman) origins.

So, my questions for Blind Mew (possibly Ratbeard) are, where did Barnabus's Poleaxe come from? Was it a spoil of war or "treasure of trade" that somehow happened to make it's way to either Monquista or Skull Island? Or possibly does Barnabus have ties to Aquila or acquaintances in Aquila who may have fabricated or gifted him with the Myrmidon Poleaxe. Or perhaps does the old Sloth Warrior just like to shop at the Bazaar and that weapon was the only one that matched his armor perfectly and also happened to fit his giant-like stature?

Just curious, but I would really be gracious to receive some insight and thoughts on this from Blind Mew....only if and when he has time of course!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
I have a couple of questions about Barnabus as well, which maybe Blind Mew or Ratbeard could answer. It kind of correlates to the question about his homeland? (more of a storyline question, so Mew would probably have more insight).

I saw that you can receive and purchase the same poleaxe that Barnabus wields after his last promotion. From what I can tell the buyable poleaxe looks pretty much the exact same as the one that Barnabus receives after his last promotion. The weapon that you can receive as a drop or buy is called the 'Myrmidon Poleaxe'. When Barnabus promotes to Sloth Warrior, Gortez has his armorers "assemble a fine suit of Monquistador armor, sized for a giant" to give to Barnabus. It makes no mention of the axe or it's origins, which appears to be the same as the Myrmidon Poleaxe.

The word Myrmidon refers to Greek mythology and by definition "is a member of a warlike Thessalian people led by Achilles at the siege of Troy". So one would be led to believe that the Myrmidon Poleaxe has it's origins linked to Aquila and that land's Greek (& Roman) origins.

So, my questions for Blind Mew (possibly Ratbeard) are, where did Barnabus's Poleaxe come from? Was it a spoil of war or "treasure of trade" that somehow happened to make it's way to either Monquista or Skull Island? Or possibly does Barnabus have ties to Aquila or acquaintances in Aquila who may have fabricated or gifted him with the Myrmidon Poleaxe. Or perhaps does the old Sloth Warrior just like to shop at the Bazaar and that weapon was the only one that matched his armor perfectly and also happened to fit his giant-like stature?

Just curious, but I would really be gracious to receive some insight and thoughts on this from Blind Mew....only if and when he has time of course!
I guess it could just be a weapon that we purchased for The Sloth Warrior to congratulate him on his new promotion, but I was kind of hoping that maybe Blind Mew had a more interesting take or spin on how Barnabus got his claws on the Poleaxe with Aquilian origins.

I can always just use my own imagination and come up with something that works but I was wondering if there possibly was any kind of backstory that maybe had been conjured up, but just not put into the game itself. I don't really recall any mention of the weapon or the manner it was acquired but I think there's a lot of possibilities that could shed some light on how the Gentle Giant came to wield the Myrmidon Poleaxe.