Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Kingdom of the Blind

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
While I enthusiastically approve of the new "accessories" slot for our pirates to equip items that boost their abilities, it bothers me that all my pirates and pretty much everyone else I see are all one-eyed. So, we're orphans and we're all vision impaired. Poor orphans just cannot catch a break!* I understand that this category is for items that can be shown physically on our characters, but surely there are other options that can be added to eye-patches (and the occasional scarf wrapped over an eye).

Ear rings (although at least one hat currently adds ear rings)
Gloves (although some outfits currently come with gloves)
A feather, string of beads, etc., that would be added to your hat
A brooch that can be pinned on our shoulders

Thanks for listening,

-Indigo

*Ignoring for the moment that we own multiple ships and many of us are sitting on large piles of gold.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Indigo Ring on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
While I enthusiastically approve of the new "accessories" slot for our pirates to equip items that boost their abilities, it bothers me that all my pirates and pretty much everyone else I see are all one-eyed. So, we're orphans and we're all vision impaired. Poor orphans just cannot catch a break!* I understand that this category is for items that can be shown physically on our characters, but surely there are other options that can be added to eye-patches (and the occasional scarf wrapped over an eye).

Thanks for listening,

-Indigo

*Ignoring for the moment that we own multiple ships and many of us are sitting on large piles of gold.
:D actually not all pirates are wearing eye patches, I see plenty of people wearing shades.
Just something to let you know :P

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
I posted a similar comment earlier, and Ratbeard himself replied that they were planning on doing something about this.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Hair styles, anyone? Maybe Wigs for Pirate101? I really like those kinds of accessories in Wizard101. Possibly? I like the idea of feathers or a broach. What about bracelets? That would be nice.

Ooh, I'd like to see like special effects that give stats. For example, what if you could equip green "Ghost Flames" and your character could get this cool fire effect on their hands, shoulders, and knees-down. I remember how people wanted the Conqueroo's outfit's glove to have a magic effect on it. Why not have special effect accessories for any outfit? They could expand it to other things like frost, lightning or black wisps. That would be really cool.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
True, the sunglasses are the only alternative I have seen. (Personally, they seem un-piratical to me... but at least the have binocular vision still).

-Indigo

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oh, yes, yes, Indigo, I love those ideas! I confess that even though I have some very nice eyepatches, I almost never use them... out of vanity, I'm afraid. I like my characters to see the world through both their eyes. But earrings! Beads! Feathers! The visions just make my pretties-loving-heart go pit-a-pat!

Ensign
Feb 02, 2013

Thanks for listening,

-Indigo

Its a dangerous line of work, but it isn't without its perks

Commodore
May 31, 2009

Thanks for listening,

-Indigo

I'd love a set of earrings for my Privateer! I give ye a YAR, Indigo! I have always wanted something other than an eyepatch for my Swash. She's getting tired of not being able to see properly and consequently running into trees, boulders, and anything else that's in the way. And Bonnie Anne is sick of having to help her up off the ground every ten feet when she runs into something else.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I agree completely and truly believe that more Accessory options are in the works for the future. I think that maybe KI just added the new slot, transitioned the patches and eye wear to accommodate the new Accessory for ease and possibly due to current time and programming constraints, figured that was a good place to start to open the door to new future Accessory possibilities.

I really think, and hope, that we are in store for some great new Accessories, like the ones many of you have mentioned here and in other threads (like this one from Anecorbie/Esperanza), in future updates. I have a hunch they are, or soon will be, diligently programming and crafting new Accessory types that will blow our piratin' hats and eye patches right off!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Indigo Ring on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
True, the sunglasses are the only alternative I have seen. (Personally, they seem un-piratical to me... but at least the have binocular vision still).

-Indigo
Or that kid is totally blind...

It would be nice to accessorize one's pirate with a pegleg, although overriding the graphics for the shoes might be a problem.

I'd be happy if at least one of my pirates could see from his right eye instead of his left for a change.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My Mom's last words to me before she disappeared on that fateful voyage? "Careful, kid, or you'll put your eye out".

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indigo Ring on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
My Mom's last words to me before she disappeared on that fateful voyage? "Careful, kid, or you'll put your eye out".

-Indigo
*Totally laughing out loud* That is just priceless.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
From today's update notes (currently just in the test realm):

"We’ve added some new appearance changing accessories to the game beyond eye patches! Can you discover them all? A good place to start is on the vendors in Skull Island-- but you'll find the coolest stuff added to the loot tables for bosses."

Woohoo! Thanks, KI. From the timing, (that is, this soon after starting the thread) it is clear they were working on this change long before I made my suggestion. Looking forward to seeing the new options!

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Indigo Ring on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:

-Indigo
Too funny, Indigo! I was laughing for like 3 minutes when I read this.